• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Revision: Tatsumaki and Psykos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean sure, I find that fine and valid interpretation, but most of their battle takes place with Pyskorochi at full power. After the first twist, Tatsumaki just proceeds to twist her again and after that she goes into her very weakened state.

Tatsumaki before this manages to combat Pyskorochi, who did the whole crust lifting feat, managing to deflect her attacks with minimal issue. While I'm sure that's not enough to just fully scale on its own, Pyskorochi also later realizes that once Tatsumaki is able to go all out, she has even more power than expected and Fubuki even comments on the pyschic power in that area increasing without any mentions of it ever dropping before then.

What more, even if she is weakened after the first twist, why assume its to a substantial enough degree that it would drop her tiers?

Wouldn't we just keep them in the same tier but a bit lower?

I will mention here some things I have against OP

The first is this

''She lifts the giant rocks from the sea, each of them easily over a kilometer in diamater, very impressive compare to 99% of the the series, but note that the effort makes her bleed from the brow, which in One Punch Man is an indication that an Esper is overexerting themselves''

This is false, Tatsumaki did not bleed because he was lifting the stones, she was already hurt, which was caused by Psykos here and here (note that it is practically the same), however, in the following scans, he appears in some scans and then it simply disappears, it also happens after Tatsumaki's blood is shown, right after lifting the stones.
So we have two things that can be:

1. The blood is the same from the beginning, but Murata has already shown a lot of inconsistency about him and draws on some panels and not on others (Needless to say we have a lot of that, right eye of the Garou cof cof)
  2. Psykos caused a serious injury in Tatsumaki, who later managed to clean the blood of something, however, when she tried a little harder, the wounds opened.

Second point

''Psykos initial beam was hundreds of miles wide and it kept expanding in width as it went ahead to encompass a landmass the size of Australia. This charged beam is only a few meters in diameter, only slightly bigger than Tatsumaki herself.''

I really wanted to understand where you got that God Blast from Psykos with HUNDREDS OF KILOMETERS wide, as we can see here, the beam is expanding and until now it was a little bigger than itself. It doesn't even make sense, because if it were so wide, it would be almost the size of the entire City-Z and we know how false that is.

Another thing is that you are arguing that the first bundle of Psykos was superior to the others based on its size, but does it really make sense?

After that, Psykos fired several God Blast at Tatsumaki and none of them were the size of the first (although the appearance is exactly the same and is expanding), following this, none of them would have the same level as the first, but here's the problem , it would make no sense.
The first God Blast was unable to do almost anything on Tatsumaki (I'm not saying she took the whole blow, since that would be impossible due to size, the only way would be if Psykos compressed the beam), so why would Psykos use more blows low when the first (according to you the strongest of all) did not?
Remembering that at that point, Psykos had not weakened or anything, he was at his peak and even looked '' angry ''

Third point

''Psykos is smaller than she was before. She has less access to her meat roots. Her form is mishapen. Her beams are smaller. A character who couldn't comprehend the energy of her initial attack is now countering attacks with energy-levels he can read and understand and which are far smaller. Isn't it obvious that Psykos isn't as strong as she was before?''

Yes, it is obvious that Psykos is weaker than before, but not to the point of losing so much power and I will explain why.
As you mentioned yourself, Psykos grew bigger by absorbing blood, which is related to her power, however, what she lost doesn't even compare to what she had.
As we see here, Psykos had already merged with almost all of City-Z, that is, the amount she lost with her body is almost irrelevant compared to what she still had and even if we consider a 50% drop, she still hasn't it would be as weak as you are proposing.

I mean sure, I find that fine and valid interpretation, but most of their battle takes place with Pyskorochi at full power. After the first twist, Tatsumaki just proceeds to twist her again and after that she goes into her very weakened state.
No, literally one chapter has Tatsumaki fighting Full Power Psykos and she is in the defensive, avoiding her beams, throwing rocks at him, and disguising her presence to twist her from the inside out.

Tatsumaki before this manages to combat Pyskorochi, who did the whole crust lifting feat, managing to deflect her attacks with minimal issue. While I'm sure that's not enough to just fully scale on its own, Pyskorochi also later realizes that once Tatsumaki is able to go all out, she has even more power than expected and Fubuki even comments on the pyschic power in that area increasing without any mentions of it ever dropping before then.
Dodging attacks is not the same as deflecting, she never actively deflects powerful beams, and even Psykos' beam spams she makes a rule to avoid. She doesn't fully scale.

Tatsumaki going 100% does a feat that is not 1% of 1% of Psykos' feat.

