• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch-Man minor updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
...read what I said again.
I'm saying we should just do the simple solution here instead of all this convoluted scaling you guys are trying because you've all become reactionary to any Murata statement.
If that were the case, characters like Geryu would be solidly 6-C. We're just doing what was generally agreed on in that last thread.

Hm, almost like the manga-exclusive Orochi.

And she still has no confirmed disaster level, so you still can’t scale anyone to her based on that. That’s scaling based on an assumption.

And even if Psykorochi was considered a Dragon (even though that makes no sense), and kept Orochi’s possibly Above Dragon... that would mean she possibly scales above herself. Hell, that would mean Base Orochi possibly scales above her. Which is obviously problematic.
Bruh, Evil Eye is in an even weirder case since he is a Murata OC while Orochi is just a Manga exclusive and was still created by ONE. But man did this open a convoluted mess for scaling. I would like to wait and see what others think.

This went from a shower thought of mine, not meant to be legit to a full blown debate what

Orochi's above dragon statement came from Murata, so Orochi is only possibly an above dragon.

Even in that case Psykorochi should be above dragon by feats alone imo.
Specially if you take the " become one with the planet " and the fact she was constantly gaining power in account.

I mean, Boros with the CSRC isn't threat level God and is only dragon or above despite the fact his attack literally would've wiped all of humanity in a short timeframe

Orochi's above dragon statement came from Murata, so Orochi is only possibly an above dragon.
But by the line of logic people are going with here, that would mean Orochi possibly scales above Psykorochi. And I don’t think I need to explain why that’s incorrect.

I think I’ve made my point, so I’ll leave it with this:

Orochi being ‘At least X, possibly Low 6-B+’ due to his Above Dragon statement coming from Murata is fine.

Assuming that means Psykorochi is a normal Dragon, only possibly an Above Dragon and then scaling Boros above her is 100% not fine.

I'm not saying we should go that route tho, and I've never said Pskorochi is purely a regular dragon, and I don't get why people would think that Orochi > Pskorochi? I was literally only throwing my shower thoughts here and people saw it as legit or something. I'm overall neutral to this, and I'll stay at that for now.

Last edited:
I’m not saying you thought that, it just seems to be the route that people are going down.

And Orochi > Psykorochi would end up happening if you assumed Psykorochi was only possibly an Above Dragon. Because if that would make her a Dragon (at least), which means Orochi would possibly scale above her, which is obviously a problem.

At least Relativistic+, likely higher (Blitzed Flashy who couldn't even see him move
My only real issue is this. Since there isn't indication that he was FTE to Flashy, but just dodged his max speed kicks. Just "At least Rel+" should be used.

It's more of a hypothetical scenario tbh, I feel like it shouldn't be taken as legit.

My only real issue is this. Since there isn't indication that he was FTE to Flashy, but just dodged his max speed kicks. Just "At least Rel+" should be used.
Your thoughts on what was discussed above?

I mean, Flashy didn't see him as seen here
I'm seeing that as more of his expressing shock that he dodged rather than FTE speeds.

Your thoughts on what was discussed above
We're not scaling Boros to Neuron Psykos atm. If AG get scaling that's fine, but right now no.

If you meant if Psyrochi is above Dragon, well yeah. If normal Orochi is Dragon+ then Neuron Psykos is obviously Dragon+ as well.

I'm seeing that as more of his expressing shock that he dodged rather than FTE speeds.

We're not scaling Boros to Neuron Psykos atm. If AG get scsling that's fine, but right now no.
As we saw, he was in the stance of the attack, and then realized what happened after black said "Calm down a sec"

If you meant if Psyrochi is above Dragon, well yeah. If normal Orochi is Dragon+ then Neuron Psykos is obviously Dragon+ as well.
No the issue is that, ignoring the murata statement for a second, if Pskorochi was only dragon level, it would mean the possibly above dragon orochi would scale above pyskorochi and stuff, it would lead to contradictions and stuff. There are still those opposed to this. I'm neutral tbh.

Lifting Strength

Powers and Abilities

Attack Potency

Meteor was accepted as Low 6-B, so we can climb Orochi, since both are higher than this level of disasters.

