• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Revision: Tatsumaki and Psykos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
This is going to be controversial but I feel it must be said...

In fact I am going to go on a limb here and imply that Psykos herself can't replicate her initial beam size under most circumstances and that Tatsumaki also doesn't fully scale to it.

It is made obviously clear that Psykos / Orochi's power is related to the biomass they consume from the environment around them, and as they expand and grow in power so too does their size.

When Orochi first shows up after being hit by Saitama, he is in a sorry state where he needs to expand and eat random monsters through the floors to grow in power.

hfGuraq.png

Psykos even references the fact that Orochi's immense form is what is going to amplify her psychic power, while Orochi himself thanks Psykos for gathering so many monsters as sacrifices. The consumption of flesh and blood through Orochi's meat-roots is what grants him both physical power / size but also increases his energy reserve, which translates to Psykos' psychic power also drastically increasing.

As if this is not clear enough, when Psykos first fuses with Orochi this is her relative size:

1149803_1812586_800_1138.png

... But later, after Psykos is amplified by God, her form drastically increases in size, which is noted by Tatsumaki. She goes from being a few dozen feet in height to being around a kilometer in height.

1149860_2952944_1600_1138.png

Again, Tatsumaki realizes that Psykos has gotten even bigger and concludes that she is drawing energy from the meat roots, which she immediately severs the ones closest to her body.

Let me repeat to make this clearer:

1) Tatsumaki marvels that Psykorochi has grown lmuch larger in size than before. She scans the environment for an explanation and sees that Psykos is drawing energy from her meat roots. As these panels follow each other, this indicates that Psykorochi is growing in size because she is absorbing energy through these roots;

2) Tatsumaki then says that by getting rid of these roots, Psykorochi will lose power. I don't really think I need to run you through this again, but just to make it exceedingly obvious: Psykorochi growing or decreasing in size is intrinsically connected to the amount of power she currently has. The stronger she is the bigger she becomes.

When Psykos is finally defeated and reduced to her current state, she states that she needs to absorb blood from normal people to recover. This is worse than how Orochi was after Saitama defeated him, cause at least then he could eat the blood and flesh from monsters, and even in that mishapen form his energy beams were more powerful than Base Psykos.

pe8s5FS.png

Then let's look at how Tatsumaki fairs against Psykos in her peak, and how she handles her after that to see the relative scaling?

After Psykos fires her continent-cutting energy beam, Tatsumaki is shocked and wonders how she could have gotten so strong from just eating monsters, and Genos comments that her energy levels were unreadable.

1149896_311284_800_1138.png

1) Tatsumaki fires entirely on the defensive, dodging Psykos beams:

1206243_1155529_1600_1138.png

She lifts the giant rocks from the sea, each of them easily over a kilometer in diamater, very impressive compare to 99% of the the series, but note that the effort makes her bleed from the brow, which in One Punch Man is an indication that an Esper is overexerting themselves:

1206246_1304743_1600_1138.png

1206247_487473_800_1138.png

When this isn't enough, we can see that Tatsumaki is stunned. And she has to resort to hiding her presence to sneak past Psykos:

1206257_555336_800_1138.png

1206259_526531_800_1138.png

After that, she famously destroys Psykos from the inside own, twisting her like a wet rag and destroying much of her meat roots in the process:

1206260_1056746_1600_1138.png

But Psykos regenerates, attacking the distracted Tatsumaki and charging an energy beam at her:

1206264_521144_800_1138.png

1206266_593314_800_1138.png

By now it should be exceedingly obvious that this form of Psykos doesn't scale to the full-power Psykorochi from before. Just look at her size, for goodness sake. Tatsumaki here is relative to her forks and Psykos herself doesn't appear to be over a few dozen meters tall. She is also mishapen and distorted. Compare to how big she was immediately before being torn from the inside out:

yXSKJvc.png

She was so big that Tatsumaki could comfortably fit between her lips. The decrease in size (and therefore the decrease in power) was astronomic, Psykos is literally hundreds of times smaller now than she was before, and she also got deprived access to a large portion of her immediate power source by having her meat roots twisted and squeezed out.

Look at how small her beam is, a beam which she charged with the intent to kill Tatsumaki, compared to her initial blast which was seemingly casual and just to see what she could do:

1206268_546111_800_1138.png

Psykos initial beam was hundreds of miles wide and it kept expanding in width as it went ahead to encompass a landmass the size of Australia. This charged beam is only a few meters in diameter, only slightly bigger than Tatsumaki herself.