What more, even if she is weakened after the first twist, why assume its to a substantial enough degree that it would drop her tiers?

Wouldn't we just keep them in the same tier but a bit lower?
No because all of Tatsumaki's feats are astronomically lower and there are diagetic in-story reasons to justify the difference in scale between Psykos and Tatsumaki, as I extensively explain the OP.

''She lifts the giant rocks from the sea, each of them easily over a kilometer in diamater, very impressive compare to 99% of the the series, but note that the effort makes her bleed from the brow, which in One Punch Man is an indication that an Esper is overexerting themselves''

This is false, Tatsumaki did not bleed because he was lifting the stones, she was already hurt, which was caused by Psykos here and here (note that it is practically the same), however, in the following scans, he appears in some scans and then it simply disappears, it also happens after Tatsumaki's blood is shown, right after lifting the stones.
This is irrelevant, Tatsumaki wasn't bleeding in the immediate panels before it, she bleeds after lifting them and throwing the blast. As we can see in the panels.
  1. The blood is the same from the beginning, but Murata has already shown a lot of inconsistency about him and draws on some panels and not on others (Needless to say we have a lot of that, right eye of the Garou cof cof)
  2. Psykos caused a serious injury in Tatsumaki, who later managed to clean the blood of something, however, when she tried a little harder, the wounds opened.
Again the only defense that Pro-Tatsumaki fans can muster is "Murata is inconsistent, literally ignore every single visual cue and indication that a character is exterting themselves / is stronger or weaker.

Psykos was in a weaker state herself when she seriously injured Tatsumaki, you do realize this supports my point, that Tatsumaki doesn't scale to full-power Psykos. Psykorochi's initial appearance was much smaller than she became after.

I really wanted to understand where you got that God Blast from Psykos with HUNDREDS OF KILOMETERS wide, as we can see here, the beam is expanding and until now it was a little bigger than itself. It doesn't even make sense, because if it were so wide, it would be almost the size of the entire City-Z and we know how false that is.
It expands until it is cutting the ocean and then it continues until it slices the continent with her sweeping blast. At the end of the blast's curve it would have to be that big to cut the continent like it does.

We literally get a shot where the blast dwarfs Z-City so I'm not sure what your point is.

After that, Psykos fired several God Blast at Tatsumaki and none of them were the size of the first (although the appearance is exactly the same and is expanding), following this, none of them would have the same level as the first, but here's the problem , it would make no sense.
It makes sense. A smaller blast is weaker than a bigger blast. Intuitively this is something anyone can figure out, the fight points out several times that size is related to power and that the more power the more Psykos needs to consume to sustain her form. Smaller blasts would expend less power from Psykos and it makes strategic sense for her not to want to burn away her energy reserves.

The first God Blast was unable to do almost anything on Tatsumaki (I'm not saying she took the whole blow, since that would be impossible due to size, the only way would be if Psykos compressed the beam), so why would Psykos use more blows low when the first (according to you the strongest of all) did not?
Tatsumaki's durability is much weaker than her defenses and Tatsumaki is flying away in the defensive. Psykos has no time to fire a big concentrated beam a second time when Tatsumaki is flying like she is. But conversely she just needs one good shot at Tatsumaki that pierces her defenses to kill her.

Yes, it is obvious that Psykos is weaker than before, but not to the point of losing so much power and I will explain why.
As you mentioned yourself, Psykos grew bigger by absorbing blood, which is related to her power, however, what she lost doesn't even compare to what she had.
As we see here, Psykos had already merged with almost all of City-Z, that is, the amount she lost with her body is almost irrelevant compared to what she still had and even if we consider a 50% drop, she still hasn't it would be as weak as you are proposing.
This is irrelevant, her size is severely decressed and so are the scale of the attacks that are able to match her strongest beams in this state and also the attacks that overpower her. Her immediate roots were destroyed and so was her body, which she had to expend energy to regenerate, energy that she can only get from the roots. The roots that are further away exist but it would take longer for her to absorb that energy compared to the closer-by. Its also possible that by destroying the immediate roots in the tower she was cutting off many roots that stretched across the city from reaching her, as they all have the ultimate end-point of reaching Psykos' form and Psykos is kinda stuck in the tower.

Look at the page showing the sweeping motion of the beam.

See the thick, black lines on either end of the sweep? That’s the beam. Thats it’s size. The beam was SWUNG, it didn’t expand. Stop pretending the beam is somehow the size of a city when that clearly isn’t the case. What nonsense.

Look at the page showing the sweeping motion of the beam.

