• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Revision: Tatsumaki and Psykos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with Psykos being weaker after being twisted for the first time because she implied she was going to show them her true power.

This more of a supporting evidence, but in OPM, powerful beams have consistently been shown with spirals around them, and I would say Psykos' last beam was intended to have that effect on us readers.

The size of the attack doesn't matter since Psykos was learning how to use her powers and she could have concentrated more energy into her beams, even if they are smaller.

But yeah I agree with the fact that the feat, when accepted, shouldn't be treated as a one shot attack, and therefore Tatsumaki shouldn't fully scale to it, because it was held and swung for longer than what it would take in a real fight.

Most of Matthew’s arguments comes from his own headcanon of the beams being less potent when this is never mentioned nor even alluded to. Why would Tatsumaki be dodging less potent attacks when the most potent one only gave her CLOTHING DAMAGE? Why would Psykorochi be firing less potent attacks when she saw her showing-off attack only did CLOTHING DAMAGE?? If anything, the attacks are more potent, but more focused. Tatsumaki dodges into the sky for a reason.

”one of the beams hits a building”
No, one of Orochi’s dragon heads’ destroys a building. They are different. You can tell from the design.

It doesn't matter, the power of ultimate intellect she is talking about could very well be refeering to her true power.
Could, but it doesn't. She doesn't say "I am going to show you my true power now" or imply that she wasn't going all out before.

Could, but it doesn't. She doesn't say "I am going to show you my true power now" or imply that she wasn't going all out before.
Psykos thinks about intelligence as power so it's likely that she is using them as synonyms. What else would she show the heroes if it isn't power? How could she win that battle with intelligence?

I think its pretty obvious that the fan translations are most of the time more accurate then viz, viz did have that one time where they clarified that Tatsumaki destroyed the roots at a cellular level but then we also have crapola and all that other stuff.

Typo I guess? I planned on doing that God tier revision thing along with a few other stuff, but I'm waiting for this thread to finish before I get to that.

Psykos thinks about intelligence as power so it's likely that she is using them as synonyms. What else would she show the heroes if it isn't power? How could she win that battle with intelligence?
Assuming you are right nothing implies she wasn't going all out before.

I might post my opinions here tomorrow, but IIRC Espers don’t bleed from the brow due to exertion, they just aren’t able to focus telekinetic power to close their wounds (both due to focus and exertion). At the very least, this is how it’s presented in the webcomic, especially during the Saitama fight in the Psychic Sisters arc.

Wait, but Tatsumaki didn't get to completely separate Psycoz from her roots, and most of her power comes from talking with the alien thing. Her size doesn't change that much either, her form changes sure but not her size.
It does actually when we see her right after in a shot compared to Tatsumaki. She goes from being over a kilometer tall to only a few dozen feet.

Tatsumaki clearly didn’t struggle to lift the coast line of rocks, and considering she later lifts the entire base when weaker... it’s clear the blood is just another inconsistency, like Garou’s red eye.

Tatsumaki being trapped in her own barrier was what caused that head wound, not lifting rocks. There is so much wrong with OP’s post.

It does actually when we see her right after in a shot compared to Tatsumaki. She goes from being over a kilometer tall to only a few dozen feet.

Yes, but later on we see she again looks like a mosquito next to Psychos. The scans when Tats is inside Psichoz don't align with the 1km figure, so it would be best to not scale Psichoz from her but from the MA upturned base.

Compared to that, both versions seem to be about the same.

I get the point of like, changing Neuron Psykos' tier to reflect the size stuff. So High 6-A would be her at her maximum, but Tornado doesn't need to be changed in my view. She still withstood the beam swing and was still holding back on even the massive Psykos.

I think its pretty obvious that the fan translations are most of the time more accurate then viz, viz did have that one time where they clarified that Tatsumaki destroyed the roots at a cellular level but then we also have crapola and all that other stuff.
Japanese doesn't really have like, explicate or really negative words. Any time you see cursing in fan translation, 99% of the time its just the translator spicing it up for that reason. Its why fan translation Bakugo constantly curses but Official Translation Bakugo doesn't.

Tatsumaki clearly didn’t struggle to lift the coast line of rocks, and considering she later lifts the entire base when weaker... it’s clear the blood is just another inconsistency, like Garou’s red eye.
The LS you need to lift those mountains has been calculated above the base lift, so that's not true.

