• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch-Man minor updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
that cockroach guy referenced the speed of light when boasting about his instinctive reactions to genos, something like "even if you hit me at the speed of light, you'd miss blah blah". does that mean that genos' incineration cannons are lightspeed?

Metal Bat was Low 7-B+ with fighting spirit, so his tier doesn’t really change here. Plus Garou scaling doesn’t necessarily mean everyone has to scale to Low 7-B since he does get stronger over time.

If Genos' physicals are Low 7-B, then Tanktop Master would be Low 7-B as well.
Watchdog Man is iffy though.
Royal Ripper and Bug God scale to Low 7-B though, since they fought a well-rested Post-Chapter 84 Garou.

Genos’ charged attacks (and durability) are Low 7-B, not his normal attacks. His normal attacks would be High 7-C/High 7-C+.

Sorry if this isn't related to the current discussion but regarding Blast's list of abilities:

possibly Telekinesis (Stated to rule over psychic powers), possibly Technology Manipulation (Stated to have the ability to command trillions of robots)

Why is this even on there? The "Possibly Mind Reading" has more basis than this. The source for these other abilities isn't confirmed to be reliable at all, is it?

Those have been on his profile for a while, but yeah, they should be removed.

Genos’ charged attacks (and durability) are Low 7-B, not his normal attacks. His normal attacks would be High 7-C/High 7-C+.
Would this not make Garou's durability High 7-C/High 7-C+ then? His AP can be low 7-B, but his durability has to scale to those punches

He was weakened though, so his dura can still be Low 7-B.
Okay.
Sorry if this isn't related to the current discussion but regarding Blast's list of abilities:

Why is this even on there? The "Possibly Mind Reading" has more basis than this. The source for these other abilities isn't confirmed to be reliable at all, is it?
Since you're here, could I get your thoughts on the Garou changes? Right now, Hero Hunter Garou is High 7-C+, scaling to Spiral Incineration Cannon. According to the suggested changes, Hero Hunter Garou would be low 7-B pretty much all around because he tore off Post-superfight Genos's arm and this version of Genos has Low 7-B durability that is somewhat above 1.22 megatons. This would obviously upgrade several characters, namely Royal Ripper and Bug God if we say that this version of HH Garou is stronger than previous versions. If we say HH Garou is relatively consistent in terms of power level, it would upgrade Watchdog Man (From at least Low 7-B to Low 7-B+) and Tanktop Master.

I think TTM should remain whatever tier Genos’ base physicals are, whether that be High 7-C or High 7-C+, and Watchdog Man scales above the Garou that surpassed whatever TTM will be.

And Genos himself would need his AP to become ‘High 7-C/High 7-C+, Low 7-B via JDA’ and his durability is just Low 7-B.

I think TTM should remain whatever tier Genos’ base physicals are, whether that be High 7-C or High 7-C+, and Watchdog Man scales above the Garou that surpassed whatever TTM will be.

And Genos himself would need his AP to become ‘High 7-C/High 7-C+, Low 7-B via JDA’ and his durability is just Low 7-B.
If you're going to downgrade Genos like that, it would be better to say Low 7-B with charged attacks, since Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon is at least Low 7-B, likely higher and Genos should be capable of other attacks like JDA like Jet Nice Guy's Jet Drive Straight.

Also, if we're doing this shouldn't we downgrade BoS Genos as well? If his physicals are 90% as strong as his 113 kiloton blast, then those would be 7-C.

I don’t see why BoS Genos would get downgraded here.

But yeah, High 7-C/High 7-C+, Low 7-B with charged attacks sounds better.

Punching the severaly damaged and weakened and mishappen Orochi Goo is not an AP feat. People are acting like that version of Orochi is 7-A when there is zero evidence, it's an entirely unquantifiable feat.
Psykos was still connected to that Orochi, so...

Psykos was still connected to that Orochi, so...
And? She was severely beaten up and weakened herself, twisted into bloody rags by Tatsumaki and deprived of all her power source as Orochi's cells were torn apart on a cellular level. She took the form of the jet as a last ditch effort to escape.

And? She was severely beaten up and weakened herself, twisted into bloody rags by Tatsumaki and deprived of all her power source as Orochi's cells were torn apart on a cellular level. She took the form of the jet as a last ditch effort to escape.
Well, Psykos was doing plenty of fighting with the body as well. That she opted to use the body instead of her own telekinesis (which should be 7-B) via scaling, makes the body at least on that level or higher.

Well, Psykos was doing plenty of fighting with the body as well. That she opted to use the body instead of her own telekinesis (which should be 7-B) via scaling, makes the body at least on that level or higher.
No? All of Psykos' physical attacks are when she's enveloped by a psychic aura just like Tatsumaki.

No? All of Psykos' physical attacks are when she's enveloped by a psychic aura just like Tatsumaki.
Well, if Psykos is using the body for combat purposes as well as flight (it's clear pure manueverability won't win her the fight when Drive Knight and Genos keep blocking her attacks, if that wasn't clear earlier), why would she elect to fight with a body weaker than her own?