See the thick, black lines on either end of the sweep? That’s the beam. Thats it’s size. The beam was SWUNG, it didn’t expand. Stop pretending the beam is somehow the size of a city when that clearly isn’t the case. What nonsense.
Even accounting for that it expanded greatly and it kept expanding at it stretched across continental distances.

While I definitely agree with this, it doesn't really help the case. If the beam is swung, then not much of it hits Tatsumaki at all. And the full calculation accounts for the sweep damage, not the direct blast force/explosive yield.

This is irrelevant, Tatsumaki wasn't bleeding in the immediate panels before it, she bleeds after lifting them and throwing the blast. As we can see in the panels.
It is not irrelevant, you should check the whole context and not take isolated scans to support your point, this is dishonest.
Again the only defense that Pro-Tatsumaki fans can muster is "Murata is inconsistent, literally ignore every single visual cue and indication that a character is exterting themselves / is stronger or weaker.

Psykos was in a weaker state herself when she seriously injured Tatsumaki, you do realize this supports my point, that Tatsumaki doesn't scale to full-power Psykos. Psykorochi's initial appearance was much smaller than she became after.
I just showed you several examples where you show Tatsumaki with blood on some panels and on others without, but if you want to ignore that, the problem is with you.

Wait, are you talking about a Psykos who caught Tatsumaki off guard while she was taking the heroes out of the base? Is this really serious?
In fact, Psykos' forks have even managed to intervene in Tatsumaki's powers earlier, by reversing her barrier.
It makes sense. A smaller blast is weaker than a bigger blast. Intuitively this is something anyone can figure out, the fight points out several times that size is related to power and that the more power the more Psykos needs to consume to sustain her form. Smaller blasts would expend less power from Psykos and it makes strategic sense for her not to want to burn away her energy reserves.
Yes, it makes a lot of sense even for Psykos to use everything they have in a single God Blast just to DEMONSTRATE their power and then to try to kill Tatsumaki, she uses MUCH less power, being that the strongest of her did nothing, I totally agree that it does sense.

Tatsumaki's durability is much weaker than her defenses and Tatsumaki is flying away in the defensive. Psykos has no time to fire a big concentrated beam a second time when Tatsumaki is flying like she is. But conversely she just needs one good shot at Tatsumaki that pierces her defenses to kill her.
Concentrated ? Psykos literally just points and fires, the only time she is shown concentrating the attack, is when Genos deflects him high.

This is irrelevant, her size is severely decressed and so are the scale of the attacks that are able to match her strongest beams in this state and also the attacks that overpower her. Her immediate roots were destroyed and so was her body, which she had to expend energy to regenerate, energy that she can only get from the roots. The roots that are further away exist but it would take longer for her to absorb that energy compared to the closer-by. Its also possible that by destroying the immediate roots in the tower she was cutting off many roots that stretched across the city from reaching her, as they all have the ultimate end-point of reaching Psykos' form and Psykos is kinda stuck in the tower.
Headcanon and you can't prove it, you're literally inventing a context to try to favor you here.
I proved that the part that Psykos lost doesn't even compare to what she had.

Even accounting for that it expanded greatly and it kept expanding at it stretched across continental distances.
Uhh, no. It expanded to, what? Twice her size and that was it. It didn’t expand over a continental distance, it travelled over a continental distance. You’re using the wrong words, either willingly or ignorantly.

It is not irrelevant, you should check the whole context and not take isolated scans to support your point, this is dishonest.
No, you were dishonest by pointing out blood in unrelated scenes to suggest that she is not bleeding from effort in this scene. Scenes when Tatsumaki bleeds are either immediately after her getting hurt or immediately after her using her psychic power. Tatsumaki being shown as bleeding here is a direct consequence of her lifting the rocks.

Wait, are you talking about a Psykos who caught Tatsumaki off guard while she was taking the heroes out of the base? Is this really serious?
In fact, Psykos' forks have even managed to intervene in Tatsumaki's powers earlier, by reversing her barrier.
I don't understand the point, yes, it takes far less to harm Tatsumaki than continental-levels of powers and this is consistent. It happens in the same fight. This is further evidence that Tatsumaki doesn't scale, she has to fight defensively against a stronger opponent and she only overpowers her after Psykos is already weakened.

Yes, it makes a lot of sense even for Psykos to use everything they have in a single God Blast just to DEMONSTRATE their power and then to try to kill Tatsumaki, she uses MUCH less power, being that the strongest of her did nothing, I totally agree that it does sense.
Yes actually. The first blast which doesn't have a canonical name is extraordinarily higher scale than any of her other feats so it's of higher power. This doesn't take mental gymnastics.

