• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch-Man minor updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Human Garou and those who scale to him are fine tbh, he downscales from Low 7-B Genos. It's suiryu that's the problem, as he doesn't exactly scale to Garou

Wait, hold on a minute. If Garou’s tier is from scaling to the Low 7-B Genos... why is he backscaling? He was injured and could still clash with Genos and tank hits from him. If anything, he should upscale.

Or maybe Genos shouldn’t be totally Low 7-B and only scale with JDA.

No, Genos himself is Low 7-B as JDA is a physical attack, if he had High 7-C dura his legs would have shattered., and that Genos himself wasn't going all out on Garou, that was what was agreed upon last time.

Wanting to kill someone does not mean they have to go absolutely all-out. Saitama kills his enemies without going all-out.

That’s because Saitama’s too damn strong for literally anybody in the verse. What evidence suggests Genos wasn’t going all-out, because literally nothing in that fight implies that.

IIRC It is implied they are comparable, and the ova supports it.
The ova is anime only, and we generally don't use anime stuff, even if approved by ONE or not, and I don't think there were any statements the 2 are comparable. Plus, It's likely Garou is stronger as the moment he tried to exert himself, the machine broke

Suiryu sees Garou win the super-fight and he thinks that "Oh, this may be a worthy opponent to me".
Also, didn't we all agree that he scales to him in the previous CRT?

Suiryu sees Garou win the super-fight and he thinks that "Oh, this may be a worthy opponent to me".
Also, didn't we all agree that he scales to him in the previous CRT?
Just because he thinks doesn't mean he is. Also "worthy opponent" does not mean the 2 are comparable.

Downgrade Genos' physicals to High 7-C+, only Low 7-B with JDA and it's all green. I already mentioned this before.

Didn't we all agree to scale Genos to Low 7-B in the previous thread? There's nothing that even puts Genos at High 7-C+, as well as the fact that JDA is a physical attack and if Genos had High 7-C dura his leg would've likely shattered. Plus, with the exception of his MA Raid self, Genos is generally comparable to his attacks and it was kinda implied that his MA raid body was the most unbalanced, and that was a request from Genos himself, other than that, all his upgrades are from DR. Genus. Scaling to Garou to Low 7-B is probably fine but downscaling them to High 7-C+ is a no.

Didn't we all agree to scale Genos to Low 7-B in the previous thread?
IIRC, Damage3245 and Matthew Schroeder disagreed with it.

If Genos is Low 7-B physicals, it may affect the others, like Garou and Tanktop Master. But I guess you could argue that Genos was holding back, Garou obviously didn't compare JDA to Genos' physicals, who he believes to be physically on par with TTM. JDA is clearly a different and much more powerful attack compared to his normal strikes.

Last edited:
The high 7-C+ comes from this calc so either we scale Garou from Low 7-B Genos or have Genos only scale to Low 7-B with his JDA and have his other stats be High 7-C+. I think Garou should be Low 7-B and even upscale from it since Genos was trying to kill him and Garou was able to fight back despite being massively weakened. Also Low 7-B TTM and Higher Low 7-B Metal Bat~

I say we go with Low 7-B, considering JDA is physical attack move, Genos should have comparable AP and dura to it. I doubt elder centipede Genos is a glass cannon, unlikes his MA raid self

This was what we argued about Genos and Garou: Genos was only Low7-B with JDA, but his durability was also on that tier because he withstood the force of his own attack. We don't have a way to guess Genos physical AP, so him and Garou should downscale, as JDA is considered a super strong attack. Remember that Spiral Incineration Canon (which is only High 7-C) was meant to kill Garou.

We agreed that Garou could have a Low 7-B rating only with WRSF, because he can deflect and redirect attacks with are much stronger than his durability. For instance, Senior Centipede is stated to tank SIC and a slightly pumped up Metal Bat one shot him. This would put Metal Bat much higher than Garou, with him only being able to avoid MB's hits via WRSF.

We agreed that Garou could have a Low 7-B rating only with WRSF
Why wasn't this added yet?

Also I think Murata made a claim that if Zenko didn't stop Metal Bat, Metal bat likely would've killed Garou. Even Garou stated he likely would've received damage.

I agree with all here, I feel that Suiryu shouldn't scale to human Garou, as his scaling comes from an anime feat, and we generally don't use anime stuff to compare to the manga, even if approved by ONE or not. Suiryu should probably be downgraded for that or get another new reasoning for his rating.
I agree with the two of them scaling. Garou breaking the machine just means he got faster, we can't prove he got stronger in general. You could argue Suiryu also had his armbands and wasn't going all out. Also, Suiryu scaling is very ocnsistent because a weakened version of himself was able to break Bakuzan's toe, a Dragon level threat.

