• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CinCameron20 said:
@Light - Anime is non-canon, and even if it was considered canon, the manga takes heavy priority over it when it comes to feats and dialogue. Been over this numerous times.
But that was only a secondary point.

@Cin

You keep brushing over what Damage and I have said.

Argument: If Fugi is so much stronger than everyone he would be able to one-shot them

Counter argument: No because you only need to be Duffy or higher to counter the meteors

Counter argumnet: Well let's say they were hit

": But they haven't been nor do they need to be

": But let's say they were

": They weren't

This could go on for circles until staff closes the thread because it is too long.

"Obviously if Kaido were to tank the meteors head on and emerge unscathed he would scale."

Remember I already acknowledged this above. The point is he has not. No one has.

This also applies to how others scale to Kaido. We should not presume to know specifics of what occured in past battles. What we do know from the lore is that Kaido is the strongest thing with an impressive resume and always comes out on top 1-1. Everything else is just speculation.

Also there was a discusion thread recently pointing out that a "one-shot" varies from verse to verse and a standard cannot be applied. Something to keep in mind since I keep seeing it brought up.

We're talking about the meteor's scaling before but I asked Ant to close that thread if we got this. But in said thread the great majority agreed with the proposal on scaling at least Kaido to the meteors.

In other matter if we will discard WB's calc again then we have no ceiling for the god tiers as some people said before. This means that even if Luffy gets a 250GT feat that shouldn't mean he's near Yonko level since we got nothing suggesting that and the scaling'd be easier without WB's feat saying "WB did this so are you seriously suggesting Luffy is near this level yet?". Right now we could say that WC G4 Luffy is 261GT for the 3x multiplier puting him at High 6-C and Kaido for one-shoting him.

And now that we got Aokiji's feat for scaling Tier 1, and if the majority agrees with Cin's reasonings about Pica then we have the Tier 2 scaling.

Aokiji's feat doesn't scale tier 1, Doflamingo's does. But I guess this does call for a moderate change.

Aokiji's is for the Admirals to place them as "At least 6-C+, likely High 6-C" since Aokiji did that, and all 3 Admirals were capable of posing a threat to Whitebeard, even if none of them were capable of matching him for more than a brief moment.

It'd be the following:

God Tier: Likely High 6-C or At least High 6-C depending who we're looking at. Basically scaling to the 345GT meteorite

Tier 1 (): At least 6-C+, likely High 6-C (Scaling to Aokiji and the other Admirals) - Scaling from the 81GT feat, and fending off High 6-C characters such as Whitebeard (who would be comparable to Big Mom and Kaido. Also scaling above Doflamingo).

Tier 1.5 (The wider ranged tier): 6-C+ or High 6-C depending who and which form (Base Doflamingo, Luffy Gears, and similarly powerful characters including Fujitora [w/out meteorites] are 6-C+ at 85GT. Gear 4th Luffy, Yonko Commanders, and Doflamingo's Awakening [and durability] scale 3x higher than this, but Doflamingo gets a "likely" since he didn't exactly match Gear 4th from what was seen on-panel)

and so on for Tier 2 and 3 like in the original post.

@Calaca

Yes. We already decided to scale the strongest characters to the meteorites in the other thread. I would appreciate if we could move on from that topic, and that it is better to scale from Fujitora than Whitebeard's likely unquantifiable feat.

@CinCameron20

I am fine with placing the admirals at "At least Island level+, likely Large Island level", but am uncertain about tier 1.5, as you call it.

Wait, we're still discussing on whether characters should scale to the meteors? I thought we all agreed on this a while ago.

@Ant - the Tier 1.5 are characters who do not scale to the Admirals, but have direct scalings to Luffy and the commanders. They are both tier 1, but the 1.5 suggests that they scale to something different.

Well, I would personally prefer to rate them a bit lower than the admirals.

I agree with those ratings.

I want to talk about Luffy's tiering. It should be like this:

Luffy: At least Island level+ at base and with 2nd and 3rd Gears, Large Island level with Gear 4th, likely higher with his strongest attacks.

But this is for Dressrosa Luffy. In this thread it was accepted that Whole Cake Luffy has improved in his fight against Katakuri and if we follow the same rules then Gear 3rd scales to High 6-C aswell. Actually I later seen that if a character actually damage other then he scales but I'm not sure if we can scale Base Luffy to at least baseline High 6-C yet. Thoughts about this? If you agree then WC Luffy would be: Large Island level at base and with Gears and higher with strongest attacks.

