• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man - 6-C Calc Removal and Atomic Samurai Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but that doesn't really matter for scaling here.
-Atomic Samurai style involves inflicting a huge number of blows and turning the enemy into a bloody rain. Even when he pierces the target with 1 killing blow, he will still land a thousand hits to boot.

-Thread thinks it doesn't scale fully due to hitting a lot

-It has a connection

With the same reasoning with why it was accepted in the first place. It's the other side that hasn't provided anything new to refute that.
I have a feeling you're gonna keep refusing to give me any of the reasoning so I guess I'll just go and check out the thread where it got accepted first and see if I can debunk the outdated arguments

I have a feeling you're gonna keep refusing to give me any of the reasoning so I guess I'll just go and check out the thread where it got accepted first and see if I can debunk the outdated arguments
The reasoning has been provided for in this very thread. Sorry if you're not convinced by it, but it's there.

The reasoning has been provided for in this very thread. Sorry if you're not convinced by it, but it's there.
If the entire reasoning is that it took multiple slashes, then the counterpoint again is that we don't assume a character can output higher AP just by hitting someone more times, there's literally the wiki explanation that we don't really view chip damage as relevant
if atomic samurai can overpower a high 7-A attack with a thousand swings, then he can do it with 1 swing
end of story

If the entire reasoning is that it took multiple slashes, then the counterpoint again is that we don't assume a character can output higher AP just by hitting someone more times, there's literally the wiki explanation that we don't really view chip damage as relevant
if atomic samurai can overpower a high 7-A attack with a thousand swings, then he can do it with 1 swing
end of story
Obviously we don't accept that to be the case since the majority of staff disagreed with that reasoning the last time it came up.

There is also the context of the scene with Atomic unlocking the power of the Sun Blade and gloriously destroying the giant energy orb

Again, I see no reason he shouldn't directly scale when thats the obvious narrative intent. The number of slashes is also irrelevant when this is Atomic we are talking about, he slices fodder monsters dozens of times when he can literally kill them with a toothpick

@DarkDragonMedeus @Maverick_Zero_X @LordTracer @Abstractions @Qawsedf234

I've put the sandbox together for Atomic Samurai and Golden Sperm here.

Atomic Samurai is as he was before but I don't think that Golden Sperm should be directly scaling to the "possibly High 7-A" rating for the Sun-Blade.

As seen in this panel, Golden Sperm has the markings of where about nine or ten slashes landed on his body seemingly without any effect yet the Sun Blade is also shown cutting into his forearm when it makes direct contact. Golden Sperm's arm is then sliced through completely on the next page.

I think there is a clear discrepency between the notions that Golden Sperm can tank nearly a dozen hits without a scratch yet also simultaneously get his arm sliced through cleanly by the same weapon. The most reasonable explanation to me is that those cuts across Golden Sperm's body aren't actually direct hits with the Sun Blade but air-cuts, like how all of the ground around him and Homeless Emperor is cut up and damaged. After all, Atomic Samurai's reach with the blade isn't long enough to even reach Golden Sperm's legs, let alone the ground around them, so both the ground and Golden Sperm were hit by a barrage of air-cuts first, and then lastly Atomic Samurai's Sun Blade cut into his forearm and was stopped once it actually bit into his flesh.

So to resolve the issue, I think it would be better if we just rated Golden Sperm's durability as "likely higher" and avoid directly scaling between them. What do you think?

That makes no sense, besides, Atomic has shown that the range with his sword is far larger than just the reach of his sword.

Or Nichirin cutting an entire city block with one swing

That makes no sense, besides, Atomic has shown that the range with his sword is far larger than just the reach of his sword.

Or Nichirin cutting an entire city block with one swing
What I said doesn't contradict that.

Why would the AP of his slashes decrease with these "air slashes"? Just scale Golden Sperm durability to Atomic's because even if he got his forearm cut he still directly clashed with him and endured some slashes to his body.

Why would the AP of his slashes decrease with these "air slashes"? Just scale Golden Sperm durability to Atomic's because even if he got his forearm cut he still directly clashed with him and endured some slashes to his body.
The difference in what happens when Golden Sperm is hit with an air slash versus what happens when he is hit directly supports the notion that a direct hit with the Sun Blade is more powerful.

