• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man 7-A Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, following the Garou thread, it was agreed to change HM Garou’s justification to this (with the tiers changed to fit this downgrade):

up to City level, possibly Mountain level (Grew much more powerful as he adapted during his fights with Rover, Gyoro Gyoro, Orochi and Darkshine. At his peak, he was starting to break his limiter and he overpowered Darkshine)
Also should I give Platinum sperm a key? Or do we still wanna leave that out?
Leave it out until he gets actual feats.

I think we need to see more before we add PS. Like speed, maybe additional abilities. I just don't think we know enough to give him a whole new key. Once we at least know the speed, we can add it then imo.

Hold on, the 7-A durability calc was deemed as unreliable in this thread, as Darkshine would need to destroy the entire building in order to scale from it.

So they should be all 7-B except Awakening Breath Bang and whoever scale from him, as he is "possibly" scaling from Gouketsu's 7-A+ feat.

Sorry, I stopped receiving notifications, what's with the possibly 7-A for Bang, Garou and co?

I know it's based on EC, but what's the logic specifically?

I'm fine with the second one, but I have a ton of problems with the first point.

Firstly, this wouldn't scale to Elder Centipede by logic. The guy is many kilometres in size, but the actual force to cut him in half or punch a hole through his head is far below something like the 7-A calculation by potentially dozens or hundreds of times because his mid-section is only 15 metres in width.

7-B is reasonable, especially when he barely harmed a heavily strained Bang and Bomb (they'd just performed a move that uses most of their stamina. For comparison, try to stand after sprinting for kilometres; you're liable to be in pain).

Secondly, as I said before, we need to figure out how much surface area Bang and Bomb affected before we slap on a 7-A rating.

Just saying EC's comparable to the MA is exact same problem as the OP brought up in the beginning of this thread.

Last edited:
I'll try to find the area of the portion Bang and Bomb cracked.
With a single strike with roaring aura sky ripping fist, ah. I see.

Alternatively, we could count the number of times they strike EC in the anime (45 by my count from 32 seconds to 38 seconds) and divide the total durability of his entire surface by that number. Using a 15 meter width and a 1758 meter length (Dark Carioca's calc), I get a surface area of...

(2*7.5*1758)+(2*7.5*2)= 82938.046m2,

Multiplied by Therefir's 10.46 kilotons, 882.461 megatons to destroy EC's entire carapace assuming it's equal to MK's ship.

882.461/46 = 19.184 megatons per strike, 7-B.

Your method is certainly more precise for a certain strike, but perhaps there will be some useful information in there.

Theres no way. It feels BS lowkey..
Well if EC is more durable than Metal Knight's drones, which are made of the same stuff as the exterior- it makes sense. The concept of calc stacking exists to prevent circular scaling and overruling more obvious narrative/stated/demonstrated scaling with long scaling chains.

By that logic, we can just apply someone's speed to another to calculate any blitzing result. The fact is, MK's drone durability is found by a calculation.

By that logic, we can just apply someone's speed to another to calculate any blitzing result. The fact is, MK's drone durability is found by a calculation.
I suppose if we knew the limits of their reaction speed, that would be true. But reaction speed/attack speed/movement speed all vary so much that using irl modifiers for fictional characters can lead to misleading results.

It's the same with durability. If we have a statement that his armour has so and so durability, we could use it, but there isn't.

With a single strike with roaring aura sky ripping fist, ah. I see.

Alternatively, we could count the number of times they strike EC in the anime (45 by my count from 32 seconds to 38 seconds) and divide the total durability of his entire surface by that number. Using a 15 meter width and a 1758 meter length (Dark Carioca's calc), I get a surface area of...

(2*7.5*1758)+(2*7.5*2)= 82938.046m2,

Multiplied by Therefir's 10.46 kilotons, 882.461 megatons to destroy EC's entire carapace assuming it's equal to MK's ship.

882.461/46 = 19.184 megatons per strike, 7-B.

Your method is certainly more precise for a certain strike, but perhaps there will be some useful information in there.
Even if were are using it Isn't Dark Carioca's calc not accepted and we have another calc for EC size.

Now for my calculation.

This combined blow affected about 13 sections of Elder Centipede, including its head. Keep in mind that this is only what we see, so the result is possibly higher to an unknown extent.

EC's mid-section was calculated to be 15 metres in width. He's actually smaller near the head, but I'll balance out the low-ball with a high-ball. If we go by this panel, the sections are almost 18 metres in length (I'm just using 18, because who cares). 13 x 18 = 234 m.

In this panel, the width of the carapace is 40 metres (again, a little under, but who cares).

Using an elliptical cylinder, the area is 21275.28 square metres, which is just over half the Association's area. So Bang and Bomb individually are just barely Mountain level via calc stacking.

Again, it could be higher or lower, especially since EC has parts that would definitely add and detract from surface area like panels.

Last edited:
Even if were are using it Isn't Dark Carioca's calc not accepted and we have another calc for EC size.
Precisely why I say Dark Carioca's calc should be used instead of Usklaverei's, EC only gets close to being 315 meters short in the panel where Metal Knight's drone bombards him with missiles. In every other panel, the visible portions of EC range around and above 1 kilometer. To support the calc, I think I will pixel scale every single one of EC's appearances again to support a 1758 length

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back