Concentrated ? Psykos literally just points and fires, the only time she is shown concentrating the attack, is when Genos deflects him high.
She holds the beam for several seconds on and and then sweeps it out. And she also stretches both of her arms forward with a focused expression. Right after during the fight she just spams beings left and right which are produced, fired and dissipated within fractions of the timeframe that the original beam existed. Logically they are weakened.

Headcanon and you can't prove it, you're literally inventing a context to try to favor you here.
I proved that the part that Psykos lost doesn't even compare to what she had.
No, it's not a headcanon. It is specifically pointed out in the text of the manga. The text that you seem to be ignoring. Her size is severely decressed and so are the scale of the attacks that are able to match her strongest beams in this state and also the attacks that overpower her. Her immediate roots were destroyed and so was her body, which she had to expend energy to regenerate, energy that she can only get from the roots. The roots that are further away exist but it would take longer for her to absorb that energy compared to the closer-by. Its also possible that by destroying the immediate roots in the tower she was cutting off many roots that stretched across the city from reaching her, as they all have the ultimate end-point of reaching Psykos' form and Psykos is kinda stuck in the tower.

So is Psykos going to get a key where she is weakened from Tatsumaki's first attack since she is basically dropping tiers with how weak you are saying she becomes?

No, you were dishonest by pointing out blood in unrelated scenes to suggest that she is not bleeding from effort in this scene. Scenes when Tatsumaki bleeds are either immediately after her getting hurt or immediately after her using her psychic power. Tatsumaki being shown as bleeding here is a direct consequence of her lifting the rocks.
The only dishonest one here is you, and I mentioned it.
As I showed earlier, Tatsumaki had already been injured and that wound simply SUMIU (reread my second option), Tatsumaki when she made a little effort, her bleeding opened again.
Whether you like it or not, Tatsumaki already had injuries from that region (which simply disappeared), the effort only made her open the wound, but it is not as if she would bleed if she was not injured.
I don't understand the point, yes, it takes far less to harm Tatsumaki than continental-levels of powers and this is consistent. It happens in the same fight. This is further evidence that Tatsumaki doesn't scale, she has to fight defensively against a stronger opponent and she only overpowers her after Psykos is already weakened.
You don’t understand why you don’t want to, the thing is that the Psykos forks are not connected to the AP, it seems more like “anti-paranormal”, as shown here when she literally reverses the Tatsumaki barrier without even touching it directly .
Besides, Tatsumaki is pierced and we are not even shown her barrier, that is, she did not have one, you use that as an argument to try to support her point of it is sincerely ridiculous.
Yes actually. The first blast which doesn't have a canonical name is extraordinarily higher scale than any of her other feats so it's of higher power. This doesn't take mental gymnastics.
Yes, there is no mental gymnastics, only dishonesty even from someone who ignores the whole context of the fight in order to shove a downgrade down the throat.
She holds the beam for several seconds on and and then sweeps it out. And she also stretches both of her arms forward with a focused expression. Right after during the fight she just spams beings left and right which are produced, fired and dissipated within fractions of the timeframe that the original beam existed. Logically they are weakened.
For several seconds?
Psykos literally points and shoots at Tatsumaki, in no time she concentrated anything, so much so that she stretches out her arm and we are already shown Tatsumaki surprised, possibly indicating that her beam had already been released.
Alias, here she literally does the shit, fires the God Blast and shakes it to destroy the Tatsumaki rocks.
No, it's not a headcanon. It is specifically pointed out in the text of the manga. The text that you seem to be ignoring. Her size is severely decressed and so are the scale of the attacks that are able to match her strongest beams in this state and also the attacks that overpower her. Her immediate roots were destroyed and so was her body, which she had to expend energy to regenerate, energy that she can only get from the roots. The roots that are further away exist but it would take longer for her to absorb that energy compared to the closer-by. Its also possible that by destroying the immediate roots in the tower she was cutting off many roots that stretched across the city from reaching her, as they all have the ultimate end-point of reaching Psykos' form and Psykos is kinda stuck in the tower.
In fact her size was decreased, but that was her shell above her, you are literally ignoring that she had already merged with EVERY city and had more than enough stock for that.

And I really don't understand this argument that "roots are farther away, it would take longer for it to absorb".

What sense is that? She had already absorbed almost the entire city, she would not need to absorb precisely because she had already absorbed it, this energy was already hers and during the fight, she only absorbed more and more.