Is it any wonder than when Genos diverts it to space, and the combined explosions of both their beams is nowhere near comparable to the damage which Psykos' initial attack caused?

1206269_478731_800_1138.png

Genos even described his Thunder Drill Cannon which he fires against a second beam from Psykos, and still only managing to divert it before being overpowered, as a last resort weapon, capable of destroying a Giant Meteor in a single hit.

This is the same Genos who two chapters ago described Psykos' power as unreadable and incomprehensible, and now he is shooting her with a power that he very much comprehends and whose scale he is directly aware of, and it is nowhere near comparable. You never stopped to wonder why that is?

It's obvious, really. Psykos is WEAKER. This isn't a case of Attack Potency vs Destructive Capacity. This isn't a "Area of Effect Fallacy", this is a case where the size of something directly correlates to its power, as pointed out by the text.

Psykos is smaller than she was before. She has less access to her meat roots. Her form is mishapen. Her beams are smaller. A character who couldn't comprehend the energy of her initial attack is now countering attacks with energy-levels he can read and understand and which are far smaller. Isn't it obvious that Psykos isn't as strong as she was before?

Beyond all that... like, I'm sorry, but isn't it just obvious that Psykos was stronger at first? Of course a larger creature is more powerful. It's bigger. It has more cells, more mass. And even with all else being equal, it has a greater energy requirements, and a greater capacity to produce said energy. This is specifically why when Psykos regenerates, she regenerates in a smaller form, because she no longer has the energy supply to sustain her larger self.

This is before looking at the overall context of the fight, which, I mean-

Tatsumaki using all of her power and pushing herself past her limits involves a feat whose scale isn't even 1% of 1% of Psykos' feat.

1343510_287139_800_1138.jpeg

1357173_502813_1600_1138.jpeg

This is Tatsumaki's full power, when she goes all-out 100% no holds barrel on Psykos, and it almost completely exhausts her that she nearly falls unconscious and takes a nap for a few chapters.

Sure, Tatsumaki stopped holding back until the end point of the fight, because the conditions prevented her from going all out at any point,and she trivialised Psykorochi when she could finally focus 100% of her powers at her. But it's not like the percentage of her power up until that point was trivial, as evidenced by her bleeding from the brow upon lifting the giant rocks and throwing them at Psykorochi, and then bleeding even more when they fought in the storm.

And I really don't think that there is enough evidence to say that PsykOrochi was as strong as she was at the start of the fight. Rather, I think there is a good bit of evidence that would suggest otherwise.

Ideally we should calculate Tatsumaki's other feats and try to scale her from her own potency, and Psykorochi should have two power ratings. One for when she is at full power and could slice the continent and another after Tatsumaki twisted her from inside out and she was made weaker.

I already predict that some people will make the same kinds of excuses: That authors aren't versus debaters, that they don't understand science, that they don't care for collateral, that the scale of the twisting is secondary to twisting Psykorochi herself (Whislt ignoring the main problem being that Psykorochi at that point wasn't comparable to her earlier state.

But the thing is... Authors do think about this kind of stuff. They aren't Versus Debaters, sure, they don't care about calculating kinetic energy or pixel scaling. They don't care about quantifying things in specific levels of joules and biggatons. They won't overanalyze every detail... But scale, basic scale on this level? This is something any person in the world understands. Any author understands that:

1. Throwing kilometer-sized rocks.
2. Blowing up a giant meteor.
3. Twisting a single city.
4. Putting up a giant barrier over a single city.

None of these things even remotely come close to the scale of cutting an entire continent off the planet. And if there is one Mangaka that understands this, it's Murata.

Murata is more invested in Powerscaling and fight scale than probably any other Mangaka I ever seen besides maybe the people who made Toriko. Murata loves to draw huge detailed cityscapes to show the scale of destruction whenever a giant or powerful monster. He dedicates multiple double-page spreads to single attacks and he loves to show the side effects of said attacks, with shockwaves and collapsing buildings and effects to the environment. When Rover fights Garou, half the chapter is dedicated to Rover blasting Garou through several floors and his attacks creating earthquakes.

Saitama punches Rover, half a chapter is dedicated to the giant earthquake and shockwaves produced by his attacks. When a fight's scale is too big, such as Phoenix Man vs Child Emperor, he will redraw the fight to remove said scale (Retconning the Millennium Emperor Nova). When a fight's scale is too small (Saitama vs Boros), he will redraw the fight to increase the scale (The Moon Kick and subsequent Moon Jump were later additions not in the original chapter). When a fight is too balanced when it is supposed to be one-sided, he will redraw the fight to make it a stomp (Atomic Samurai vs Black Sperm, and the removal of the Focused Atomic Slash).