Also I think Murata made a claim that if Zenko didn't stop Metal Bat, Metal bat likely would've killed Garou. Even Garou stated he likely would've received damage.
That's true. Had Garou not had martial arts, he wold have been killed, as those attack could potentially one shot him. I would put Garou at High 7-C, Low 7-B with WRSF.

Like I said, we don't use the anime stuff in general. However, suiryu downscaling to "At most Low 7-B" via downscaling from Bakuzan could work. Didn't suiryu used to have a Low 7-B calc?

There's also the statement that Metal Bat would've turned the situation around if he had been at monster association arc by ONE. So that's something

Also, why does Bos Genos upscale from Iaian in speed? It's very clear that Iaian got faster by the time the MA war arrived. He was slower before. And him not being an S class hero doesn't mean anything, since Genos just got an S class rating and Iaian probably had to go up in the ranks until he was stopped by Amai Mask. Not to mention he was said to be S class level by Fubuki.

He dodged a point blank attack from Melzalgard. Sky King couldn't do that at all, despite being stated equal to DSK (Someone comparable in speed to Post-Meteor arc Genos).

Also, why does Bos Genos upscale from Iaian in speed? It's very clear that Iaian got faster by the time the MA war arrived. He was slower before. And him not being an S class hero doesn't mean anything, since Genos just got an S class rating and Iaian probably had to go up in the ranks until he was stopped by Amai Mask. Not to mention he was said to be S class level by Fubuki.

He dodged a point blank attack from Melzalgard. Sky King couldn't do that at all, despite being stated equal to DSK (Someone comparable in speed to Post-Meteor arc Genos).
Because it's stated that it takes a lot to get into the S-Class, as well as Iaian later on stating that he's not exactly worthy to be in the S-Class. And even beyond that, he still scales to DSK, who's also MHS

That’s because Saitama’s too damn strong for literally anybody in the verse. What evidence suggests Genos wasn’t going all-out, because literally nothing in that fight implies that.
I think Garou's physicals have to downscale from Spiral Incineration Cannon, since Genos was harming him before that (with machine gun blows and regular incineration cannons) and resorted to that move to shoot him out of the sky (presumably killing or incapacitating him). The thing about making Garou low 7-B is that I don't think he can do attacks on that level without attack reflection. He can block and redirect Low 7-B energy, but not generate it himself.

And about Genos's tiering, Low 7-B is fine, since his durability must be Low 7-B according to JDA, and he has at least two attacks that are Low 7-B (JDA, Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon). He can take Low 7-B hits and dish out Low 7-B damage, but fighting at full power will be energy intensive for him. The reason he wouldn't use JDA or Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon until he had to against EC is that those moves really dip into his gas tank.

Against a lesser threat like Garou, it made more sense to spam low intensity attacks and gradually overwhelm Garou's WSRSF with volume and not AP. Genos played that fight very smart and would have killed Garou if Bang hadn't intervened imo. For all I know, Garou could have deflected something like Jet Drive Arrow (it's in the same tier as metal bat's swings), but he can't deflect machine gun blows because it's too much too quick for him.

Last edited:
Like I said, we don't use the anime stuff in general. However, suiryu downscaling to "At most Low 7-B" via downscaling from Bakuzan could work. Didn't suiryu used to have a Low 7-B calc?
He did, it was downgraded when some people took objection to the cloud scaling. Actually, the Suiryu change is what prompted the Gouketsu recalc

IIRC, Damage3245 and Matthew Schroeder disagreed with it.

If Genos is Low 7-B physicals, it may affect the others, like Garou and Tanktop Master. But I guess you could argue that Genos was holding back, Garou obviously didn't compare JDA to Genos' physicals, who he believes to be physically on par with TTM. JDA is clearly a different and much more powerful attack compared to his normal strikes.
They disagreed a couple CRTs ago, when Genos was going to get upgraded to 7-B+ with JDA. They didn't argue with the Low 7-B calc from what I remember

It's also worth noting that Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon should be stronger than Spiral Incineration Cannon and Jet Drive Arrow, so Genos has at least two Low 7-B attacks and should theoretically be capable of other attacks on that level. From what I see, EC Genos will fight at 50% (High 7-C+) to conserve energy and will only use his full potential (Low 7-B) when pressed. But for our purposes, he is physically low 7-B and capable of multiple low 7-B attacks, so it's more consistent to put him at Low 7-B and mention, maybe in his weaknesses, that he has low stamina at max power. He gassed out after Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon seemingly

He did, it was downgraded when some people took objection to the cloud scaling. Actually, the Suiryu change is what prompted the Gouketsu recalc
Ah I see. I think Garou = Suiryu should be removed and be replaced with "At most Low 7-B" via downscaling from bakugan, who is Low 7-B+. But I feel it's a tad iffy, so either that or we downgrade him with another feat.