Regarding the tower's roots, I have to disagree, because as I showed above, everything was already connected to it and when Tatsumaki crushed it, the whole city that it had merged with was damaged and from there it shows how its power fell dramatically , which supports my point again, since previously it was not so weak, that is, the blood of the whole city >>> bark

also the link to this on the main OPM thread said this would be mentioning stuff about Boros, idk what there is to argue though (unless I misunderstood something).

As I showed earlier, Tatsumaki had already been injured and that wound simply SUMIU (reread my second option), Tatsumaki when she made a little effort, her bleeding opened again.
Whether you like it or not, Tatsumaki already had injuries from that region (which simply disappeared), the effort only made her open the wound, but it is not as if she would bleed if she was not injured.
This is headcanon, the causal relationship from one panel to another implies the wounds opening from her psychic effort at lifting the rocks.

You don’t understand why you don’t want to, the thing is that the Psykos forks are not connected to the AP, it seems more like “anti-paranormal”, as shown here when she literally reverses the Tatsumaki barrier without even touching it directly .
Besides, Tatsumaki is pierced and we are not even shown her barrier, that is, she did not have one, you use that as an argument to try to support her point of it is sincerely ridiculous.
That is irrelevant, they still pierce her skin. The point I was replying is that the other guy was acting like Tatsumaki physically tanked Psykos' beam but it doesn't take much to prove she can be hurt by far weaker attacks as we can see when a weakened Psykos manages to pierce her, damage her, and then nearly kills her with a blast.

Yes, there is no mental gymnastics, only dishonesty even from someone who ignores the whole context of the fight in order to shove a downgrade down the throat.
You're getting aggressive for no reason here.

It is self-evident that the weaker blasts are smaller than bigger blasts. Bigger things are stronger, this is intuitive to the human brain. Beyond that there is the scope and duration of the blasts which also prove that the first blast must be the strongest.

For several seconds?
Psykos literally points and shoots at Tatsumaki, in no time she concentrated anything, so much so that she stretches out her arm and we are already shown Tatsumaki surprised, possibly indicating that her beam had already been released.
Alias, here she literally does the shit, fires the God Blast and shakes it to destroy the Tatsumaki rocks.
Again you don't understand what I mean. Psykos held the blast for several sseconds to slice the crust. Do you know how power is measured, right? It's in Watts. Energy divided by time. The spam beams are held for longer time, take less time to generate and dissipate almost instantly so they physically cannot have as much power as the big blast.

In fact her size was decreased, but that was her shell above her, you are literally ignoring that she had already merged with EVERY city and had more than enough stock for that.

And I really don't understand this argument that "roots are farther away, it would take longer for it to absorb".
Every City? She was expanding across Z-City only, where did this come from.

The argument is that the roots function as roots or any other kind of pipe-based structure that channels something through its interior. The further away something is the longer it will take to reach the destination. Again this applies to literally everything from electric wires to water pipes.

What sense is that? She had already absorbed almost the entire city, she would not need to absorb precisely because she had already absorbed it, this energy was already hers and during the fight, she only absorbed more and more.

Regarding the tower's roots, I have to disagree, because as I showed above, everything was already connected to it and when Tatsumaki crushed it, the whole city that it had merged with was damaged and from there it shows how its power fell dramatically , which supports my point again, since previously it was not so weak, that is, the blood of the whole city >>> bark
She needs energy to regenerate, energy she spends, and even after regenerating she never returns to her original expansive kilometer-stretching size. She is much smaller throughout the rest of the fight.

This is headcanon, the causal relationship from one panel to another implies the wounds opening from her psychic effort at lifting the rocks.
It is not a headcanon, we see that the wound is exactly in the same place where she was injured and bled previously.
That is irrelevant, they still pierce her skin. The point I was replying is that the other guy was acting like Tatsumaki physically tanked Psykos' beam but it doesn't take much to prove she can be hurt by far weaker attacks as we can see when a weakened Psykos manages to pierce her, damage her, and then nearly kills her with a blast.
So why is she raising that point? Tatsumaki is physically unknown, her being pierced by something like that is not undone of her, since she was not defending herself at that time.
You're getting aggressive for no reason here.

It is self-evident that the weaker blasts are smaller than bigger blasts. Bigger things are stronger, this is intuitive to the human brain. Beyond that there is the scope and duration of the blasts which also prove that the first blast must be the strongest.
No, the thing about the duration is literally irrelevant, since we literally see her doing it later on casually (she shook the beam and shook it, keeping it for seconds too).
But the thing here is very simple, you are literally ignoring the whole context of the fight to say that Psykos used everything she had in the first attack and then no longer used it, if that is accepted, I propose that in the Psykos Profile say that she suffers from severe schizophrenia.