Do you think Murata isn't aware that Tatsumaki's attacks are on a lesser scale than Psykos' initial beam, and you don't think the constant hammering of the fact that Psykos and Orochi's size is relative to their power, and that the more biomass they consume the bigger and more powerful they become, followed by Tatsumaki destroying their source of biomass after tearing Psykos from inside out and the ensuing Psykos being much smaller... Isn't at all related?

I think it is. Psykos was weakened after being twisted for the first time and Tatsumaki doesn't fully scale to Psykos' blast.

Addendum: Oh, but Tatsumaki tanked the initial beam so she scales.

Tatsumaki wasn't hit with the full scale of the beam. If she was the beam wouldn't have gone past her nor would it have stretched it for thousands of miles. When something is hit with the full scale of an energy beam, this is indicated by the beam stopping on them, not going past them in a wide angle.

1149891_829670_1600_1138.png

1149893_811661_1600_1138.png

Tatsumaki is a tiny woman, she is less than 5 feet tall. The beam encompassed not only her and her surroundings but it continually expanded until it reached the ocean and it kept going until it sliced the continent. She does scale but only partially, accounting for her surface area.

However even at a slight estimate we are looking at Tatsumaki's durability being on the range of several dozen teratons for the portion of the beam which she was exposed to. Which is still a great feat and also much more compatible with hers and Genos' other feats in the same fight.

THANK YOU, SOMEONE ELSE WITH REASON.

Also, sidenote, there's no reason to assume the giant beam scales to any of Psykos other stats. Her barriers didn't really do anything except block a boulder. Her own durability got shredded through by Saitama, Tatsumaki and Genos in her giant form (I guess we just scale it off Orochi then). His fire blasts aren't ever noted to be more powerful than before he was a pile of goo.

While I do agree with your overall points...

She was so big that Tatsumaki could comfortably fit between her lips. The decrease in size (and therefore the decrease in power) was astronomic, Psykos is literally hundreds of times smaller now than she was before, and she also got deprived access to a large portion of her immediate power source by having her meat roots twisted and squeezed out.

I don't think this is a strong argument. Murata has numerous cases of size inconsistency for his artwork at times, Gouketsu being a primary example. Quite often he will draw the characters to be as large or small as they need to do. A simple answer is that Tatsumaki just wasn't drawn to scale there in order for the joke to work.

I don't think this is a strong argument. Murata has numerous cases of size inconsistency for his artwork at times, Gouketsu being a primary example. Quite often he will draw the characters to be as large or small as they need to do. A simple answer is that Tatsumaki just wasn't drawn to scale there in order for the joke to work.
This is not comparable, when Psykos first shows up she is only a few dozen feet in height, and then after the off-screen power boost from God she is like a kilometer height, in the same panel where we see a building next to her for scale, and Tatsumaki comments why she's being bigger and wonders why, concluding that she is absorbing energy from the meat roots, which she then cuts.

After Tatsumaki destroys Psykos from the inside-out she regenerates and is once again much smaller, with shots showing Tatsumaki next to her and conveying that she is nowhere near as big as she was.

I concede that Gouketsu's height is inconsistent but with Psykos the height isn't inconsistent, it started out small, grew much bigger, and became small again.

Also, sidenote, there's no reason to assume the giant beam scales to any of Psykos other stats. Her barriers didn't really do anything except block a boulder. Her own durability got shredded through by Saitama, Tatsumaki and Genos in her giant form (I guess we just scale it off Orochi then). His fire blasts aren't ever noted to be more powerful than before he was a pile of goo.
Her durability should only scale to her psychic AP with barriers. For physical durability just calc the giant rocks that Tatsumaki yeeted and she stopped with her hands. The fact that Tatsumaki could easily shred her from inside out when there was nothing blocking her makes it obvious.

You said the initial beam is “hundreds of miles wide”

Uhhhhhh.... no? All the beams are the same size. Same width. The initial beam didn’t expand, it was SWUNG. The wide panel is the SWINGING shot, that’s why half of it is faded, to show MOVEMENT. After this, Psykos spams this same beam attack for the remainder of the fight. The beam isn’t even a single mile wide.

Tatsumaki took it point blank with only clothing damage, no barriers. While she doesn’t scale to the full power and damage, the Beam is nowhere near as large as you’re trying to portray it as.

