• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM webcomic and manga seperation (As well as some Murata statements)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think everyone agrees with separating the profiles.

The thing is, not every version of a profile currently necessarily needs a webcomic counterpart. Some of them we can just snip a couple of pieces of information off of them and they would essentially be fully manga.
That would probably work.
Hello i'm new member here and my favourite verse is opm nice to meet you all
Nice to meet you @LoveToSex and welcome!

The thing is, not every version of a profile currently necessarily needs a webcomic counterpart. Some of them we can just snip a couple of pieces of information off of them and they would essentially be fully manga.
We actually have a list of the characters that could use webcomic profiles in the discussion thread. I’ll find that and paste it here.

I might have asked this before, but I honestly can't remember, but are there any webcomic-exclusive character pages on the wiki?

Understandable, for reference here's where the tiers have been calced.
Wolf: 9-B (tongue stretcher) to 9-A (Piggy Bancon)
Low Tiger: 9-A (Electric Catfish Man, others)
mid tiger: 8-C (Dave, although this will be downgraded)
high tiger: High 8-C (Kombu Infinity) to baseline 8-B (Sky Folk)
low demon: 8-B to 8-A (Hammerhead)
mid-demon: 7-C (small hundred eyes octopus, Gearsper, others) to High 7-C (Beginning of Series Genos)
high demons: High 7-C (ultra spiral incineration cannon) to Low 7-B (hundred eyes octopus)
Low dragons: Low 7-B+
mid dragons: 7-B (Vaccine Man, Beefcake, others)
high dragons: 7-A(Gouketsu) to 6-C(Pluton, Geryuganshoop, the meteor potentially)
Above dragon: High 6-C (Orochi) to High 6-A ( Psykorochi, Boros, Saitama)
God: Unknown
Thank you so much!

Okay then, I don't know if we need to count the votes but Shift_Crtl_Alt_Delete, Usklaverei, Matthew, Damage and Epiccheev have all voiced support for the changes so...

Webcomic+Manga:

Agree: Dual Binoculars, Ourosboros, ZoroNotZolo, LordTracer, Usklaverei, Shift_Ctrl_Alt_Delete, Matthew, Damage, Epiccheev.

Neutral:

Disagree: My_Area

MyArea, do you have anything else to say regarding the proposed manga/webcomic separation? To be clear, the profiles will be changed as described above as part of a revamp of the overall OPM tiering and those 12 characters LordTracer mentioned will receive separate webcomic profiles. Various webcomic feats will be calced and a few more profiles may be necessary for scaling. We will also be able to make profiles for webcomic-exclusive characters (so far) like Blue, Webigaza, Erimin, Destro, Pesky Clown, etc, etc.

Do we need to get Qawsdef in here or is there enough agreement to apply the manga-webcomic separation?

I feel like we should wait for him tbh. If we're done with the webcomic and manga seperation, then we can get to figuring out which murata statement to keep or throw.

MyArea, do you have anything else to say regarding the proposed manga/webcomic separation? To be clear, the profiles will be changed as described above as part of a revamp of the overall OPM tiering and those 12 characters LordTracer mentioned will receive separate webcomic profiles. Various webcomic feats will be calced and a few more profiles may be necessary for scaling. We will also be able to make profiles for webcomic-exclusive characters (so far) like Blue, Webigaza, Erimin, Destro, Pesky Clown, etc, etc.
Well the argument I had against the seperation for manga and webcomic is already given so other than that,I have nothing much else to say.Since most of the people here agree with seperating manga from webcomic then its fine for these changes.I understand the changes which will happen after seperating manga from webcomic but thanks for clarification.

I dont remember him saying that he wasn't great for a source information when he just says to go ask ONE for better answers not that he isn't too good at providing information considering that he has explained Geryuganshoop feat in detail and has stated multiple time that he is talking with ONE over future of storyboards and receive ONE's storyboard directly(I can search for these statements if you want) so his statement should be taken as credible unless contradicted.
Gery is actually the worst example of this, since this is exactly what Murata mentioned as not legit with his statement
“The pebble throwing of Geryganshoop is stronger than Tatsumaki’s.”
Well... I drew it with the thought that it is right but I don’t know whether the thought is same with ONE sensei’s official setting. Anyway I draw strong enemies powerful as far as possible when they appeared, so there is a possibility that I overstated him a bit than ONE sensei’s setting, so at the time I drew the Geryuganshoop’s pebble throwing, I made some principle to make him stronger than her.

Oh, about the comment things that I talked them here, except I am saying “I heard that from ONE sensei”, they are only my opinions and are not official settings. There might be some guys are asking to ONE sensei, but what I talked things were not all official ones. Like, except “They are in Hero Encyclopedia” or “ONE sensei said that” all things I said are only my guess.
Its one thing to dismiss Murata because he's not the author when he has heavily involvement in the series. But in this case Murata himself outright says his words in no way reflect the canon of the universe.