Why would you calc the city twist when the results would clearly be below what she scales from? Since she isn’t trying to destroy the city, only Psykorochi, who she already scales above since she had to lock Psykorochi’s ENTIRE body in place to even begin twisting the whole city.

She caught and manhandled, then discarded one of Psykorochi’s enraged blasts, then locked Psykorochi’s entire body in place. She clearly scales to at least 90% of Psykorochi’s power unless you want to prove that her twisting the very top of the tower which only had, like, 5% of Psykorochi’s entire body mass on it somehow weakened her by more than 10%, I’d love to hear it.

Japanese doesn't really have like, explicate or really negative words. Any time you see cursing in fan translation, 99% of the time its just the translator spicing it up for that reason. Its why fan translation Bakugo constantly curses but Official Translation Bakugo doesn't.
Ah mb, I wasn't aware of that and thought viz was just censoring or smthn.

I agree with the others though, it seems weird that we're just going to ignore that a majority of Psykos' mass are her roots and then say she was severely weakened.

I'm going to give my complete thoughts on this, trying to be as neutral as possible and considering every option.

First of all, I'd like to clarify that I think neither Tatsumaki nor Neuron Psykos should scale to the earth-slicing feat since it was held for a long time and then swung around the planet specifically to test and show its power. It clearly isn't a one shot attack. Even if you consider the feat as a 1 second end, it is a lot of time considering Tatsumaki is Relativistic and Neuron Psykos had to spam multiple beams to try to hit her. It wouldn't be useful in a real fight (like if she were to fight Boros or AG) because of how fast the other characters are.

Also, I think Tatsumaki shouldn't fully scale to the feat even if it was considered a one shot attack, and that she should only scale to the initial impact of the beam, considering she wasn't in its epicenter for the whole time. She stayed at the same place while the beam moved around the planet causing what we consider the 250 Petaton feat.

After that, Genos states the energy level of the attack was "immeasurable". This could mean two things:

1- This is the peak level of strength we see during the entire fight and there isn't a feat as powerful as this again.

2- Genos can't even measure his peak level attacks. This is weird because Genos said that with his "ultimate weapon" he could "pulverize a giant meteor in one shot", showing he knows the upper limits of his strength. However, we don't know if he is specifically talking about True Spiral Incineration Cannon or about 10 Second Mode Genos in general. If it were the latter, it would mean Genos doesn't even know his own limits, which is strange.

Now let's talk about Neuron Psykos getting weaker. When Tatsumaki first destroyed her from the inside, she only destroys the upper part of her body, which actually covers the entire city. And while you could argue that the major part of her power was concentrated on the top of it, it is more reasonable to say that most of her mass was spread around the ground and below the base, so she did not get super weakened.

About her being smaller: For me it doesn't mean anything considering Murata has been very inconsistent with sizes. Gouketsu, Beefcake and even Darkshine are clear examples of this. You can see Tatsumaki being infinitely smaller at the start of the fight, and despite being stated that Neuron Psykos is getting bigger as the time passes, Tats then can be seen in her mouth without any problems.

Supporting evidence that Neuron Psykos was at full power after regenearting: "I'm going to show you the power of ultimate intellect!", she is blatantly referring to showing her true power, given that she always thinks of intelligence as power. She was trying to control/save the world by herself by creating her own organization and figured out a way to produce monsters and make them evolve. Why else would she say this? Was she really going to win that fight through intelligence, when she hadn't even planned a strategy? No, she was just talking about raw power.

More evidence (although this can be argued) is that Murata always draws a character's ultimate attack with spirals around it (like UltraSpiral Incineration Cannon, or even True Spiral Incineration Cannon in that same fight), and Psykos' last two god beams had those spirals.

Conclusion: While I believe Pyskos' initial feat was the most powerful feat we see during the entire fight (mainly based on Genos' reaction and description), she grew more powerful after regenerating (stated to show her real power and spirals were present). The only difference is that while weaker, the initial beam caused more destruction because it was held for much more time than the others, and that way she could accomplish such level. If end of fight Psykos had done the same with her last beam, the energy levels would have been even higher than the first one.

Give your thoughts on this post please.

The argument '' is holding this longer than the others '' doesn't work, I showed above that sometimes, on other occasions she held on for a longer time, like when Genos confronted her for the third time and in the final confrontation between the two, they they stay together for a long time until they both dissipate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back