• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man 7-A Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all starts with this calculation.

From this it is obtained that the "Whole Building" is able to withstand an energy of 837 Megatons and that each 1 m^2 panel can receive 21 Kilotons without a scratch.

Darkshine then manages to break a wall of the Association of Heroes, precisely fragment 4 m^2 so it scales the energy that these walls are capable of resisting (84 Kilotons).

Darkshine does not scale to the resistance of the entire building because it did not fragment it completely.

Same with the Metal Knight, unless you have a Mecha of a similar size to the building you cannot scale to 7-A+.

To obtain the durability of Metal Knight, it would be necessary to calculate its surface area and multiply it by the 21 kilotons that each m^2 of this material is capable of resisting.

Last edited:
This makes sense, Darkshine would need to destroy the entire building in order to scale from this feat.

I feel like this was debunked back when the upgrades were happening but then again im not sure. We should probably wait for ByAsura.

I think OP seems convincing. If this goes true then they go back to their old 30 Megaton 7-B ratings before the upgrade.

So here's the thing, the current rating stems from the fact that the HA HQ took a fraction of a larger explosion that destroyed City-A which was calced at low 6-B. So now we're doing a fraction of a fraction? Because I've never seen this done at all. Like for example if a giant character took a nuke and he was calced to have took like 7-C energy from the much higher nuke due to surface area. Then a much smaller character punched the giant and managed to deal good damage to a small area would the smaller character then not scale to 7-C, but instead the amount of damage compared to the giants total 7-C durability. No, the smaller character would just be 7-C.

Comparing this building to a giant is a bit of a stretch, while the entire building did took Mountain levels of energy, that is simply because of its size.

If Darkshine were outside the building at the time of the explosion, he would only receive Town levels of energy at most.

This case is similar to Gigantomachia, where he has Mountain+ levels of strength and durability, and Kirishima can pierce his skin with his hardened fingers, yet we don't scale him to the giant because the damage he caused is negligible.

It would be like scaling a needle to a punch just because the needle can penetrate our skin while the punch cannot.

Last edited:
In all honesty, I never liked these ratings. Genos was restrained by Gums, while TTM was able to press against Gums' jaws, so these massive gaps never made that much sense.
I feel like this was debunked back when the upgrades were happening but then again im not sure.
Qwasedf or someone addressed it when Darth Spiderr brought it up, so I was led to believe it was valid.
We should probably wait for ByAsura.
Tbh, I don't really know. I made the thread and calculation because we'd already discussed it.
I think OP seems convincing. If this goes true then they go back to their old 30 Megaton 7-B ratings before the upgrade.
Given how small the gap is (EC scales above VM's 30 megatons), Post-Molt EC levels could easily be City level+.

@Emirp Ok, then.
Wait a min now that I think about it even if we say DS doesn't scale to the building EC would still have his possibly 7-A right?
Technically no. The material itself only has a strength of 21 kilotons per square metre.

It'd be like scaling someone to a steel building because they're stronger than construction steel, which has a yield strength of 400-550 mpa.

Also, does this mean we're downgrading MK's durability to at least Town level (it was completely undamaged by the blast, so at least seems reasonable), or would Unknown fit better?

Speaking of which, I'll put all of this in the blog.

Going by our current scaling DS is stronger than both Bang + Bomb combined so he would be City+ if both Bang and Bomb are around 30 megatons each right?

Hmmm, I found a small mistake in the calc itself, ByAsura used the formula for omnidirectional explosions, but in this feat the explosion occurred on the ground. Quoting the Explosion Yield Page: "If it happens on the ground the explosion is restricted in the downwards direction and hence only expands in half a sphere.

(4680000000000)/(4pi((4182)^2))/2 = 10647.26 Tons of TNT per m^2

10647.26 x 39314.61 = 418.59 Megatons of TNT, Mountain level

Durability of 1 m^2 = 10647.26 Tons or 10.64 Kilotons of TNT, Town level

Hmmm, I found a small mistake in the calc itself, ByAsura used the formula for omnidirectional explosions, but in this feat the explosion occurred on the ground. Quoting the Explosion Yield Page: "If it happens on the ground the explosion is restricted in the downwards direction and hence only expands in half a sphere.
I thought I did that when I made it. Guess not, so I'll edit it.

Wait, actually, how would that affect the portion of the explosion that's already going to the building?
The explosion occurred when the bullets hit the ground, so the explosion expanded in the form of a hemisphere, and then it reached the building.

... However, the whole premise of the calc is shaky, as you only calculated the distance between the building and the edge of Boros' ship, and not the distance between the building and ground zero, which should around the center of the ship itself, in the ground below.

Or maybe I'm tripping and you already took that into account.

Oh my God dude, I've been talking about this from the beginning. Nobody listened to me.

But listen, the surface of a centipede's body is tougher than an association building, and the area is larger. Bang and Bomb destroyed it, divide by two, here's their individual physical strength.

The explosion occurred when the bullets hit the ground, so the explosion expanded in the form of a hemisphere, and then it reached the building.

... However, the whole premise of the calc is shaky, as you only calculated the distance between the building and the edge of Boros' ship, and not the distance between the building and ground zero, which should around the center of the ship itself, in the ground below.

Or maybe I'm tripping and you already took that into account.
I deleted the comments before you posted. I forgot that this was only the above-ground shockwave and not the earthquake.
Oh my God dude, I've been talking about this from the beginning. Nobody listened to me.
No, we did, it was just apparently debunked in the last thread. But I guess you're right now.
But listen, the surface of a centipede's body is tougher than an association building, and the area is larger. Bang and Bomb destroyed it, divide by two, here's their individual physical strength.
I wouldn't count on it. They did that with an unknown number of blows that eventually radiated throughout his entire carapace.

This, however, was done by one combined hit. It might yield something, but it's still invalid because it's calc-stacking.

Last edited:
Aren't there similar cases to this one? Like Armored Boros' durability being 6-A because he tanked an attack that broke a pillar on his ship.

Yeah, I agree with the OP.

Therefir also makes a good point on the original calc.

Aren't there similar cases to this one? Like Armored Boros' durability being 6-A because he tanked an attack that broke a pillar on his ship.
I don't think it's quite comparable. The moon jump's energy is imparted by Saitama's feet, whereas this is a city-spanning shockwave.

I have a doubt, assuming that EC has a durability of 715.8 Megatons could Bang and Bomb have an AP of 357.9 Megatons to be able to damage it with their combined attack?

Well if we're going to calculate EC's area and multiply it by Therefir's 10.64 kiloton per m^2, we should get this calc on EC's size evaluated, because EC is normally >1km in length in the manga (I've pixel scaled every panel and can do so again if this is in doubt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back