• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Revision: Tatsumaki and Psykos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psykos' other stats don't scale to the giant beam, I say High 6-A with the Tien attack and use her other calcs and feats (which are 6-C, 6-B and 6-A)

Also take off "at least" on Tatsumaki's page. She's still multi-continental. Even if she shit out Super Saiyan 3 Kaioken x 20, the calc is BARELY multi-cont so she wouldn't get above the tier.

That's not what "At least" is tho.

Should be used to denote the lower cap of a character, if the exact value is indeterminate.

The argument '' is holding this longer than the others '' doesn't work, I showed above that sometimes, on other occasions she held on for a longer time, like when Genos confronted her for the third time and in the final confrontation between the two, they they stay together for a long time until they both dissipate.
That confrontation between her and Genos probably took much less time than the initial beam. Considering Genos only had 10 seconds from the start of the fight, it's possible that the beam struggle didn't even last 1 second.

Psykos' other stats don't scale to the giant beam, I say High 6-A with the Tien attack and use her other calcs and feats (which are 6-C, 6-B and 6-A)

Also take off "at least" on Tatsumaki's page. She's still multi-continental. Even if she shit out Super Saiyan 3 Kaioken x 20, the calc is BARELY multi-cont so she wouldn't get above the tier.
Wait are you proposing she gets a separate tier for like 3 different attacks? I'm confused.

That confrontation between her and Genos probably took much less time than the initial beam. Considering Genos only had 10 seconds from the start of the fight, it's possible that the beam struggle didn't even last 1 second.
Definitely not, it is the first Psykos attack lasting 2 pages, the last clash of Genos and Psykos are several pages.

Which 6-B and 6-A talents?

iirc I don't think Psykos did anything besides spam the god beam that could be quantified into a tier, unless you wanna calc Psykos stabbing Tatsumaki lol.

Even then you’d have to take in Tatsumaki’s aura into account which was durable enough to tank the first God Beam in the first place, and also that Orochi’s swords seem to have anti-ESPer properties.

apparently she "moved" so she didn't tank the entirety of the beam, tell me if I'm wrong but when I read the scene it looked more like Tatsumaki flinching because she didn't expect the beam instead of her attempting to move when she was shot by the beam, if she did move then I don't see why she wouldn't have dodged as a whole like she did towards the other ones, imo it makes more sense that she took it while not even expecting it but her slightly moving might get accepted over that :/

Definitely not, it is the first Psykos attack lasting 2 pages, the last clash of Genos and Psykos are several pages.
Pages don't mean anything. Also, prove why Genos (knowing his limits) can clash with a stronger attack than the one he described as immeasurable. Try to make the two options possible without copying my interpretation, I'll wait.

If the pages mean nothing, why are you considering the first attack as the most lasting?

To test ? Just read the manga and watch him do it and his reference to "destroying a giant meteor" does not fit here, because a giant meteor can be High 6-A, besides, you must prove that Psykos stayed 63 thousand times weaker than before (since if you're following Matt's logic, Genos would be Low 6-B).

If the pages mean nothing, why are you considering the first attack as the most lasting?

To test ? Just read the manga and watch him do it and his reference to "destroying a giant meteor" does not fit here, because a giant meteor can be High 6-A, besides, you must prove that Psykos stayed 63 thousand times weaker than before (since if you're following Matt's logic, Genos would be Low 6-B).
All I'm saying is Psykos initial attack is higher than anything she did after that because it was described as immeasurable by Genos. Genos knows his limits. And yes, a giant meteor can be High 6-A or 5-C if you wanted to say it. The thing is the first beam is necessarily stronger than whatever results Genos can get, because he is aware of his maximum strength while she can't measure Psykos'.

You are misunderstanding me, I believe Psykos grew stronger after regenerating becuase she said she was going to show them her true power and the beam had spirals around it, implying it was an even more powerful attack. The only reason this was only comparable to Genos' ultimate weapon (even if it should be greater than the first beam) is because of the destruction caused to the earth (Genos sensing her right after the earth was sliced, not when the beam was being fired) and the possibly longer time she held the first beam.

It seems like our staff is largely too busy IRL to help at the moment.

Yes, in fact the initial attack by Psykos is bigger than the others, but honestly, I don't think that the Genos quote can be taken too seriously, remembering that he has other statements that are extremely erroneous during the work.
Another thing is also the whole context of the fight, which just doesn’t make any sense Psykos use his '' maximal '' strength in the first attack and see that it didn’t hurt Tatsumaki, and then continue using lesser attacks to try to kill her .