Again you don't understand what I mean. Psykos held the blast for several sseconds to slice the crust. Do you know how power is measured, right? It's in Watts. Energy divided by time. The spam beams are held for longer time, take less time to generate and dissipate almost instantly so they physically cannot have as much power as the big blast.
Exactly, Psykos is supplying X energy per second to maintain this and as I showed here, she doesn't do it just once, like here, she fires and rocks it exactly as she did to cut the continent, the difference is that it went up.
Since you touched on the subject of maintaining the attack for seconds, we see that it does this several times as:

1. Psykos and Genos fire their attacks and stay here for a certain time confronting each other, and given the context here, it would be longer than it was for her to cut the continent.
  2. Here again, she fires a God Blast (notice that this one is totally different from the others, seems to be concentrated and has a spiral around it), Genos intercepts it and they stay on it for a few pages.

Extra: She fires a God Blast again casually as if it were nothing.

That is, she did it most of the time and in the examples I mentioned above, everyone implies that the time was longer than the first.

Every City? She was expanding across Z-City only, where did this come from.

The argument is that the roots function as roots or any other kind of pipe-based structure that channels something through its interior. The further away something is the longer it will take to reach the destination. Again this applies to literally everything from electric wires to water pipes
It was my mistake, yes, only City-Z.

It might even make sense of her argument, but, this is not how it works because of that, when Saitama punched him, she instantly felt that her cells were destroyed, she is connected to that.
She needs energy to regenerate, energy she spends, and even after regenerating she never returns to her original expansive kilometer-stretching size. She is much smaller throughout the rest of the fight.
Yes, exactly, she lost a small part, compared to the rest.

It is not a headcanon, we see that the wound is exactly in the same place where she was injured and bled previously.
Because Espers bleed from the brow when they are exerted, this happens with Fubuki and Psykos and now we see it happen with Tatsumaki.

So why is she raising that point? Tatsumaki is physically unknown, her being pierced by something like that is not undone of her, since she was not defending herself at that time.
Tatsumaki's physicals aren't very good and it shows that it doesn't take continental levels of attack to hurt her. The claim that since Psykos is expecting to kill Tatsumaki her attacks must be continental is therefore easily refutable.

No, the thing about the duration is literally irrelevant, since we literally see her doing it later on casually (she shook the beam and shook it, keeping it for seconds too).
But the thing here is very simple, you are literally ignoring the whole context of the fight to say that Psykos used everything she had in the first attack and then no longer used it, if that is accepted, I propose that in the Psykos Profile say that she suffers from severe schizophrenia.
Duration is 100% relevant, USk. It is how we determine power to begin in real life. And it is a principle we apply in the wiki, One Punch Man doesn't get to be exempt from it out of personal favoritism. Psykos' blast is held for several seconds on and and she also cuts the continent in a sweeping motion meaning what she is actually accomplishing is slicing through the crust at a much smaller rate at a time.

Yes, Psykos can't spam beams comparable to that one as evidenced that every subsequent beam is smaller, is fired quicker, and dissipates almost immediately as well. Psykos never holds a beam for as long as her first one so that must be taken into account.
  1. Psykos and Genos fire their attacks and stay here for a certain time confronting each other, and given the context here, it would be longer than it was for her to cut the continent.
Psykos is weakened and can't replicate her feat in this state anymore. This is a complete false-equivalency.
  1. Here again, she fires a God Blast (notice that this one is totally different from the others, seems to be concentrated and has a spiral around it), Genos intercepts it and they stay on it for a few pages.
Same thing here.

And stop calling it God Blast. This name is something you invented out of nowhere and it's cringe as hell. It sounds like you're trying to make her blasts sound more special and self-important than they really are.

It might even make sense of her argument, but, this is not how it works because of that, when Saitama punched him, she instantly felt that her cells were destroyed, she is connected to that.
She also felt when Tatsumaki was destroying her cells, I fail to see how that is relevant, Tatsumaki destroys Psykos cells in three different occasions in increasing levels of totality. The second time clearly has a devastating effect from Psykos as evidenced by her form being torn to pieces and her losing a lot of blood.

Yes, exactly, she lost a small part, compared to the rest.
Incorrect. Her form became hundreds of times smaller. Indicating a non-insignifcant, considerable decrease in power.