Also you guys realize the absurd circular scaling, right? Let me break it down:

1. Max Effort Darkshine scales to Carnage Kabuto.
2. Gouketsu is well established to be stronger than Carnage Kabuto
3. Currently we scale Psykos above Gouketsu which I have no problem.
4. Puri Puri is immensely weaker than Darkshine, being destroyed by a sleeping Garou effortlessly and in the Webcomic his strongest attacks deal zero damage to Darkshine.
5. Suddenly you want me to believe that Puri Puri scales to a dude who is immensely stronger than Gouketsu?

Well, if Psykos is using the body for combat purposes as well as flight (it's clear pure manueverability won't win her the fight when Drive Knight and Genos keep blocking her attacks, if that wasn't clear earlier), why would she elect to fight with a body weaker than her own?
She is fighting as a last ditch effort, throughout the fight all she does is flee. She can't because of the barrier. And I established, she is weakened and beaten, she has no other option. It doesn't matter if Psykoplane is stronger than Base Psykos, Base Psykos has no physical feats but her psychic power is battered.

She is fighting as a last ditch effort, throughout the fight all she does is flee. She can't because of the barrier. And I established, she is weakened and beaten, she has no other option. It doesn't matter if Psykoplane is stronger than Base Psykos, Base Psykos has no physical feats but her psychic power is battered.
What do you think of the thing about speed?

Guess as big comment to overlook everything
Fubuki about to Class 100 for that.
Don't you need to divide the volume in half?
Tank Top Master will be upgraded to Class G because of this. We must also create another key for TTM.
TTM was amped by Blizzard. Its a temporary thing that he can't access independently and he doesn't need a new key for it
I also propose that Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame be classified as Class M, we have characters like Choze that in their human form were much inferior to humans Gale and Flame, and when he became a monster, he went to the minimum Class M, and being a dragon , he must be much stronger than him. Consequently, Flashy goes up.
I'm not for this. Lifting strength is not directly correlated in threat ratings or general power scaling.
Blast must also have an ''Unknown, likely at least Class G (brought Elder Centipede to the brink of death)" would work better. He's definitely physically stronger than most dragon level threats according to the narrative, but it's not definitive proof)
Beating something nearly to death is not evidence that they scale in lifting strength. We have people like Wonder Woman who can contend with Superman but have lifting strength ratings far below his because she just lacks the scaling and feats. We should scale him to the cubes since they can crack stone with their weight, but scaling him to EC in this area is weird.

My main issue is the upscaling. Sonic is slightly faster than a Hydrated DSK, but not enough to upscale to a new tier in my view. With the ten fold burial sure, but not before. More importantly than that, G4 Genos =/= early Genos. Scaling people like Suiryu and Choze to G4 Genos without evidence is weird and we shouldn't do that imo.

So people I can see with a MHS+ rating
  • Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame with MA era Sonic
  • Atomic Samurai (drew his blade FTE to Sonic in an audiobook encounter)
  • Boros
  • Kabuto due to how consistently and casually he blitzed Genos
People I can sorta see upscaling
  • CE due to PM speed stacking
The rest outside of those scaling chains I'm just honestly not seeing. We have to be careful with upscaling as well, since it can be difficult to explain and we don't want stats to come out of nowhere either.

4. Puri Puri is immensely weaker than Darkshine, being destroyed by a sleeping Garou effortlessly and in the Webcomic his strongest attacks deal zero damage to Darkshine.
5. Suddenly you want me to believe that Puri Puri scales to a dude who is immensely stronger than Gouketsu?
PPP is downscaling, first of all. Second of all, webcomic scaling is irrelevant so bringing any of that doesn’t help you. Third of all, it’s entirely possible that PPP just got stronger. As Nyan stated, he can undergo rapid physical evolution after taking damage.

Also there is literally no way that Psykojet isn’t stronger than Psykos because it’s still Psykos + Orochi. 1 + 1 doesn’t equal 0.5.

My main issue is the upscaling. Sonic is slightly faster than a Hydrated DSK, but not enough to upscale to a new tier in my view. With the ten fold burial sure, but not before. More importantly than that, G4 Genos =/= early Genos. Scaling people like Suiryu and Choze to G4 Genos without evidence is weird and we shouldn't do that imo.
He’s upscaling from Dry DSK, as he’s the one with the MHS feat that’s extremely close to MHS+, not Hydrated DSK.

1. This makes sense.
2. Okay, makes sense.
3. Personally I think Psykos is weaker than Gouketsu, but I understand why she is ranked this way.
4. Agreed, this difference is reflected in their attacks on the Psykosjet/Goo Orochi, one attack from Darkshine is several magnitudes stronger than a couple dozen attacks from Puri Puri.
5. Puri Puri should downscale at least a tier from wherever we put Darkshine, I think. I agree he's rated too highly right now.