I don’t think anyone is saying Psykorochi wasn’t weakened, but she’s not as weakened as to not be comparable to herself. She didn’t lose that much mass. Tatsumaki goes on to lock her entire body in place to the point where she can’t move or break free and gets twisted at the cellular level.

THANK YOU, SOMEONE ELSE WITH REASON.

When did Genos shred her giant form? Saitama and Tatsumaki are, well, Saitama and Tatsumaki, so of course they shred her. Her barriers tanked a 100% Tatsumaki trying to drill it and a full barrage of hypersonic mountains thrown at it without even a crack, so.

This is bound to go to shit for the millionth time...

I still disagree with the main point that Psykos doesn't scale to her first beam for the reasons discussed on the other OPM threads, but I'm far too lazy to write all that. Not that big on these arguments.

So, I'll just watch and see how this goes.

You said the initial beam is “hundreds of miles wide”
Yeah? Even before she swings it it is much larger than her other beams and it keeps expanding on an arc.

1149891_829670_1600_1138.png

Tatsumaki took it point blank with only clothing damage, no barriers. While she doesn’t scale to the full power and damage, the Beam is nowhere near as large as you’re trying to portray it as.
She is surrounded by an aura afterwards. The idea that she took it physically, no barriers is absolutely insane. We see how strong Tatsumaki is without barriers in the same fight and she gets pierced by Psykos' forks which are nowhere near as powerful as this beam. She is much, much weaker.

I don’t think anyone is saying Psykorochi wasn’t weakened, but she’s not as weakened as to not be comparable to herself. She didn’t lose that much mass. Tatsumaki goes on to lock her entire body in place to the point where she can’t move or break free and gets twisted at the cellular level.
Are you kidding? She lost a lot of mass. She went from being over a kilometer in half to only a few dozen feet. You can't say she wasn't extremely weakened when the whole rest of the fight is a smaller scale consistently, in both her own size, the size of her attacks, and the scale of what her opponents does. Nothing ever comes close, and there is a clear textual explanation for why that is. Psykos was weakened and Tatsumaki doesn't scale to the initial beam.

I still disagree with the main point that Psykos doesn't scale to her first beam for the reasons discussed on the other OPM threads, but I'm far too lazy to write all that. Not big on versus arguments.

So, I'll just watch and see how this goes.
Psykos' beam scales to her AP when she is at peak performance which is before Tatsumaki shreds her from inside out.

The beam is large, yes. But it didn’t expand anywhere to as close as you say. At best, it’s only twice the size of the other beams she spams for the entire chapter.

I never said she took it physically, I said without barriers. Her aura and her barrier are two vastly different in durability. She only got pierced because she was distracted, lowering her power since she thought the fight was over, and dividing her power between multiple barriers, lifting and pulling them out of the base while holding Psykos with one hand. Not comparable.

Not really. You’re comparing her to her largest ever shown size to her smallest ever known size and ignoring the fact that SCALE is not really Murata’s most consistent point in his art.

When did Genos shred her giant form? Saitama and Tatsumaki are, well, Saitama and Tatsumaki, so of course they shred her. Her barriers tanked a 100% Tatsumaki trying to drill it and a full barrage of hypersonic mountains thrown at it without even a crack, so.
Do you reaalize what you're saying?

First Tatsumaki wasn't 100% until the end of the fight where she fought a weaker Psykos. The small mountains being thrown are like Island level or something. There's also no evidence they were hypersonic speed because the rocks aren't ablating when thrown, they're just surrounded by Tatsumaki's green aura.

Psykos wasn't holding a full barrier because she was shooting the rocks with energy beams and it is a specific plot point that in OPM, Espers can't fire attacks and shield themselves at the same time. I doubt this is going to stop being the case in the Manga compared to the Webcomic because its a specific plot point in how Tatsumaki is defeated.

So you're literally arguing that Tatsumaki scales because she did something millions of times weaker than Psykos' beam and which made her bleed on the moment.

The beam is large, yes. But it didn’t expand anywhere to as close as you say. At best, it’s only twice the size of the other beams she spams for the entire chapter.
Can you not see. The other beams are only a couple times larger than Tatsumaki this beam even before it expands further as it goes away if the larger than skyscrappers. It's much bigger than Psykorochi herself who at that point is like 1 kilometer tall.