Yes, in fact the initial attack by Psykos is bigger than the others, but honestly, I don't think that the Genos quote can be taken too seriously, remembering that he has other statements that are extremely erroneous during the work.
Another thing is also the whole context of the fight, which just doesn’t make any sense Psykos use his '' maximal '' strength in the first attack and see that it didn’t hurt Tatsumaki, and then continue using lesser attacks to try to kill her .
Her max strength comes from swinging the beam, not from firing it to Tatsumaki. The following attacks were likley as strong as the first one, with the difference that they were not moved around the earth and didn't cause that much destruction, so it makes sense that she thought she could hurt Tats with those attacks.

Last edited:
I don’t believe Tatsumaki moved or dodged, she was just hit directly and pushed back a bit, then Psykorochi swung it.

Genos’ statement about immeasurable energy, we must remember that this version of Genos is ALL ATTACK, no defence, so maybe his measurement systems also were not upgraded to his max potential with the 10 second mode.

I don’t believe Tatsumaki moved or dodged, she was just hit directly and pushed back a bit, then Psykorochi swung it.
Literally what I said.
Genos’ statement about immeasurable energy, we must remember that this version of Genos is ALL ATTACK, no defence, so maybe his measurement systems also were not upgraded to his max potential with the 10 second mode.
This is probably false considering Genos can measure what his ultimate move (True Spiral Incineration Cannon) can do.

Well, this thread has turned into a bit of a mess, and if no staff members are willing and able to help out, we might have to abandon it without a conclusion.

It would likely help if some knowledgeable member writes a summary of the discussion so far though.

Genos never said what the maximum his ultimate move can do, he just said what it CAN do, and never said that was the limit.

”This 50cal rifle can shoot right through a soda can” is not the same as “this 50cal rifle can ONLY shoot through a soda can.”

Her max strength comes from swinging the beam, not from firing it to Tatsumaki. The following attacks were likley as strong as the first one, with the difference that they were not moved around the earth and didn't cause that much destruction, so it makes sense that she thought she could hurt Tats with those attacks.
Definitely not, that was just the method that Psykos found best, but considering that Psykos' attack would do without swinging the beam it would be a huge hole that would go across the planet, almost 3,000 km long and several kilometers wide (Not to mention that it wouldn't explode, just like it did with Genos' attack), which would give High 6-A results as well.

So it obviously doesn't make sense.

Genos never said what the maximum his ultimate move can do, he just said what it CAN do, and never said that was the limit.

”This 50cal rifle can shoot right through a soda can” is not the same as “this 50cal rifle can ONLY shoot through a soda can.”
Yes, people think that Genos said "My mode can only destroy a meteor and nothing above that".

Okay. I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can tell me later if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

I might be able to help if a get a concise TLDR summary about the proposals and counterarguments, preferably in the form of a bullet point list.

Definitely not, that was just the method that Psykos found best, but considering that Psykos' attack would do without swinging the beam it would be a huge hole that would go across the planet, almost 3,000 km long and several kilometers wide (Not to mention that it wouldn't explode, just like it did with Genos' attack), which would give High 6-A results as well.
I concede there. Now explain why Genos said Psykos' energy was immeasurable. Claming she didn't get weaker after regenearting doesn't make any sense then. The only option I can see is Genos not even being able to measure his own energy levels, which seems strange.

I concede there. Now explain why Genos said Psykos' energy was immeasurable. Claming she didn't get weaker after regenearting doesn't make any sense then. The only option I can see is Genos not even being able to measure his own energy levels, which seems strange.
Genos thought Saitama was needed to beat Gouketsu and the entire Class-S, so ...

Genos thought Saitama was needed to beat Gouketsu and the entire Class-S, so ...
He wasn't sure about that. Genos said: "it seemed impossible to calculate his total power. In that sense, he was like master Saitama". So if both of them are immeasurable, Saitama could just be a higher level of immeasurable. It's just natural that he isn't sure about who would win.

Wait are you proposing she gets a separate tier for like 3 different attacks? I'm confused.
I'm proposing we don't lazily blanket her stats as multi-continental, which is VERY disingenuous reading the manga. Her esper powers have a large island feat when clashing with Tatsumaki (the storm), the Orochi blasts kinda did nothing to the rock thing with a good chunk of Tatsumaki's power while the giant beam was shown being a very clear threat since she actively avoided it and even at the end needed her 'full focus' to stop just one of them so clear power difference there. Her durability definitely isn't multi-continental with or without barriers since again her psychic powers aren't on the same scale as that one beam.
I'm saying at least High 6-C with psychic powers, at least Low 6-B with Orochi attacks (stronger than before, but to unknown degree), up to High 6-A with god beam (insert calc), possibly add a varies upon size.

Even then you’d have to take in Tatsumaki’s aura into account which was durable enough to tank the first God Beam in the first place, and also that Orochi’s swords seem to have anti-ESPer properties.
1) Island level with surface area given its size.
1.5) Didn't tank the sweep to begin with, she'd scale to the thing's direct force (explosive yield, slashing force, etc) unless you say that she moved with the beam across the planet.
2) Nothing implies Psykos was using that until she shocked Tatsumaki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back