My solution would be to downscale current Puri Puri to "at least low 7-B+, possibly 7-B, 7-A at most". Right now, scaling Psykos to Gouketsu is a possibly and not a definitive scaling link. We could just get rid of the "possibly 7-A+" if it is absolutely necessary, and just upscale Psykos from Gyoro Gyoro, while keeping Psykosjet on that 7-B level. That would make Puri Puri low 7-B+ and the other heroes just 7-B to varying degrees.

It wasn't a Dry DSK that preformed the feat, since he did so when it began to rain. While he wasn't fully hydrated yet, he was stronger than he was right before.

It wasn't a Dry DSK that preformed the feat, since he did so when it began to rain. While he wasn't fully hydrated yet, he was stronger than he was right before.
Well yeah, but Sonic was still blitzing that version of DSK.

Guess as big comment to overlook everything

Don't you need to divide the volume in half?

TTM was amped by Blizzard. Its a temporary thing that he can't access independently and he doesn't need a new key for it

I'm not for this. Lifting strength is not directly correlated in threat ratings or general power scaling.

Beating something nearly to death is not evidence that they scale in lifting strength. We have people like Wonder Woman who can contend with Superman but have lifting strength ratings far below his because she just lacks the scaling and feats. We should scale him to the cubes since they can crack stone with their weight, but scaling him to EC in this area is weird.

So people I can see with a MHS+ rating
  • Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame with MA era Sonic
  • Atomic Samurai (drew his blade FTE to Sonic in an audiobook encounter)
  • Boros
  • Kabuto due to how consistently and casually he blitzed Genos
People I can sorta see upscaling
  • CE due to PM speed stacking
The rest outside of those scaling chains I'm just honestly not seeing. We have to be careful with upscaling as well, since it can be difficult to explain and we don't want stats to come out of nowhere either.
Darkshine would also upscale to MHS+ in that case, since he did defeat Kabuto in the VGS, so he should be comparable in speed to Carnage Mode Kabuto.

My solution would be to downscale current Puri Puri to "at least low 7-B+, possibly 7-B, 7-A at most". Right now, scaling Psykos to Gouketsu is a possibly and not a definitive scaling link. We could just get rid of the "possibly 7-A+" if it is absolutely necessary, and just upscale Psykos from Gyoro Gyoro, while keeping Psykosjet on that 7-B level. That would make Puri Puri low 7-B+ and the other heroes just 7-B to varying degrees.
I would just say PPP got stronger, judging by what Nyan said earlier in the arc. So he’d be something like ‘High 7-C, up to 7-B, possibly 7-A+.’

Darkshine would also upscale to MHS+ in that case
Yeah, I mentioned him and other indirectly at the end
The rest outside of those scaling chains
The people I mentioned are for the most part scaling chain origins. CK scales to Darkshine who scales to Bang who scales to other. Same with CE.

I would just say PPP got stronger, judging by what Nyan said earlier in the arc. So he’d be something like ‘High 7-C, up to 7-B, possibly 7-A+.’
I suppose that's a simpler way of doing it. I know current PPP is much stronger than BoS PPP, I think we could keep the two keys and do the second key like this "at least High 7-C, up to 7-B, possibly 7-A".

To be clear, the scaling chain for 7-A looks like this:
Gouketsu(715 megatons)<= Psykos < Psykos+ Orochi > Puri Puri Prisoner. Are we scaling Puri Puri to around Gouketsu in this case? That causes issues for the reasons Matthew pointed out, since Darkshine should be weaker than Gouketsu and Puri Puri is much weaker than Darkshine?

PPP earlier in the arc is weaker, yes. But if he gets stronger from taking damage, like Nyan said, then he’d have become stronger after getting dropped by Garou, and we don’t how that version of PPP compares to people.

PPP earlier in the arc is weaker, yes. But if he gets stronger from taking damage, like Nyan said, then he’d have become stronger after getting dropped by Garou, and we don’t how that version of PPP compares to people.
Good point. But unless Darkshine is stronger, Darkshine should still be weaker than Gouketsu and Puri Puri is still weaker than Darkshine

Post-Garou beatdown Pri-Pri Prisoner should just be "At least 7-B", with the "possibly Mountain level+" stuff being gutted from his Monster Association Arc key, or just straight up 7-B with a "Presumably got stronger after being beaten by Half-Monster Garou".

PPP losing the 7-A could work since he is downscaling from Psykos anyways, and he had to use a barrage of punches to damage her.

This is also a Garou scenario, where Psykorochi was pretty much near-death at that point, so there is no reason for Pri-Pri Prisoner to scale. The argument that "Psykorochi is automatically above Psykos" does not work here, because Psykorochi has been beaten, twisted, squeezed, partially destroyed on a cellular level, pierced, blasted, and exhausted to the point of becoming a blob of flesh and meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back