As for the manga/webcomic separation, yeah I'm good with that. I've been for splitting the two series for awhile and even helped out someone to make a webcomic Boros key.

Last edited:
Do you agree with seperating the webcomic and manga, as that is the most agreed thing on thread so far.

So with the consensus on the Murata statements, which would be removed and which would be staying?

I know the Gery one would be removed.

Haven't decided yet. Orochi being possibly comparable to golden sperm might stay. As golden sperm would presumably be High 6-A when he comes out in the manga, although this is just a guess. Which could possibly mean High 6-A armored Boros

The fact that Bomb has none of the cool techniques that give Bang his best feats?

Hell in the webcomic Bomb gets taken down like a chump

I disagree with keeping Orochi = Golden Sperm. He definitely wouldn’t be referring to a manga Golden Sperm that didn’t even exist yet, and even if he was, we definitely can’t base it on what GS might be.

And even assuming that manga GS has similar feats to the webcomic one, that would put him roughly on par with full power Tatsumaki, which would then make a scale of Orochi < Psykorochi < Tatsumaki ≈ Golden Sperm = Orochi. I’m sure you can see the problem here.

Also that’d be scaling a manga character to a webcomic one, which goes directly against the premise of this thread.

Gery is actually the worst example of this, since this is exactly what Murata mentioned as not legit with his statement
The reason I brought Geryuganshoop example is because he has explained the scenario of Geryuganshoop attack speed within his setting based on how he wrote it in great detail.
Even in the interview you have given,Murata is just unsure that it might overstate from what ONE official setting not that he is definitive about this statement.I have bolded that part in interview.But if anything this interview proves that ONE gives creative freedom to Murata when it comes to making some scenes as he was fine with how Murata has depicated Geryuganshoop as in the manga.

“The pebble throwing of Geryganshoop is stronger than Tatsumaki’s.”
Well... I drew it with the thought that it is right but I don’t know whether the thought is same with ONE sensei’s official setting. Anyway I draw strong enemies powerful as far as possible when they appeared, so there is a possibility that I overstated him a bit than ONE sensei’s setting, so at the time I drew the Geryuganshoop’s pebble throwing, I made some principle to make him stronger than her."

"Oh, about the comment things that I talked them here, except I am saying “I heard that from ONE sensei”, they are only my opinions and are not official settings. There might be some guys are asking to ONE sensei, but what I talked things were not all official ones. Like, except “They are in Hero Encyclopedia” or “ONE sensei said that” all things I said are only my guess."

Well if you dont mind,can you please provide source for Murata considering his words as simple opinion or atleast the context surrounding the statement?

Its one thing to dismiss Murata because he's not the author when he has heavily involvement in the series. But in this case Murata himself outright says his words in no way reflect the canon of the universe.
About this,Murata at best just says that words he is giving are just his opinions at most not that it doesn't have bearing on canon of OPM verse.

Also off topic now that you are here in this thread,can you plesse provide the link for webcomic Boros CSRC translation for Japenese raws? I know it was posted by you either here or Reddit but I cant find it.Thank you.

Hm. Seems fair, although I figured he would mean that he was talking about Golden Sperm in the future.

Well if you dont mind,can you please provide source for Murata considering his words as simple opinion or atleast the context surrounding the statement?
I already have. The blue hyperlink takes you to the source of the statement and the Korean interview it comes from.

Also off topic now that you are here in this thread,can you plesse provide the link for webcomic Boros CSRC translation for Japenese raws? I know it was posted by you either here or Reddit but I cant find it.Thank you.

全エネルギーを放ち貴様もろとも星の表面を消し飛ばしてやろう

"I will fire all of my energy to blast away you and the surface of this planet"

全エネルギーを放ち貴様もろとも星の表面を消し飛ばしてやろう

"I will fire all of my energy to blast away you and the surface of this planet"

Thank you very much.

So since we are going case by case with Murata statements off the top of my head

Orochi being Dragon or above will be one of the Murata statements that will stay right?

Evil Eye being stronger than Fubuki statement could also probably stay since Evil Eye is Murata‘s OC to show how strong Tatsumaki is and not ONE’a creation.

Not sure about Senior Centipede tanking upgraded Genos’ blasts.

The monster as strong as Deep Sea King statement likely also stays as it goes in line with Pri Pri Prisoner becoming stronger.

Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist being stronger than Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist should also be kept.

Any other usable Murata statements I’m missing?

Considering Puri at full strength could somewhat hurt weakened Orochi, him curbstomping a Sea King tier monster with less than half power sounds reasonable to me. Especially considering the vibration power further boosting his AP.

Yeah, PPP will be upgraded very soon, so the statement about him should be fine. Above Dragon Orochi should also be fine.

I dunno about the Evil Eye one, I’ll go with whatever the majority agrees with. (Although I should note that he isn’t currently scaled to Fubuki, so that’d need to be fixed if the statement is kept).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back