• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM AP Revision discussion

Saitama, Boros, Tornado, Awakened Garou, and Atomic Samuari have MHS+ feats or better. Problem is that no one really should scale to them at the moment besides GS, Orochi, and maybe Flashy Flash

Now that's just my opinion. If most want to keep 7-B Genos sure but I do think at least some scalings need to be revised either way.

Qawsedf234 said:
Saitama, Boros, Tornado, Awakened Garou, and Atomic Samuari have MHS+ feats or better. Problem is that no one really should scale to them at the moment besides GS, Orochi, and maybe Flashy Flash
Flashy Flash certainly should escaled as it proved to be the fastest member of the Heroic Association (with the exception of Saitama and Blast) and Atomic Samurai should be slower than Flasy Flash.

Personally I think the 7B, 7A, and MHS+ rating (bar AS and Tornado) should be dropped/changed. Like you mentioned we're basically scaling the entire verse to a one-off feat.

Probably be in the sub-sonic or sub-sonic+ area, since in order to be Mach 1 he would've needed to cover like 62 meters in the .18 seconds.

Just as a random example. 20 / .18 = 111 m/s

I dunno. I don't really remember any of them besides FF, AS, and Tornado being anything more than super sonic to hypersonic feat wise.

I don't think this has been brought up, but for top A class and bottom-mid S class what about Genos' attacks being faster than the meteor? Before everyone became mhs+ that was what we used to scale them to.

To my memory while things have reacted to the beams, they don't display its speed. You don't necessarily need to be Mach 2+ to dodge a M-16 bullet is what I'm saying.

Why? Turning your body to block something doesn't mean they can necessarily move as fast as the projectile. Humans can dodge arrows despite not being near their speed. I do get it scaling to reaction/processing speed though.

Actually thinking about it, Elder Centipede has outran the beam. Or at least caught up to it. Would scale to current Genos if nothing else.

Now that you mention that, isn't Atomic Samurai's feat just a combat speed feat? Only his arm can move that fast, but he has never shown to be able to run at that speed.

Yeah. Although he still has super human running speed considering he and the other S-Class can rapidly get to major cities if they're needed, even if they're in another city or away.

@Qaw Ok.

It'd scale to the upgrade before he got torn in half, and the one after he got trashed by second form Garou.

So maybe "At least Super Sonic (fought Speed-o-Sound Sonic who can easily break the sound barrier), possibly/likely Hypersoninc/Massivly Hypersonic (Fought Elder Centipede who outran his beam, which caught up with a meteor)

Then people who scale to Genos through DSK, Garou, or Centipede scaling.

Actually why is the beam MHS again? Impacting the meteor? That seems weird, but whatever.

It traveled to the meteor in a faster time than it could even get to the ground.

The meteor itself is moving at 11,000 m/s, so I guess they compared the speed of Genos's beam with the meteor.

Wait wouldn't the meteor rapidly lose speed by this point? It's only 200 meters long.

Edit: Was wrong. Meteor would be so heavy that it's unlikely to have lost a lot of its speed

GyroNutz said:
Evil Eye was confirmed to be above Fubuki and Rhino Wrestler, so it's not like he's some random tiger level fodder
I could find the Fubuki thing, but nothing on rhino wrestler.

The most he could be is a Demon level threat. His ranking is weird since he was with the first wave of monsters which were implied to be Wolfs and low Tigers since the group with Rhino was noted as more dangerous.

Therefir said:
The meteor itself is moving at 11,000 m/s, so I guess they compared the speed of Genos's beam with the meteor.
Are we using 11 km/s or 20 km/s? Kepekley's been revising stuff to use 20 km/s because it's apparently more accurate, and 11 km/s has always been a bare minimum speed for meteors. Our calculations page even states that 17 km/s is the speed more typical for meteors.

Every S class should be at least hypersonic/high hypersonic scaling from melzargard since they all keep up with him and melzargard faster than iaian who can fight a monster which easily react to sniper shots.

Also Garou has the the feat of reactiong to hundreds of bullets simultaneously from machine gun(someone can try calc this maybe) while weekned,and Garou stated that if any of the S class was there he would lose probably

They're probably far far faster than normal sniper rounds as well. They are designed to kill monsters.