She only got pierced because she was distracted, lowering her power since she thought the fight was over, and dividing her power between multiple barriers, lifting and pulling them out of the base while holding Psykos with one hand. Not comparable.
You debunked yourself. First you say she tanked the beam with no barrier now you admit that without barrier and when distracted she can get stabbed by her spears.
Not really. You’re comparing her to her largest ever shown size to her smallest ever known size and ignoring the fact that SCALE is not really Murata’s most consistent point in his art.
Already refuted this. The difference in scale here is specifically pointed out in the plot. Psykos started out small, got much larger as she absorbed power from the Meat Roots and got the power boost from God, Tatsumaki points out that she is larger, and after being shredded like a rag and regenerated she is much smaller from then on.

Tatsumaki was 100% ever since lifting the base. It’s called “Tatsumaki full throttle“ for a reason.

The rocks are covered by her aura, that’s why they’re able to move at hypersonic speed.

Espers can attack and defend at the same time. Psykorochi is proof of that, she literally fires through her barriers. Did you just ignore, like, 2 whole chapters? Tatsumaki squeezed the octopus while having a barrier up too. That weakness doesn’t exist anymore. Hell, it didn’t exist in the first place, as the actual statement was “when an esper attacks, their defence becomes FRAGILE”. Fragile. Not non-existent.

Yeah. Tatsumaki defeated the being that did the feat with one good twist. Why wouldn’t she scale when you have no proof that she isn’t even HALF as weak? All her body mass is pretty much the e underground base, Tatsumaki twists only the very tippy top of the tower, and youre somehow portraying that as Psykorochi becoming less than 20% as powerful?

Her durability should only scale to her psychic AP with barriers. For physical durability just calc the giant rocks that Tatsumaki yeeted and she stopped with her hands. The fact that Tatsumaki could easily shred her from inside out when there was nothing blocking her makes it obvious.
So since her actual psychic powers have like an island+ calc for making a storm versus Tatsumaki, he Orochi-formed body is presumably at or above its original strength (another large island type deal), that sound good for her excluding the giant Kikoho beam?

I have no idea what you’re saying. This is pointless.
This has been discussed and debunked countless times before. I’m not wasting my time here.

I have no idea what you’re saying. This is pointless.
This has been discussed and debunked countless times before. I’m not wasting my time here.
If you are just going to insult people then I would prefer not to debate, yes.

As far as I'm concerned I succintly explain why Tatsumaki doesn't scale to Psykos' initial power and why Psykos is much weaker after the first twist from the inside-out.

This may have been the weakened Psykos, my mistake.
Yeah but that would imply a really casual swing from Saitama is multi-continental which is....a little inconsistent since he put some effort into the moon jump and cloud split.
Tatsumaki then weakened Psykos upwards of three times before doing any notable damage, and often by catching her off-guard (dropping a rock on the real Psykos' head, using so much output she got backlash when she blocked the weakened beam, twisting her up when she was inside her, etc).
Throwing hypersonic mountains though is probably not multi-continental.

Your post operates on countless assumptions and headcanon whilst making outlandish claims such as “the initial beam was hundreds of miles wide”. So, excuse me for not wanting to participate in nonsense any further.

Psykorochi was weakened, but given LOGIC being LOGICAL, she would’ve lost only, like, 10% of her power at maximum as Tatsumaki only twisted the very tippy tippy tippy tippy toppy tippy of her body on the tower while her ACTUAL body was almost the size of the entire city at this point. And considering Tatsumaki bullied that Psykorochi completely when she was no longer being held back by hostages, she scales above her.

This may have been the weakened Psykos, my mistake.
Yeah but that would imply a really casual swing from Saitama is multi-continental which is....a little inconsistent since he put some effort into the moon jump and cloud split.
Tatsumaki then weakened Psykos upwards of three times before doing any notable damage, and often by catching her off-guard (dropping a rock on the real Psykos' head, using so much output she got backlash when she blocked the weakened beam, twisting her up when she was inside her, etc).
Throwing hypersonic mountains though is probably not multi-continental.
I don’t remember Genos ever even touching Psykorochi.

Considering Saitama punched Psykorochi while Saitama was ANGRY, I don’t see why the punch couldn’t be multi-continental. Hell, that would make it more consistent as Psykorochi relatively tanked the shockwaves.

Tatsumaki only weakened Psykorochi once; when she was inside her mouth and twisted her upper body with a finger flick. Remind me of the other 2 times she weakened her substantially.

Also, wouldn't it be weird for like two entire chapters to be Tatsumaki deliberately trying to weaken Psykos if she could've just bopped her from the start? The part where she wanted to drag the other heroes out was stated to be after she dealt with Psykos anyway, so there's no reason for her to be holding back or not try her best to kill her when she's proven to be an immense threat.