Because Espers bleed from the brow when they are exerted, this happens with Fubuki and Psykos and now we see it happen with Tatsumaki.
But Tatsumaki's bleeding was not due to the effort but rather due to her previous injuries, you are literally completely ignoring the fact that she was previously injured in the same place to say that she bled exclusively for lifting the rocks.
Tatsumaki's physicals aren't very good and it shows that it doesn't take continental levels of attack to hurt her. The claim that since Psykos is expecting to kill Tatsumaki her attacks must be continental is therefore easily refutable.
But nobody is trying to escalate Tatsumaki's physical exams for this, so much so that if you enter her profile, you will see that she only has this level with a barrier, something she didn't have when she was stabbed by Psykos.

Duration is 100% relevant, USk. It is how we determine power to begin in real life. And it is a principle we apply in the wiki, One Punch Man doesn't get to be exempt from it out of personal favoritism. Psykos' blast is held for several seconds on and and she also cuts the continent in a sweeping motion meaning what she is actually accomplishing is slicing through the crust at a much smaller rate at a time.

Yes, Psykos can't spam beams comparable to that one as evidenced that every subsequent beam is smaller, is fired quicker, and dissipates almost immediately as well. Psykos never holds a beam for as long as her first one so that must be taken into account.
You did not understand my point, I did not say that the duration is irrelevant to determine the level, but that it is irrelevant for Psykos, since she does it later without any problem. You are literally dealing with Psykos' first attack as if he were a CSRC that she can only use it once and then nothing else.

I showed you that she holds bundles longer than that, as I mentioned, she does it casually.

Psykos is weakened and can't replicate her feat in this state anymore. This is a complete false-equivalency.
Yes, it is weakened, but the point is not that, but that she can maintain it for a while without any difficulty.
Same thing here.

And stop calling it God Blast. This name is something you invented out of nowhere and it's cringe as hell. It sounds like you're trying to make her blasts sound more special and self-important than they really are.
I'm not going to stop calling her that, I'm using that name just to make it easier to understand what I'm talking about and this is not to give her something special, don't draw conclusions that don't exist.
She also felt when Tatsumaki was destroying her cells, I fail to see how that is relevant, Tatsumaki destroys Psykos cells in three different occasions in increasing levels of totality. The second time clearly has a devastating effect from Psykos as evidenced by her form being torn to pieces and her losing a lot of blood.
The relevant point is that she does not need this energy to "travel" to her as you are mentioning, from the moment she absorbed the thing, this is already part of her and she can use it as she wants.
Incorrect. Her form became hundreds of times smaller. Indicating a non-insignifcant, considerable decrease in power.
No, I already showed you that the amount she lost doesn’t even reach 10% of what she had, literally doesn’t compare and as it becomes evident after that, that when Tatsumaki affected her, her power plummeted completely.

I disagree with the suggested changes, I do think Tatsumaki scales to Psykorochi, I don't think she was notably weakened after getting twisted up and I think Psykorochi could spam High 6-A beams of equal or similar magnitude to the initial blast.

I agree on your points about size being important to Psykorochi, undoubtedly the power of the fusion is a combination of God's Power+Orochi's size. But Psykorochi regen'd pretty quick and the city-sized root system had reconnected to the main body pretty quick as well. If Tatsumaki had managed to keep Psykorochi severed from the roots, I think the power would have been considerably effected- but after she drilled through the area the roots were back before she tore Psykorochi up, and then they were back when she finally destroyed Psykorochi. So even if the main body was much smaller, the root system is still growing throughout the fight and sending more and more energy up to the fusion.

As for the blasts being spammable, I've made my case for a 1 second beam duration and Psykorochi fires multiple beams of similar type at Tatsumaki. Tatsumaki notes that she should not let these beams touch the ground, presumably because they would cause massive devastation again. Also Psykorochi swings another beam in the same fashion against Tatsumaki's rocks.

Since I think the growing root system compensates for the damage the main body took, the energy of the beams Tatsumaki manhandles should be comparable to the High 6-A.

I disagree with the suggested changes, I do think Tatsumaki scales to Psykorochi, I don't think she was notably weakened after getting twisted up and I think Psykorochi could spam High 6-A beams of equal or similar magnitude to the initial blast.
That's fine but that's all your personal thoughts. You thinking this is irrelevant to the actual presented evidence.

