• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: High-Mid Tier Upgrades

Eh, I still think the low end is fine as I said.
Do you have any counter points to what I said above?

The trails of light are not consistent even in the same panel, let alone from different pages. The shape of this structure doesn't really follow anything concrete and can vary rapidly based on the smallest differences. Also I just noticed this, but in the calculation Therefir uses the distance between the two craters. But I'm 100% certain those craters are in the background, meaning they'd be bigger if they were on the same plane as the light structure.

So, why are we using the distance between the craters? If we're alright with measuring the size of the rocks using the light trails in these panels. Why are we not using the size of the light trails to find the size of the structure itself, instead of using the two craters that are clearly in the background? That seems very weird to me.

Also, is there even any reason to assume Garou's stomp alone is what lifted all of those rocks that high? It's possible all three of their movements from bouncing off the rocks, shattering them, or the intense wind pressure is what caused those rocks to be lifted even higher than what Garou's stomp did.

Considering how long these lights stay up for and how the shape of the structure is changing, I think it's clear to me that they're all moving those rocks.

The trails of light are not consistent even in the same panel, let alone from different pages. The shape of this structure doesn't really follow anything concrete and can vary rapidly based on the smallest differences.
I don't disagree but I think the low end uses a big enough sample size to make this acceptable despite the unavoidable inconsistency.
Also, is there even any reason to assume Garou's stomp alone is what lifted all of those rocks that high? It's possible all three of their movements from bouncing off the rocks, shattering them, or the intense wind pressure is what caused those rocks to be lifted even higher than what Garou's stomp did.

Considering how long these lights stay up for and how the shape of the structure is changing, I think it's clear to me that they're all moving those rocks.
I feel like the implication is that most of the propelling came from that initial stomp, i doubt what you said is intended to be much of a factor

I'm mean that's fine if that what you think, but I don't see that at all. In fact I think the implication here is that it wasn't his initial stomp and I'm actually confused why you'd think otherwise. Considering the shape of the structure changes completely, to me it looks clear that they're moving the rocks around with their movements.

But maybe it's not a clear cut as I think it is. I won't harp you on this point anymore, I'll just let others reach their own conclusions from what is already here.

However, that doesn't address my other points. Why are we assuming the light trails are consistent between pages when they fail to be consistent in the same panel? Why are we measuring the size of the light structure with the craters and not light trails themselves if we do believe they are consistent to use?

The light trails have different sizes in all of the panels being used right now, which is extremely iffy for me.

I'm mean that's fine if that what you think, but I don't see that at all. In fact I think the implication here is that it wasn't his initial stomp and I'm actually confused why you'd think otherwise. Considering the shape of the structure changes completely, to me it looks clear that they're moving the rocks around with their movements.
They're probably moving them, I just doubt they're moving them much, and given that they're not constantly moving down they can't be sending them upwards at all time.
However, that doesn't address my other points. Why are we assuming the light trails are consistent between pages when they fail to be consistent in the same panel? Why are we measuring the size of the light structure with the craters and not light trails themselves if you do believe they are consistent?
The light trails aren't inconsistent in the panel Therefir posted, some of them are just closer to the POV and appear bigger as a result.

The light trails aren't inconsistent in the panel Therefir posted, some of them are just closer to the POV and appear bigger as a result.
I feel like some miscommunication just happened here. They are not consistent in the scans that are being used.

Considering POV, those further in the background should be smaller. Yet as you can see they're bigger than ones in the foreground. Sometimes they're the same distance yet their size still varies. The only time they're consistent is when they're really far away.

If you don't believe they're inconsistent, why are we not using the light trails to measure the size of the structure here? (They are consistent to themselves in this panel)

Why use the craters that are far in the background in comparison?

I feel like some miscommunication just happened here. They are not consistent in the scans that are being used.

Considering POV, those further in the background should be smaller. Yet as you can see they're bigger than ones in the foreground. Sometimes they're the same distance yet their size still varies. The only time they're consistent is when they're really far away.
Obviously there's gonna be some inconsistency, yeah. Personally I don't think it's enough to be a dealbreaker, though. All calcs on this site have some degree of inconsistency.
If you don't believe they're inconsistent, why are we not using the light trails to measure the size of the structure here? (They are consistent to themselves in this panel)

Why use the craters that are far in the background in comparison?
I dunno, I didn't make the calc.

Well, it seems like three Calc Group Members are in favor of removing the calc altogether, and one is fine with using it.

Back