So to resolve the issue, I think it would be better if we just rated Golden Sperm's durability as "likely higher" and avoid directly scaling between them. What do you think?
Disagree. I see no reason to assume these “air-cuts” are any weaker than Atomic’s normal cuts, and Atomic‘s initial slash didn’t even cut through Golden’s entire arm, so I don’t see any problem with his durability being comparable to the Sun Blade’s AP.

Golden’s scaling should stay as it is.

Disagree. I see no reason to assume these “air-cuts” are any weaker than Atomic’s normal cuts, and Atomic‘s initial slash didn’t even cut through Golden’s entire arm, so I don’t see any problem with his durability being comparable to the Sun Blade’s AP.

Golden’s scaling should stay as it is.
Doesn't Golden Sperm not receiving a scratch from the earlier slashes but he is being sliced through when direct contact is shown support it?

Doesn't Golden Sperm not receiving a scratch from the earlier slashes but he is being sliced through when direct contact is shown support it?
Agree. The very fact that the GS's arm was almost cut off suggests that it is not as durable. He tried to block the blow and was defeated.

After all, Atomic Samurai's reach with the blade isn't long enough to even reach Golden Sperm's legs
Normally I'd agree with this, but the Sun Blade is shown to have the ability to bend, twist and lengthen in the same chapter.

Personally I would say just return him to his old "possibly High 7-A" durability rating. It only affects him, PS, Garou and FF anyways.

Normally I'd agree with this, but the Sun Blade is shown to have the ability to bend, twist and lengthen in the same chapter.
It's only shown to extend after the feat was performed. I don't think it'd be reasonable to assume it extended off-screen and shrank back down the very next time we saw it.

It's only shown to extend after the feat was performed.
It still indicates that it has non-solid properties like being flexible. The blade also wasn't that deep in GS's skin (compared to his total mass), so it could just be a solid hit rather than the other blows being weaker.

It still indicates that it has non-solid properties like being flexible. The blade also wasn't that deep in GS's skin (compared to his total mass), so it could just be a solid hit rather than the other blows being weaker.
The hit being a solid hit would be why it is stronger compared to the indirect blows that failed to deal damage to Golden Sperm. Golden Sperm gets hit once directly by the Sun Blade, and its cuts into him.

It's true that initial contact wasn't that deep... but immediate follow-up is that the Sun Blade completely sliced through Golden Sperm's arm. Considering that Atomic Samurai would have a "possibly" rating anyway for his attacks with the Sun Blade, and that is with a much larger barrage of strikes than what landed on Golden Sperm, I think that awarding Golden Sperm a "possibly High 7-A" rating is being too generous considering the character's lack of other feats.

Golden Sperm has nothing else in his feats or scaling that puts him at the level of High 7-A, and Golden Sperm's durability being higher than the "At least Low 7-B" he scales to for his AP feats can be covered with a simple "likely far higher" rating which acknowledges that his durability could be higher but to an unknown degree. Essentially; his durability feat against Atomic Samurai is not quantifiable and does not have enough backing for a "possibly" rating. That's how I see it, at least.

Golden Sperm has nothing else in his feats or scaling that puts him at the level of High 7-A, and Golden Sperm's durability being higher than the "At least Low 7-B" he scales to for his AP feats can be covered with a simple "likely far higher" rating which acknowledges that his durability could be higher but to an unknown degree. Essentially; his durability feat against Atomic Samurai is not quantifiable and does not have enough backing for a "possibly" rating. That's how I see it, at least.
I see what you mean. Then yeah I can see just a "likely far higher" rating covering the stuff.

I didn't know withstanding attacks and a direct clash from a High 7-A character means your durability isn't High 7-A

I didn't know withstanding attacks and a direct clash from a High 7-A character means your durability isn't High 7-A
Atomci Samurai isn't a High 7-A character, and Golden Sperm was ultimately sliced through by the attack.

I think he’s gonna be high 7-A anyways because of the high 7-A bang scaling lol
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

So far Qaws and I are fine with the sandbox, and LordTracer is against it. I will try to get more staff input.

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

So far Qaws and I are fine with the sandbox, and LordTracer is against it. I will try to get more staff input.
I don't understand why people try to scale Golden Sperm to High 7-A.

Atomic Samurai with Sun Blade should definitely be High 7-A, but he showed this level only with a direct attack. We have never been shown that air slashes are capable of fighting Homeless orbs. Only a direct attack could do this.
And how do we remember GS lost his hand when faced with a direct attack

Changes have been applied by another user. Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back