I agree on your points about size being important to Psykorochi, undoubtedly the power of the fusion is a combination of God's Power+Orochi's size. But Psykorochi regen'd pretty quick and the city-sized root system had reconnected to the main body pretty quick as well. If Tatsumaki had managed to keep Psykorochi severed from the roots, I think the power would have been considerably effected- but after she drilled through the area the roots were back before she tore Psykorochi up, and then they were back when she finally destroyed Psykorochi. So even if the main body was much smaller, the root system is still growing throughout the fight and sending more and more energy up to the fusion.
The regeneration is not the point the point is that she was smaller after regeneration, which I outlined at my point, she was smaller and therefore weakened. You cannot scale her full-size form to her smaller-form. The text is explicit about the implications of the decrease in size and the damage to the roots.

As for the blasts being spammable, I've made my case for a 1 second beam duration and Psykorochi fires multiple beams of similar type at Tatsumaki. Tatsumaki notes that she should not let these beams touch the ground, presumably because they would cause massive devastation again. Also Psykorochi swings another beam in the same fashion against Tatsumaki's rocks.
The beam lasted way longer than 1 second. This is objective. This is provable by the fact that people were able to react, scream, cadle their children and run away as the beam was fired and cut its way through the ocean.

One of the beams does hit the ground and it destroys a building.

The beams she fires against the rocks are nowhere as potent and she had to fire them in rapid succession quickly.

Since I think the growing root system compensates for the damage the main body took, the energy of the beams Tatsumaki manhandles should be comparable to the High 6-A.
Psykos was weakened and the feat Tatsumaki performs using 100% of her power is exponentially lower-scale than Psykos' blast.

The beam lasted way longer than 1 second. This is objective. This is provable by the fact that people were able to react, scream, cadle their children and run away as the beam was fired and cut its way through the ocean.
What do you mean objective? How do you know the people aren't carrying their children and running due to the evacuation order, as happened with EC when Metal bat fought Garou? They should have already been running away to get to the nearest shelter or evac center. I also don't see any screaming

What do you mean objective? How do you know the people aren't carrying their children and running due to the evacuation order, as happened with EC when Metal bat fought Garou? They should have already been running away to get to the nearest shelter or evac center. I also don't see any screaming
Because this is in the same shot where people are shielding their eyes from the beam and screaming in horror while staring at it

This. All this.

I will mention here some things I have against OP

The first is this

So we have two things that can be:

Second point

''Psykos initial beam was hundreds of miles wide and it kept expanding in width as it went ahead to encompass a landmass the size of Australia. This charged beam is only a few meters in diameter, only slightly bigger than Tatsumaki herself.''

Another thing is that you are arguing that the first bundle of Psykos was superior to the others based on its size, but does it really make sense?

Remembering that at that point, Psykos had not weakened or anything, he was at his peak and even looked '' angry ''

Third point

''Psykos is smaller than she was before. She has less access to her meat roots. Her form is mishapen. Her beams are smaller. A character who couldn't comprehend the energy of her initial attack is now countering attacks with energy-levels he can read and understand and which are far smaller. Isn't it obvious that Psykos isn't as strong as she was before?''

Yeah I agree with this.

The votes so far are
agree: Matt,Slacjow , SuperGodzilla,Ionliosite, Planck69 (5)
disagree: Atomic, phoenks ( neutral, but leaning on disagree ), Duedate, Usklaverei, Shizuka, Js250476, Kachon123, SemiRaedi, Tesucabrah, Zoro, OurosBoros, GreatIskandar, Epiccheev ( neutral, but leaning on disagree) (12-14)
Neutral: Damage,Emirp sumitpo (2)

Last edited:
I'm gonna say i'm neutral and leaning on disagree.
Simply because the only point i can kinda see being true is Tatsumaki tanking less of the first blast due to her smaller size, and am neutral on assuming a 3-5 seconds lowball for the calc if people really have such a massive problem with it.
But things like Psykos getting drastically weakened to Low 6-B after taking some damage she instantly regened from, or Tatsumaki not even downscaling from fullpower Psykos and being massively weaker just because we aren't shown each individual beam uprooting a continent are really iffy.

Yes, but mod votes are typically worth like a million times more on this site. Regardless, it helps to vote yea.

From my experience, when it comes to controversial stuff that can't be 100% proved objectively and neither sides are willing to give in, yes.

While I don't agree with 99% of the OP I do feel like the feat should be calced with the 1, 3 and 5 second standard time frame assumption since the effects weren't instant. Especially since Psykorochi swung the beam to slice the continent instead of the beam being that wide.

Wait, but Tatsumaki didn't get to completely separate Psycoz from her roots, and most of her power comes from talking with the alien thing. Her size doesn't change that much either, her form changes sure but not her size.

one-punch-man-chapter-131-genos-piercing-lightning-cannon-1233752.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back