I think that seems exaggerated, considering that the admirals are likely considerably stronger, and that Kaido one-shot him.

Can anyone explain why top tier lifting strenght is Class T? Garp feat is 356 millions of tons, and Jozu is 876 millons.

KobsterHope07 said:
I think it due to to Fujitora who could casually lift tens of billions of metric tons with casual effort
I don't see why anyone would scale to that tbh...

KobsterHope07 said:
I think it due to to Fujitora who could casually lift tens of billions of metric tons with casual effort
fujitora uses his gravity powers to do that. nobody in one piece besides him (and maybe shiki) has those abilities, so i don't think anyone would scale.

Tjeiretically wouldn't antyobe who can tank Fujitora's gravity scale to him? The gravity was strong enough to pull a meteor to create High 6-C destructive force. (I still think the BC tanked most of it since the meteor only destroyed a few city blocks)

@Damage okay thanks

@Light: Someone should calculate the gravity since that is Fugi's actual energy instead of enviroment. Then this coud be cleared up quickly.

Lightbuster30 said:
Tjeiretically wouldn't antyobe who can tank Fujitora's gravity scale to him? The gravity was strong enough to pull a meteor to create High 6-C destructive force. (I still think the BC tanked most of it since the meteor only destroyed a few city blocks)
that's not how lifting strength works. lifting strength and durability has nothing to do with each other iirc.

Anyway as long as we're discusing tiers:

God Tier: Kaido

Tier 1: Roger, WB Prime (P), BM (p), Shiki (p), Garp (p), Kong (p), SenGoku (p)

Tier 2: Shanks, BB, Dragon, Rayleight (p), Mihawk

Tier 2.5: Akainu, Akoji, Kizaru, Fugi, Greenbull

Tier 3: Luffy, Katakuri, Jack, Benn, Marco, etc.

I didn't want to bring it up until it was fully accepted but the new calculatio for Fujitora's meteor and the Birdcage has been provisionally accepted (and just needs discussion on whether it is more suitable than the previous calc).

This will have some bearings on the discussion here.

I think that Gol. D. Roger, Kaido, Big Mom, Shanks, Whitebeard, Blackbeard, Akainu, Sengoku, Garp, and Mihawk are all roughly comparable. There are differences, but not overwhelming ones.

Antvasima said:
I think that Gol. D. Roger, Kaido, Big Mom, Shanks, Whitebeard, Blackbeard, Akainu, Sengoku, Garp, and Mihawk are all roughly comparable. There are differences, but not overwhelming ones.
What about Aokiji and Kizaru?

Aokiji should obviously scale

He fought Akainu to a stalemate for 2 weeks

I guess Kizaru also scales since he's part of the Colored Trio

Akainu and Aokiji are comparable to each other because of their 10-day duel.

Prime Whitebeard is comparable to Gol D. Roger as he's known as the only man that could fight the Pirate King.

Shanks and Mihawk are roughly comparable to each other as they used to spar often.

Shanks and Akainu are roughly comparable because Shanks could block a casual magma-punch from Akainu with one arm.

Shanks and Old Whitebeard are comparable because they clashed with each other during their meeting.

Current Blackbeard is an unknown tbh because of him potentially having many, many Devil Fruits now.

"Shanks and Akainu are roughly comparable because Shanks could block a casual magma-punch from Akainu with one arm."

The only one I disagree with is this one. Shanks already scales to Old-WB who scales above Akainu. Shanks blocking Akainu is a supportign feat for his superiority and should not be misinterpreted as a feat for Akainu.

@Dr.Fix Kaido isn't the god tier of One Piece. He is comparable to the Yonko and is thus a Top tier. He definitely isn't stronger than Roger or Prime Whitebeard.

We were able to see Big Mom's performance during her arc. She easily withstood G4 Luffy's attack and easily overpowered Jinbe. By the end of the arc she barely had a scratch on her.

She still blocked Luffy's Kong Gun so she should be comparable but inferior to Kaido. She needed Armament to block it and Luffy suffered an improvement during Katakuri's fight so Kaido is far superior, at least physically to Big Mom but it's more than enough to put her at the same tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back