Also Psykos' beam is multi-continental when swept across the planet anyway, for a prolonged period of time. Tatsumaki stopped it, yes, when Psykos was weakened. This weakened beam has calcs on Discord of its detonation being High 6-B to 6-A (depending on pixel calc, nuclear, etc)

The rocks are covered by her aura, that’s why they’re able to move at hypersonic speed.
Prove it. You are calc-stacking. If the rocks were calculated you wouldn't be able to use other feats to scale. That's not how it works.

Tatsumaki was 100% ever since lifting the base. It’s called “Tatsumaki full throttle“ for a reason.
Did you not read the manga!???

1343507_179087_800_1138.jpeg

Tatsumaki was serious but she wasn't 100%. There's a difference. And also Tatsumaki's 100% feat is not going to be much better than her Base Lift if lifted. It's probably gonna be 6-B or whatever.

Espers can attack and defend at the same time. Psykorochi is proof of that, she literally fires through her barriers
Barriers are transparent from the inside, Tatsumaki explains it, they can fire through them. When Tatsumaki makes a barrier that blocks from inside and out its pointed out as extraordinary. Also Psykos is two beings and so while she can create a barrier the Orochi heads can fire without using psychic power.

With the Octopus Tatsumaki is specifically squeezing a barrier around it to compress the dude.

Yeah. Tatsumaki defeated the being that did the feat with one good twist. Why wouldn’t she scale when you have no proof that she isn’t even HALF as weak? All her body mass is pretty much the e underground base, Tatsumaki twists only the very tippy top of the tower, and youre somehow portraying that as Psykorochi becoming less than 20% as powerful?
Because:

1. Tatsumaki's twist is not even 1% of 1% as powerful as Psykos' beam if you calc it.

2. Psykos is weakened extensively after the initial twist, because her biomass is decreased and her meat roots destroyed. The scale of her size and feats show that she was weakened.

3. Because of this Psykos is much, much weakened and needs to be scaled from other feats. Such as being stronger than Genos who is 6-B with his strongest attacks now.

I don’t remember Genos ever even touching Psykorochi.

Considering Saitama punched Psykorochi while Saitama was ANGRY, I don’t see why the punch couldn’t be multi-continental. Hell, that would make it more consistent as Psykorochi relatively tanked the shockwaves.

Tatsumaki only weakened Psykorochi once; when she was inside her mouth and twisted her upper body with a finger flick. Remind me of the other 2 times she weakened her substantially.
When he overpowered her giving it his all. Just before she stops it.

By that logic, Rover's multi-continental since Saitama was also 'angry' because he was making noise and being a bad dog. The shockwaves of that punch aren't multi-continental, they're like mountain level.

When she twisted her up at full power and prior when she was tearing out the base from the inside.

Psykorochi was weakened, but given LOGIC being LOGICAL, she would’ve lost only, like, 10% of her power at maximum as Tatsumaki only twisted the very tippy tippy tippy tippy toppy tippy of her body on the tower while her ACTUAL body was almost the size of the entire city at this point. And considering Tatsumaki bullied that Psykorochi completely when she was no longer being held back by hostages, she scales above her.
This is nonsense. Her form went from being over a kilometer in height to only a few dozen feet comparing her to Tatsumaki. She was also shooting much weaker and smaller beams that could be deflected by Genos' meteor-busting blasts, and Tatsumaki using city-destroying levels of power completely overpowered her.

She was extensively weakened. This is a fallacious argument from incredulity that proves nothing.

None of this makes sense.

Again, the “ESPER attack and can’t defend“ weakness DOES NOT EXIST. This is shown countless times in the manga. Tatsumaki squeezed the octopus with TK AND had a barrier up. Psykorochi had a barrier up AND fired blasts through it. Tatsumaki had a CITY SIZED BARRIER UP and was still using TK to throw stuff at Psykosjet. Psykos fired eye-blasts at Tatsumaki and Tatsumaki blocked it with her hand WHILE using her other hand to choke her with TK. Etc etc etc etc etc. This isn’t even a debatable point anymore, it’s just a falsehood to claim that a weakness that never existed is still applicable.

Tatsumaki’s twist is comparable in power because she has to twist against Psykorochi’s psychic power fighting back. No proof she is “weakened extensively” given the fact her roots were completely fine, Tatsumaki only destroyed the fake hologram body and did SOME damage to Orochi’s face. That was all. The tower was in tact. Psykorochi’s real body was the ENTIRE CITY at that point.