With that, Orochi should be:

Attack Potency: Small Country level (As an Above Dragon level threat, he should be superior to Gouketsu and Elder Centipede. It was stated by Murata that Geryuganshoop, Melzalgald and Groribas had little to no chance of winning against Orochi, even if they plan it properly. Being an "Above Dragon" disaster, it must be above the meteor) | At least Small Country level+ (Much stronger than in is before. Fired an energy blast deep underground that rippled the surface. )

Key: First Form | Third Form

The meteor calculation is 3.98 Teratons and Orochi would have to be about 1.8x stronger than before and its third shape compared to the others, is much stronger.

Speed

Blast should be:

Speed: At least Relativistic+, likely higher (Blitzed Flashy who couldn't even see him move)
add the supporters, neutrals, and opponents

If that how we're going to treat it then wouldn't Boros scale above Pskorochi since he is a dragon or above via WOD from ONE???
Boros and Orochi are both "dragon or above" and you don't need to lean on Murata's statement about Orochi to make that judgment. Orochi surpasses the likes of Gouketsu and Rover to the point where both are subservient to him solely on the basis of power, and Gouketsu and Rover are both seen as some of the strongest dragons (high dragons in other words). Granted, we don't know the precise AP ceiling for dragon level but narratively speaking Gouketsu and Rover are on the higher end (Gouketsu's recent calc supports this) and Orochi surpasses them vastly, likely with only a certain fraction of his power- Orochi doesn't seem like the type to pull out his final form to impress the likes of Gouketsu or Rover.

If Orochi far surpasses higher end dragons, that places him somewhere in the gulf between the upper end of regular dragon feats and the unknown gulfs of God level power. His arm's AP in his final form is about 1/15th the meteor's strength, his chest beam is unknown. Since the meteor is a very high end dragon level threat with just one attack, where does that put Orochi who can dish out comparable power again and again to an unknown extent?

So, in summary I think Orochi is an above dragon threat judging by his shown/implied AP and his narrative relation to Gouketsu and Rover. Psykorochi is stronger than him and is also an above dragon. Her feat is X1,500 stronger than the Meteor for goodness sake, if we're going to have an above dragon category she belongs in it without a doubt. Since Boros and Psykorochi are in the same tier (roughly) I don't think we can scale them as is.

The AP difference between Boros's released blasts (low 6-B if you want to scale them to the devastation caused by the ship) and Psykorochi's blasts is enormous... I wouldn't scale Boros above Psykorochi until we know for sure that Awakened Garou is stronger than Psykorochi, whether by statement, feats or some combination of the two. Since Awakened Garou is not in the manga yet and we're not scaling webcomic to manga content, we just have to leave Boros as is for a year or so.

I predict AG to appear in a few months, likely summer. The MA arc is likely to finish either around november or january imo.

But at the very least, you disagree with my proposal for Orochi?

I predict AG to appear in a few months, likely summer. The MA arc is likely to finish either around november or january imo
That's a possibility, but Murata's going to redraw at least 2 volumes rather extensively (volume 24 with Drive Knight+Genos and volume 25 with Orochi+Saitama). We'll get more content than 2020 for sure (4-5 more chapters), but I think the cadres fight will be longer and Awakened Garou will more likely appear in November, December.

Yeah. I agree. Boros' rating is fine as it is now.

Let us wait for new statements from Murata or ONE saying that "Dude. Boros still stomps Psykosrochi or Tatsumaki obviously. You guys were underestimating my boi", then we can scale him to AG and above them if it ever happens.

That's a possibility, but Murata's going to redraw at least 2 volumes rather extensively (volume 24 with Drive Knight+Genos and volume 25 with Orochi+Saitama). We'll get more content than 2020 for sure (4-5 more chapters), but I think the cadres fight will be longer and Awakened Garou will more likely appear in November, December.
And you're against my proposal? I'd say we do what kachon did and get this to a vote

And you're against my proposal? I'd say we do what kachon did and get this to a vote
Your proposal? Well I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, I'll vote on everything right now to clear things up.

Lifting Strength: Support. Although for Blast, I think "Unknown, likely at least Class G (brought Elder Centipede to the brink of death)" would work better. He's definitely physically stronger than most dragon level threats according to the narrative, but it's not definitive proof.

Powers and Abilities: Support.

