• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man CRT: Sun Blade Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proposal 2 looks baseless, so I'll go with 1.
The idea is that Golden Sperm scales above Homeless Emperor's individual strikes, which were calculated at 7-B+

I will count you for P1, however.

Not really. I mean, Atomic Samurai has like fifty different techniques that are hitting something with a sword and then it falling into a million pieces.
One hit that had multiple hits following after
One hit that had multiple hits following after

I have a question. If Goku were to shoot a genkidama, and someone wielding a sword cut it in half, would that person scale? If so, then why shouldn't AS scale, as he was able to cut the orb in half with one move.

I don't think so.

Let's say it requires a certain amount of energy to fragement an entire boulder; breaking it into tiny shards.

Would someone scale to that if they simply sliced the boulder in two with an incredibly sharp blade?

But the attacks aren't happening at the same time, just in quick succession. Unless every single attack managed to affect it individually, their AP would not stack to a level that could actually affect the ball.

I'm not saying they didn't affect it at all. Every attack had to affect it by some degree for their combined result to be able to disperse it. But that doesn't make his striking strength or his AP equal to the full ball.

Would someone scale to that if they simply sliced the boulder in two with an incredibly sharp blade?
The boulder is not energy and would not simply "regenerate" if a blade passed through it. I believe yall weebs call it Logia intangibility

The boulder is not energy and would not simply "regenerate" if a blade passed through it. I believe yall weebs call it Logia intangibility
I don't know if we even know that the energy ball would "regenerate" as you say.

We don't have a lot of info to go off for this.

I don't think so.

Let's say it requires a certain amount of energy to fragement an entire boulder; breaking it into tiny shards.

Alright, that makes sense. Let's try this then. If someone where to cut someone with 7-A durability, they would become 7-A, no? The orbs also have 7-A dura, so why can't he scale?

There's legit no real reason to assume AS attacked varied, this is just going into baseless speculation.

AS destroyed the sphere, no reason to assume his attack suddenly lowered unless something in verse suggested that it was.

I'm not interested in any upscaling or something. But if AS is scaling to it, GS should scale to it as well. Since he blocked those attack, and was confident in breaking the blade despite it cutting into his body. After that the Sun Blade acted different and sliced his arm off.

That attack is really the only one that appears to be stronger than his previous attacks. Like I said earlier, I'm fine with either full scaling or no scaling. Multiple slices dispersed a High 7-A attack, but multiple slices didn't do any severe damage to GS. The numbers of slashes not matching up exactly is just nitpicking.

I don't know if we even know that the energy ball would "regenerate" as you say.

We don't have a lot of info to go off for this.
A ball made of sheer energy should close itself like that, I think that would be the default assumption, and assuming that it wouldn't would point to it being dense enough to count as solid, and as such cutting it would scale to it.

Alright, that makes sense. Let's try this then. If someone where to cut someone with 7-A durability, they would become 7-A, no? The orbs also have 7-A dura, so why can't he scale?
We often do that to simplify things for the sake of character to character scaling, because the concept of durability is a messy black hole if you look into it too closely.

But in this case, I don't think we need to do things that way since this is AP to AP scaling in truth, and not really durability.

Actually, could someone double check what sort of effects HE's attacks have on their targets? If they have a kinetic/pushing sort of effect then managing to cut through one would mean overpowering its AP.

HE's attacks are always explosive in nature IIRC. When he hit Zombieman with a barrage of them (when the cadres surfaced), Zombieman wasn't knocked backwards, he was just severely injured/reduced to a gory mess.
That would still count as kinetic, I mostly meant whether it did that or burned things, if it were the latter then what I proposed would not work.

That would still count as kinetic, I mostly meant whether it did that or burned things, if it were the latter then what I proposed would not work.
Sure, but I don't see how that applies when slicing through it before it explodes. There isn't an outward force that Atomic Samurai is matching and overcoming.

Actually, could someone double check what sort of effects HE's attacks have on their targets? If they have a kinetic/pushing sort of effect then managing to cut through one would mean overpowering its AP.
I believe his blast pushed one of Child Emperor’s robots when it hit it, I’ll have to find the scan though.

I can only agree to scaling to it, or not scaling to it.

I cannot agree with divided the blades AP based on the amount of slashes. I'm very positive that is a big no on this site, unless it was specifically explain to work like that.

Because that isn't how this works. (Does a energy sphere even have durability?)
My thoughts are the same.

Sure, but I don't see how that applies when slicing through it before it explodes. There isn't an outward force that Atomic Samurai is matching and overcoming.
I would expect there to be, actually. I mean, the energy is still there, it's not inert, and an explosion is nothing but kinetic energy in the end (and heat but that doesn't matter here). So them tearing something apart instead of pushing it doesn't really change anything.

@Phoenks; TheRustyOne said he's fine with it scaling or not scaling, so you should put him in both Agree and Disagree.

I'd prefer to say I'm neutral, I understand both sides and think they both have reasonable thoughts on this.

The only side I disagree with is scaling the Sun Blade's AP down by the amount of slashes it did. I cannot accept something like that.

Either it scales, or it doesn't scale.

I'd prefer to say I'm neutral, I understand both sides and think they both have reasonable thoughts on this.

The only side I disagree with is scaling the Sun Blade's AP down by the amount of slashes it did. I cannot accept something like that.

Either it scales, or it doesn't scale.
Noted.

But, at the moment. I can't say that it scales. Not in the way that is being suggested in the OP.

Damage and Asura seem to hold very strong disagreements towards Proposal 1, so I guess we will wait and see what happens.

Unless I'm losing my mind, I don't think Asura has commented here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back