• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM AP Revision discussion

So do you think we should discard the 7-B and find other feats to scale people from or just revise who scales to the 7-B?

I think it would definitely be helpful to have additional calcs to see if the 7-B rating is consistent or not.

The only other destructive feat that I can think of is Beefcake's... but that would be opening a can of worms again

Edit: the only other destructive feat that's somewhat consistent

None of the S-Classes ever interact with Beefcake or have statements regarding how they compare to him though. Also even then dudes like Puri or A-Classes definitely shouldn't scale to him.

I know there are several Tier 8 feats performed by various characters, including low end Demons.

Oh no, I'm not saying people should scale to him. Just that he's the only one that comes to mind.

Plus if a high dragon is 7-A, or even High 7-A, it would make sense if a low-level S-class (Genos) is the lower end of 7-B

There is the statement of how rankings aren't everything, even for enemy types. So he could've been a dragon class for all we know.

Is there a possibility we might have to nerf the characters?

GyroNutz said:
Plus if a high dragon is 7-A, or even High 7-A, it would make sense if a low-level S-class (Genos) is the lower end of 7-B
Even the gap between a low and high end Dragon is considered to be absolutely insane. It'd actually make much more sense if a low end S-Class is much lower than 7-B if a high Dragon is 7-A.

It depends on either if there are more feats of this magnitude from such characters, or if people don't want to consider 7-B Genos an outlier. Either way I still think some scaling needs to be changed.

Ryukama said:
Even the gap between a low and high end Dragon is considered to be absolutely insane. It'd actually make much more sense if a low end S-Class is much lower than 7-B if a high Dragon is 7-A.
Some of the Beefcake calcs put him as high as island level. Which would also make sense since he'd be only a tier off of Tatsumaki's feat.

Tho this probably isn't the place to discuss AP changes ig

City level kind of makes sense, given that the requirement of Demon level is being a threat. Though it doesn't say destroy.

Anyway, Evil Eye, a monster not even an executive member of the monster association (yes, this is from the wiki) could easily warp and tear apart large buildings. IIRC, this is multi city block level, beast king could do a similar feat of slicing a building into pieces [1]. And even tiger level fodder have building level feats.

Also on the topic of fixing pages. Hammerhead didn't even fragment the skyscraper, in all forms of OPM media it was collapsed.

ByAsura said:
Anyway, Evil Eye, a monster not even an executive member of the monster association (yes, this is from the wiki) could easily warp and tear apart large buildings. IIRC, this is multi city block level.
Evil Eye was confirmed to be above Fubuki and Rhino Wrestler, so it's not like he's some random tiger level fodder

Huh, guess the wiki is wrong then. How far above? because Genos would also superior.

Showerhead is a damn Demon-level monster and he's hardly a major threat.

We shouldn't scale all Demon-levels to being comparable to each other by default.

Every S-Class should at the very least scale to this, since Puri before his major upgrades was stated able to defeat this monster. I'm pretty sure some have some higher feats though.

Currently the only 7-B feats that come to mind are: Beefcake's barrage (Chapter 3 and his inconsistent height makes it impossible to properly judge), Genos's mountain feat (Chapter 9 or 10 iirc), Saitama blowing up a meteor (scales to basically no one), and.... I think that's it really (there's higher feats but they also scale to basically no one).

There's no scalable 7A feats and all the current 7A stuff comes from mass chain scaling from Genos. Same with he speed ratings.

No idea how far above he is. But by being superior to Rhino Wrestler, who was somewhat comparable to one-armed Iaian, he could still be considered low S-class level.

Along with that, the only obstacles that Fubuki saw towards getting S-class were Sweet Mask and Samurai's disciples, so since the top ten A-class heroes are 'S-class material', this should put Fubuki into that same low S-class level too. And Evil Eye is superior

Also this can come later but Orochi and Golden Sperm most likely should be upgraded in the future. Apparently a fight between Orochi and Tatsumaki is planned in which Tatsu gets injured, and Murata said he's unsure if Tatsu is capable of beating Orochi. And Golden Sperm vs Orochi is also uncertain. Which seems to imply these 3 are at least in a relatively similar level as one another. We'd have to wait and see though.

The speed ratings currently put Garou in his introduction on the same level as Atomic Samurai despite AS being laughably faster.

One of the A-Class fodders fought 3 monsters before a rose could fall on the ground. The S-Class level fighters who aren't on par with Atomic Samurai can scale to that.

Genos has a small town level feat. It's in the blog post section of the OPM characters category.

The Samurai people are not S-Class level imo. The basic requirement for S-Class is being able to kill a Demon level threat with no back up, which none of them have shown the ability to do as of now. Even the low tiers of the S-Class like Child Emperor and PPP have shown the ability to kill a Demon level threat alone.

> Is Hammerhead's crater something that's worth calcing?

If we're getting rid of the 7B scaling, then yes. Although Genos's concrete melting feats will likely be the one used for tier scaling

Finally if Orochi and GS show the feats I don't mind them being 6-B

Vaccine Man's feat is Low 7-B isn't it? And what AS city statement?

@Qaw I was too busy at the time. I can link it now. [1] it was revised in the comments to be mcb.

It's sort of consistent since the shelter he broke was meant to withstand missiles.

I checked. His profile list the "nuclear-powered" thing from the guidebook, but I wouldn't say that's enough for a 7-B rating. Unless Aircraft carriers are also 7-B.

Personally City Block or MCB S-Class make sense to me. Pretty sure a lot of calced feats would fall in that range. Well MCB or town level.

He does do explosions around that size extremely consistently. I think he did an explosion of that size against the knife guy and the awakened something guy (I forgot his name).

Murata's interview statements heavily imply he's in a similar league as Tatsu, but it might be safe to wait until the actual fight.

I agree with Ryu. We should wait for the actual fight since there could always be context surrounding what happens.

Speed will be an issue though. Most of the S-Class, Demons, and Dragons can probably scale to be super sonic or sub-sonic+ through Speed-o-Sound Sonic/Genos/Garou at least.

There's quite a bit to suggest that. Garou deflecting bullets while extremely weakened to the point where A-Classes could somewhat challenge him. Atomic's fodder student moving a sword faster than sound even before becoming a monster. And there's Tank Top making a sonic boom while throwing rubble. Among others.

But i'm fairly sure the higher tiers could just be MHS.

Back