Attack Potency: Support.

Speed: Support.

Your proposal? Well I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, I'll vote on everything right now to clear things up.
I agree with everything here.

However, Orochi (And by extension, Pskorochi) being a Dragon or above comes from Murata, and considering we treat his statements as possibly, unless backed up by ONE, Orochi shouldn't be fully Low 6-B+. My proposal is:

Attack Potency: At least Large Mountain level (Far superior to the likes of Gouketsu or Elder Centipede), possibly Small Country level+ (Murata state his disaster level to be "Dragon or above", and so should be superior to the likes of the Meteor. It was stated by Murata that Geryuganshoop, Melzalgald and Groribas had little to no chance of winning against Orochi, even if they plan it properly) | At least Large Island level (Fired an energy blast deep underground that rippled the surface), possibly At least Small Country level+ (Stronger than before)
I'm not sure why boros above pskorochi became a full blown debate when it was just my random shower thoughts and I wasn't being fully legit but ok

Lifting Strength: Support. Although for Blast, I think "Unknown, likely at least Class G (brought Elder Centipede to the brink of death)" would work better. He's definitely physically stronger than most dragon level threats according to the narrative, but it's not definitive proof.
I agree with this and everything else.

Anyway, I'll throw my 2 cents into here after staying neutral.

I still don't think that Orochi and Pskorochi are legit "Dragon or Above". For one, the statement comes from Murata, and I don't see why we should make exceptions to this case, especially when that goes against what we discussed in the seperation CRT, where even Murata himself considers himself to not be a 100 percent valid source. Orochi should be given the same treatment like the other statements

Nothing contradicts Orochi being "Dragon or Above"

Neither does 6-C Geryu, or Orochi > Boros' warriors or Bomb > Bang. And yet we don't make exceptions for those.

Their feats are worthy enough for them to be labbeled as "Dragon or Above"

What exactly defines dragon or above? OPM is pretty loose when it comes to terms like this. The CSRC fits all the criteria for Threat level "God". Yet ONE, who is the WOG, sees him purely as a dragon or above. You'd think the meteor or Geryu would be dragon or above because they are vastly above regular dragons, who are Low 7-B+ to 7-A+ or just tier 7, but yet they aren't.

That being said, while I do think Orochi should retain the proposal I gave at the beginning of the thread, and that he and Pskorochi ae not fully at above dragon level as the only true that backs it up is from a shaky source. I disagree with Boros scaling above Pyskorochi, with my reasoning being the same as LordTracer's, as he has stated above, excepts he explains much better than I ever could. To summarise my thoughts however: Boros being possibly High 6-A is plausible to an extent, however it brings in too much other questions and convoluted scaling that we're better off not scaling the 2, and just wait for AG.

To summarise: I stand by my proposal for Orochi, and I don't see either Pskorochi or Orochi as being 100 percent Dragons or above, even tho the idea of them being that level makes sense, unless they are stated so by a proper WOG or databook. But, while plausible to an extent, we should not put Boros above pskorochi because of what I just gave earlier and all the reasons LordTracer gave. Psykorochi and Boros are staying the same, while only Orochi gets changed

To think I'd have to talk this extensively about my shower thoughts.

Last edited:
Well not everyone agrees with the Orochi thing I think, but the rest is universally agreed upon in this thread so far. I think the edits cane be made for all except Orochi.

Last edited:
if Pskorochi was only dragon level, it would mean the possibly above dragon orochi would scale above pyskorochi and stuff, it would lead to contradictions and stuff.
It would require a lot of mental gymnastics and ignoring Tornado in order to get Orochi to be above Neuron Psykos.

Neither does 6-C Geryu, or Orochi > Boros' warriors or Bomb > Bang. And yet we don't make exceptions for those.
Bomb > Bang actually is contradicted because Fubuki blatantly states that Bomb is equal to Bang. (Hence why I removed Murata’s statement from Bomb’s AP justification during my revision)

Last edited:
Ah I see.

BTW, Saitama should have pseudo flight, as he seen being able to propell himself in the air at times to simulate flying. I somehow forgot to bring this up last time

Afaik he only does that in the anime. Manga wise he has hops but nothing like Silver Age Hulk flying via strong jumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back