Garou should keep his High 7-C+ rating via downscaling from Genos correct?

What are your thoughts on the speed upgrade in Usklaverei's sandbox?

I think Suiryu could likely be At least 8-A in the worst case scenario, as Iaian is stated the be wrothy of the S-Class. And so at the very least should be comparable to the weakest "S-Class worth" hero

I think Suiryu could likely be At least 8-A in the worst case scenario, as Iaian is stated the be wrothy of the S-Class. And so at the very least should be comparable to the weakest "S-Class worth" hero
Genos also said his skills were s-class, which places him at least Puri Puri's level, since I don't think Genos had seen any weaker showings from the S-class than Puri Puri when he took on Melzalgald

So would that mean: "Likely High 7-C" without the plus? Like:

Attack Potency: Likely Large Town level (Genos described Suiryu as having skills comparable to an S-Class hero, and so should be comparable to the likes of early Pri-Pri Prison)

Because it's stated that it takes a lot to get into the S-Class, as well as Iaian later on stating that he's not exactly worthy to be in the S-Class. And even beyond that, he still scales to DSK, who's also MHS
Iaian was likely faster than the PPP who fought DSK even before the raid, so that's not valid imo.

I think Garou's physicals have to downscale from Spiral Incineration Cannon, since Genos was harming him before that (with machine gun blows and regular incineration cannons) and resorted to that move to shoot him out of the sky (presumably killing or incapacitating him). The thing about making Garou low 7-B is that I don't think he can do attacks on that level without attack reflection. He can block and redirect Low 7-B energy, but not generate it himself.

And about Genos's tiering, Low 7-B is fine, since his durability must be Low 7-B according to JDA, and he has at least two attacks that are Low 7-B (JDA, Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon). He can take Low 7-B hits and dish out Low 7-B damage, but fighting at full power will be energy intensive for him. The reason he wouldn't use JDA or Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon until he had to against EC is that those moves really dip into his gas tank.

Against a lesser threat like Garou, it made more sense to spam low intensity attacks and gradually overwhelm Garou's WSRSF with volume and not AP. Genos played that fight very smart and would have killed Garou if Bang hadn't intervened imo. For all I know, Garou could have deflected something like Jet Drive Arrow (it's in the same tier as metal bat's swings), but he can't deflect machine gun blows because it's too much too quick for him.
I have a few issues with this.

First of all, an attack having a calc at a certain level doesn’t mean it is only that level. The Spiral Incineration Cannon > Genos’ physicals, and if we say Genos’ physicals are Low 7-B, then the Spiral Incineration Cannon is also that tier.

Secondly, we have Genos’ physicals at Low 7-B and Human Garou tanked several hits from him and clashed with him without WSRSF (and remember that Garou was weakened at this time). That means H-Garou’s durability and SS would have to be Low 7-B.

Thirdly, yes, Genos was very clearly going for the kill against Garou. That gives even more support to him scaling, since he was going against a Low 7-B Genos that was intending to kill him, and yet he was still able to clash and tank hits from him.

Garou downscaling just does not work.

I have a few issues with this.

First of all, an attack having a calc at a certain level doesn’t mean it is only that level. The Spiral Incineration Cannon > Genos’ physicals, and if we say Genos’ physicals are Low 7-B, then the Spiral Incineration Cannon is also that tier.

Secondly, we have Genos’ physicals at Low 7-B and Human Garou tanked several hits from him and clashed with him without WSRSF (and remember that Garou was weakened at this time). That means H-Garou’s durability and SS would have to be Low 7-B.

Thirdly, yes, Genos was very clearly going for the kill against Garou. That gives even more support to him scaling, since he was going against a Low 7-B Genos that was intending to kill him, and yet he was still able to clash and tank hits from him.

Garou downscaling just does not work.
Genos is only confirmed physically a Low 7-B in durability, not in striking strength, so I don't think Garou should be that level.

Not saying I fully agree as I'll put my points later. But I'd say Garou getting upscaled to Low 7-B is better than Genos being High 7-C and Low 7-B with JDA only.

Also even if Genos’ durability is the only thing that scales to Low 7-B, Garou ripped his arm off.

And I’ll admit, my headcanon is that Genos let him do that, but that isn’t actually stated in the manga so-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back