When he overpowered her giving it his all. Just before she stops it.

By that logic, Rover's multi-continental since Saitama was also 'angry' because he was making noise and being a bad dog. The shockwaves of that punch aren't multi-continental, they're like mountain level.

When she twisted her up at full power and prior when she was tearing out the base from the inside.
Genos never touched her. Please remind me and post a scan.

False comparison. Saitama saw Rover as a weird, big dog. He wasn’t angry, he was telling him to sit down. Meanwhile, Saitama got GROPED by Psykos on his bald head, his most emotionaly sensitive part, and he responded with a punch out of anger.

So, when Tatsumaki KILLED, not weakened Psykorochi (and Psykosjet was born) and do you mean when she lifted the base?

This is nonsense. Her form went from being over a kilometer in height to only a few dozen feet comparing her to Tatsumaki. She was also shooting much weaker and smaller beams that could be deflected by Genos' meteor-busting blasts, and Tatsumaki using city-destroying levels of power completely overpowered her.

She was extensively weakened. This is a fallacious argument from incredulity that proves nothing.
Again, you’re trying to use Murata’s inconsistent size scaling as some sort of argument here. It ain’t working.

Okay, and? That simply means Genos gets scaled up.

Tatsumaki using continent levels of power, focusing on only twisting the infected parts of the city*.

“This is a fallacious argument“? Well, ditto.

Again, the “ESPER attack and can’t defend“ weakness DOES NOT EXIST. This is shown countless times in the manga. Tatsumaki squeezed the octopus with TK AND had a barrier up. Psykorochi had a barrier up AND fired blasts through it. Tatsumaki had a CITY SIZED BARRIER UP and was still using TK to throw stuff at Psykosjet. Psykos fired eye-blasts at Tatsumaki and Tatsumaki blocked it with her hand WHILE using her other hand to choke her with TK. Etc etc etc etc etc. This isn’t even a debatable point anymore, it’s just a falsehood to claim that a weakness that never existed is still applicable.
It exists. Tatsumaki squeezed the Octopus by lifting him with TK, surrounding him in her aura and compressing it around her.

Psykos stopped the eye-beams first and then used TK. These are all examples of people using attacks subsequently with one another, not at once.

Tatsumaki’s twist is comparable in power because she has to twist against Psykorochi’s psychic power fighting back. No proof she is “weakened extensively” given the fact her roots were completely fine, Tatsumaki only destroyed the fake hologram body and did SOME damage to Orochi’s face. That was all. The tower was in tact. Psykorochi’s real body was the ENTIRE CITY at that point.
No its not. Calc that twist it's not gonna be more than 6-B. Tatsumaki twisted a very weakened version of Psykos that was much smaller than her initial form and was deprived of her closest meat-roots. That point is irrelevant.

What? Lol. What are you talking about??
I’ll just repost what I said because you completely whiffed right past it without actually understanding, disproving, debunking or explaining ANYTHING.

Calcing the twist doesn’t matter because you’re trying to make it seem like AOE = AP and that twisting the city is taking more effort than twisting Psykorochi.

Again, you’re trying to use Murata’s inconsistent size scaling as some sort of argument here. It ain’t working.
Please stop using this fallacious false-equivalency.

Murata being inconsistent with Gouketsu or Beefcake is completely irrelevant to my point. Again, did you read the manga, Psykos' increase in size is pointed out on panel textually for all to see.

p8ztepc.png

Okay, and? That simply means Genos gets scaled up.
Genos tells us first-hand how strong his beam is, it's like Small Country level scaling from the Giant Meteor, and he uses it to deflect a small beam from a weakened, smaller Psykos that is nowhere near as large as her first initial attack that when she is in peak condition. Genos upscaling is a delusion that doesn't make sense and is refuted by the text.

The same Genos that couldn't comprehend the scale of power of Psykos' first attack is then shown competing with Psykos using a much smaller scale of power that he can comprehend. This is explained by Psykos being weakened.

Tatsumaki using continent levels of power, focusing on only twisting the infected parts of the city*.
She never used continent levels of powers, all of Tatsumaki's feats are around a similar tier that is millions of times weaker than Psykos' power. Every single one of them. Her best feat that used 100% of her power is destroying Z-City and that is only like Country level estimating, purely because its better than her Monster Association base feat.