Also even if we ingore the mountain feat of Genos he still has this feat which probably Town level i think(anyone want to try calc this?) and also this feat vaporizing a bulidng and the whole ground around it,also town level feat i think

The meteor is either High Hypersonic or High Hypersonic+ depending on if you go with 11/17 km/s or with 20 km/s.

While the sniper rifle used by One Shot Wonder is likely far stronger than normal (same with Death Gattling), them shooting Mach 5+ projectiles has never been stated.

I'd guess a weakened Garou's hand speed would be in the Mach 2-5 range due to the high volume of fire he was being subjected to.

Anyways the main issue with the flame cannon I see right now is the possible back scaling problem it could create. Plus Elder Centipede was tagged by every other energy blast, although I guess that can be chalked to it being more of a tanking guy than anything.

In the first case he catches the blast in order to save his comrades and tank the blast. It's not out of character.

I am pertty sure that reacting to hundreds machine gun's bullets simultaneously is FAR about just mach 2

Genos has reacted to enemies that are much faster than beams that's true. And yes, reacting to something doesn't grant you the movement speed to dodge them. It does however grants you the combat speed and is pretty much still relevant considering most of the time that's the stats everyone looks at.

For comparison and examples of other levels of feats...

B Class criminals like Hammerhead, was able to at least partly react Sonic and even push him to get serious, even if he was going mach speed. Even as he went supersonic to hypersonic, due to the amount of sonic booms he left as he took Hammerhead's challenge, Hammerhead still has enough speed to slam down a giant tree before Sonic can technically reach him. (Except Sonic was much faster than hypersonic).

Atomic Samurai still reacted to the bullets raining down on him. In fact every S class seemed surprised and was commenting on such a sight. Melzalgald who was able to keep up with them naturally scales and I'm sure there's a big calc that calced those bullets to MHS. But even with that in mind A class heroes are able to partly react.

Death Gattling's bullets being the same speed as bullets just because we assume it is, is kinda weird. Otherwise everyone would be much faster than him, Far likelier for him to be much better in firing those bursts of bullets. Same with archer guy. Silly to assume they're only at that level when right after Garou is able to react to Genos.

Awakened Cockraoch intercepting Genos' fast beam is also legit. He selectively tanks attacks in order to defend the bird. And why exert the effort to dodge something you can shake off? Probably very heavy for him to move around that much if that's the case.

On another note, even the A class sniper or whatever managed to not just calculate the bullet trajectory of the sniper monster, but hit him point on through the scope. He couldn't have been aiming from the start due to the fact that if he shot already, he possibly wouldn't have even hit the enemy. He shot the bullet to save a fellow hero. And the amount of calculation needed to do that and hit the target's scope implies he had to rush movement to reposition. Aka, he's much much faster and so is his bullet.

Overall there's many feats supporting not just subsonic to supersonic speeds really.

> B Class criminals like Hammerhead, was able to at least partly react Sonic

He did not react in any way to Sonic. He didn't even know what was happening when Sonic first charged , Sonic mused that he couldn't see him , and his own personal thought bubbles confirm that Sonic is to fast for him to see . He only survived because he got incredily lucky with raising his arms.

> Atomic Samurai still reacted to the bullets raining down on him.

Atomic Samurai has a MHS+ feat

> In fact every S class seemed surprised and was commenting on such a sight. Melzalgald who was able to keep up with them naturally scales

Only Tornado,Melzargard, and AS showed a visible reaction to the barrage. Plus in that example AS couldn't do anything about the bullets and Melzargard never once reacted to or blocked an attack from Atomic Samurai. Or any of the S-Class for that matter. The one time he tagged them was by a suprise hit on Bang.

> Death Gattling's bullets being the same speed as bullets just because we assume it is, is kinda weird.

Why? Miniguns fire bullets at mach 2.5 and Death Gatling isn't rated to take down anything above a Tiger threat alone.

> Awakened Cockraoch intercepting Genos' fast beam is also legit.

Awakened Cockroach never intercepted Genos's beams, all of his dodging was due to his pre-cog and automatic danger movement

> And the amount of calculation needed to do that and hit the target's scope implies he had to rush movement to reposition. Aka, he's much much faster and so is his bullet.

Considering how far away he was I still doubt that his reaction speed is in the mach 38-52. For example if his perception speed is Supersonic+ a .50 BMG will only move 1 meter a second from his PoV.

Back