• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man 7-A Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruh, I told you the problem was still exactly the same, Bomb and Bang would need to break a massive portion of EC's body in order to scale from the 7-A feat.

They should just go back to 7-B and the possibly 7-A should be deleted, that's it.

Bruh, I told you the problem was still exactly the same, Bomb and Bang would need to break a massive portion of EC's body in order to scale from the 7-A feat.

They should just go back to 7-B and the possibly 7-A should be deleted, that's it.
Agreed. The only way you can get it is calc-stacking.

Even the 7-A calc is wrong actually, as Boros' ship bullet calc uses an earthquake formula instead of the explosion formula.

Radius of City-A = 69.8 kilometers or 69800 meters

Explosion Yield = [69800^3*((27136*1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2]*4.184*10^9 = 114351919486286505717.87 Joules, 27.33 Gigatons of TNT (Island level)

To destroy City-A we only need an Island level explosion, I'm not sure why they used the earthquake formula, just to inflate the results I guess.

Why even use an earthquake in the first place? Was City-A stated to be destroyed by a magnitude 10 earthquake, which is what that calc assumes?

Intensity = (114351919486286505717.87/219774813.904)/2 = 260157015844.94 Joules per square meters

This is the intensity of the explosion from 4182 meters away, which is what hit the building.

Surface Area of the Building = 39314.61 square meters

Total Energy The Building Took = 260157015844.94 x 39314.61 = 10227971616707636.5734 Joules, 2.44 Megatons of TNT, Small City level

Last edited:
But wouldn't only half the energy go to the ground?

I thought that was the whole logic here, and it's why I even made the calc (keep in mind, I did think I divided it by 2, I just forgot).

But wouldn't only half the energy go to the ground?
I already took that into account by dividing the intensity by two.

Either way the feat is almost worthless, the building only has a total durability of Low 7-B, Elder Centipede already scales far above that.

I mean the earthquake energy would be equal to the shockwave energy.

Edit: Actually, nvm, they're not explosive weapons, just kinetic. So you have a point.

Why even use an earthquake in the first place? Was City-A stated to be destroyed by a magnitude 10 earthquake, which is what that calc assumes?
I've always wondered this myself. Why do we use the Earthquake formula?

On this note, is there a calculation for a building designed to not even move if it takes an earthquake?

No idea, I've noticed that some One Punch Man calculations use the earthquake formula, but I'm pretty sure the explosion formula is the default assumption in all these cases.

If some character comes and says they can destroy an entire 100 kilometer country, we use the explosion formula, not the earthquake formula.

I think people saw the old Orochi calc and just assumed it applied to literally everything. The meteor impact calc uses similar weird logic.

Why is their a material strength for the Hero Association building? Plus, metal knight's armor is also considered to be town level based on that. Wouldn't that be calc stacking?

So… is there something else we need to do here, or can the 7-A ratings (aside from the Gouketsu-level people, obviously) be removed now?

We can use material strength, but we can't add it to another calculation.

I'll just remove the values.

We can use material strength, but we can't add it to another calculation.

I'll just remove the values.
So, can we use this for Post Molt Elder Centipede's durability? Not considering Bang and Bomb, can this be used for Elder Centipede?

Actually, what would we replace Metal Knight's ratings with?
So, can we use this for Post Molt Elder Centipede's durability? Not considering Bang and Bomb, can this be used for Elder Centipede?
No, because you're adding it to another calculation.

Actually, what would we replace Metal Knight's ratings with?
For his durability, City Block level+. Small City level with preparation.

As for his AP, Small City level with Missiles. City level with preparation.

I've done all the revisions. Should we close this, or is there anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back