• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM AP Revision discussion

https://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/Interviews/Stream_Q/A_4#2.2F6.2F2018

Murata: Beefcake is 10 times bigger than Orochi. And Orochi is going to showcase his disgusting powerful skills, he will become even stronger. If the three generals under Boros work together against Orochi...Let me think...If they plan it properly they could have a very minimal chance of winning, almost next to nothing. After all it's still unsure if Tatsumaki can beat Orochi.

Should be safe to connect Orochi's speed to these three considering that even with them getting prep time and teaming up, the three of them are unlikely to win against Orochi.

Seems simple enough.

The way it's worded, it seems more like a speculative statement than anything else. Most of what Murata says is with ONE's consent, but this doesn't seem like something ONE told Murata.

Half-Monster Garou scaling also makes me even more unsure of this

Calaca Vs said:
And Half Monster Garou too.
Half-Monster Garou doesn't scale to Orochi's speed yet. He was being completely overwhelmed by him. Didn't even manage to land a single hit on him during their fight.

Garou wouldn't scale. This is only for Orochi.

This would not be legit if not for the fact that Murata himself said they would have prep time. If they were much faster and had prep time, they would overwhelm Orochi. So it's really likely.

There's also Awakened Cockroach claiming that he could dodge speed of light attacks because he would escape before being attacked due to his natural senses yet he wasn't able to succeed on dodging Orochi's attack. It's not totally a believable statement by itself but it at least makes Orochi seem more powerful.

Geryu's rocks are implied to not be all that powerful, and they don't scale to Geryu's abilities as a physical fighter at all. Orochi could just tank the attacks then beat the shit out of Geryu as opposed to dodging them.

I agree with Ryukama.

We're bound to get more Orochi screentime soon so we may as well wait to see how he fares against the S-class Heroes.

This is slightly off-topic but I'm going to be going through a bunch of the OPM profiles soon.

First thing I noticed on Melzalgald's profile; "Casually one-shot the Sky King."

The Sky King has no feats whatsoever. Is it alright if I remove this line?

EDIT: Also, Puri-puri Prisoner's justification for his durability should be removed. The Sea King gets his justification from beating PPP, so that's circular reasoning.

@Damage You can make those changes.

I do want to one day work out some profiles. I disagree with this practice of scaling pretty much everyone to 7-B and MHS+.

Thanks.

I do think some overhaul needs to be done to the current profiles. The roundabout scaling that makes PPP comparable to a character like Atomic Samurai is weird.

@Ryukama

Are the characters in each classes really that far a part from each other?.

GyroNutz said:
@Damage
Pri-pri prisoner can now beat the Sea King, so that can stay imo
I'm not removing his second justification, just the first one because the first one is circular reasoning.

Thanks Ryu, and figured. Just have to wait then.

I'm actually rereading the entire OPM and making a mini tier list (very vague one and using official events and some official scaling) but it'll take me a bit of time.

Puri should get his reasoning for being able to go toe to toe with the giant bird early on and that new feat of him oneshotting the monster that was compared to DSK's level.

Damage3245 said:
Thanks.
I do think some overhaul needs to be done to the current profiles. The roundabout scaling that makes PPP comparable to a character like Atomic Samurai is weird.
Hate to be that guy but I'd almost argue 7-B Genos is an outlier at this point. Like it's a feat one of the most fodder S-Classes does, which is orders of magnitude stronger than what nearly any other S-Class, Demon or Dragon comes remotely close to. Genos himself has never done anything close to this again even with far stronger forms.

Then when you got people who shit their pants at building busting feats or perform building busting stuff when going all out scale to the 7-B.

Even if the 7-B scaling stays we still gotta restrain from scaling everyone to it IMO.

Same goes for Atomic Samurai MHS+. I know there's some bullet timing feats or that feat of an A-Class fodder fighting 3 people before a rose can fall to the ground that we can scale the lower S-Class level people from.

Damage3245 said:
This is slightly off-topic but I'm going to be going through a bunch of the OPM profiles soon.
First thing I noticed on Melzalgald's profile; "Casually one-shot the Sky King."

The Sky King has no feats whatsoever. Is it alright if I remove this line?

EDIT: Also, Puri-puri Prisoner's justification for his durability should be removed. The Sea King gets his justification from beating PPP, so that's circular reasoning.
Pretty sure ONE stated that Sky King equal to Deep Sea King in the past

Even then, Sky King doesn't have a profile anyway. So scaling him from Deep Sea King who we do have a profile for is good enough for now.

It is a bit weird though.

Melzalgaswhatshisname is superior to oneshotting Sky King

Sky King = DSK

But DSK defeated PPP

Yet PPP can harm Melzal

Then again I suppose that just means an AP and Durability diff

I mean he should be much better than Iaian, and I suppose it's like trying to attack someone while in a grapple. And Melzal was being ganged up on anyway.

not necessarily. Iaian is S-class level, just that he (and Puri Puri Prisoner) is a lot weaker than Sweet Mask, so he can't progress.

It might just mean that Melzal is a glass cannon?

He had supreme Regenerationn abilities to save him but he wasn't necessarily tough; he didn' even scratch Bang with his attack.

> Iaian is S-class level

Iaian is borderline S-Class at best. He still hasn't shown the ability to defeat a Demon-level threat by himself, even if it is implied he could have defeated Rhino Wrestler.

Sweet Mask is one of the stronger members of the S class, being able to keep up with a Dragon Class like Metal Bat whom are superior to the lower S classes. Not fair to compare there.

eh, I think lifting and attack potency are close. But not gonna discuss that.

Iaian is still not as strong as the actual lower members usually

I'm not comparing either one to Sweet Mask, just saying that Iaian can't get to S-class because of him. If he wasn't there I'm sure Iaian'd easily be S-Class. There's also the statement like 'The top ten A-class heroes are S-Class standard', and the rhino wrestler thing, with one arm no-less, though it'd be nice to have some clarification on that ig

I don't think it's much of a stretch to say he's comparable to season 1 Puri Puri Prisoner

In that case you're absoultely right.

And that's fair too.

Agreeing on Mel being a glass cannon, but at the same time I don't think he was that weak in AP either. Harming Bang was probably a pretty good feat that would eradicate most lower rank S class, as seeing with Iaian

@Dragon What do you think about my comment about Genos?

Ah shit I meant to type "Damage". Don't know how I messed up that badly lmao

@Damage What do you think about my comment about Genos?

I'm pretty much in agreement with you.

I think we've let an early, impressive feat by Genos set the standard by which all other characters can be judged instead of examining the scaling properly.

Back