Calcing the twist doesn’t matter because you’re trying to make it seem like AOE = AP and that twisting the city is taking more effort than twisting Psykorochi.
I addressed this in the OP which you clearly didn't read. The manga makes it very clear that the bigger Psykos / Orochi are, the stronger they are. The more biomass something has the stronger it gets.

Similarly the largest something in the more energy-supply it will need to sustain itself which is clearly the case with Psykos and Orochi. See below:

1. Orochi starts as a small goop and eats random monsters to survive. Eventually it becomes bigger and it starts spreading its roots through the Monster Association and the city to consume more energy and biomass.
2. Psykos has roots over the city but after her closest-most roots on the tower are destroyed she gets much smaller and then after the rest of the roots across the city are destroyed she ends up in a state so weakened she considers consuming humans to restore her power.

This is basic science. Something that is bigger is larger and stronger than something that is smaller and it is 100% how it goes with Psykos. Hell, Neanderthals understood this principle, one of the strategies that the prehistory men used to kill Mammoths was by depriving them of their food source, which would exhaust them out and make them easier to kill.

AoE = AP is very much the case in this fight.

I thought it was made clear that Psyckorochi's big boost in power wasn't tied to just absorbing Biomass but to the boost from God, which influences her power to an unknown degree.

I thought it was made clear that Psyckorochi's big boost in power wasn't tied to just absorbing Biomass but to the boost from God, which influences her power to an unknown degree.
This is addressed in the OP, she gets weaker after the first twist that reduces the size of her form.

Psykorochi is insanely inconsistent in size even when you focus on when she’s in her prime. I wasn’t even referring to Beefcake. Murata is consistently inconsistent when it comes to size.

You’re acting as if Genos saying “it can destroy a meteor in one blow!” is him saying “at max power it can ONLY destroy exactly ONE large meteor in one blow and nothing else!”. It is a vague statement which is very shaky to base your argument on.

Your last two messages here didn’t even address my points so I won’t even argue them. I won’t be responding nor reading this thread anymore. It’s pretty pointless. Tired arguments we’ve all seen before and were thrown out then, and should be thrown out again now.

Genos never touched her. Please remind me and post a scan.

False comparison. Saitama saw Rover as a weird, big dog. He wasn’t angry, he was telling him to sit down. Meanwhile, Saitama got GROPED by Psykos on his bald head, his most emotionaly sensitive part, and he responded with a punch out of anger.

So, when Tatsumaki KILLED, not weakened Psykorochi (and Psykosjet was born) and do you mean when she lifted the base?
Here. Pushed through her beam and hit her.

Not true. The big weird dog blasted him like 8 times in the redraw (which is now the canon version). Saitama was annoyed the same way when everyone calls him bald.....you telling me anytime he throws a fit he's using FULL POWER or the level he used against BOROS?

KILLED? Both Orochi and Psykos were still alive, what do you even mean?

Here. Pushed through her beam and hit her.

Not true. The big weird dog blasted him like 8 times in the redraw (which is now the canon version). Saitama was annoyed the same way when everyone calls him bald.....you telling me anytime he throws a fit he's using FULL POWER or the level he used against BOROS?

KILLED? Both Orochi and Psykos were still alive, what do you even mean?
Um, no it didn’t. It didnt even touch her. His beam is drilling through her beam but he never, ever manages to touch her.

Le’ false.

I said “killed Psykorochi”, giving birth to Psykosjet.

Psykorochi is insanely inconsistent in size even when you focus on when she’s in her prime. I wasn’t even referring to Beefcake. Murata is consistently inconsistent when it comes to size.
No she's not. She starts being only a few dozen times taller than Tatsumaki and then after growing larger she is shown to be much larger than a building in the same panel which is immediately followed in the next chapter by Tatsumaki comented that she became even larger.

Your literal argument right now is ridiculous

"Stop explaining inconsistencies in ways that make sense they need to keep being inconsistent". What the hell is this? There is a perfectly reasonable Watsonian explanation for this instance that is given to you textually and you ignore it. Why?

Because if you ignore it you can pretend that Psykorochi wasn't much weaker after the first twist?

You’re acting as if Genos saying “it can destroy a meteor in one blow!” is him saying “at max power it can ONLY destroy exactly ONE large meteor in one blow and nothing else!”. It is a vague statement which is very shaky to base your argument on.
Genos literally charged a named attack right before saying this. He refers to it as a last resort attack, again I wonder if you actually read it.

It's not vague, it's super direct. He can destroy a Giant Meteor - which by the language makes me 99,9% certain its the meteor from the beginning of the series - with a move he calls a last-resort attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back