• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Minor spelling mistake spotted. Turn this fool into a Hollow.
fa2e56ca74b17e834b584cd82b19e1e20603afe5r1-1170-1367v2-hq.jpg

Before 00: CP0ロブ・ルッチと再戦し"ギア5"で圧倒する
Before 00: Rematch with CP0 Rob Rucci and overwhelm him with "Gear 5

Before 00: 黄猿と再戦し互角以上に渡り合う
Before 00: A rematch with Yellow Monkey in which they go more than equal. (互角以上 = more than equal)

🤔
So does it mean Gear 5 >> Lucci and base Luffy or gear 4 luffy > Kizaru?

The official coloring makes it seem like it's only ACoC or CoC, which explains why Kizaru could block it without getting the Hybrid Kaido treatment.

I hate Admiral fans as much as the next pirate, but how do we know this isn't referring to the overall fight?
because it's his base vivrecard, otherwise it would've specified gear 5 which it didn't

Gear 5 is clearly shown to not only overwhelm but completely outclass kizaru and one shot him

The the clear statements aren't even debatable in my view

Kizaru literally tanked all of Snakeman's hits, blitzed one of his punches to dodge, and kicked Luffy out the form.
Tanked one hit and said VERY powerful stuff after luffy overpowered his lasers... One punch was later about to go into his head and he had to dodge and fly away because he had no other option. He had to accelerate and charge up his attack to even able to get an upper hand... Stop twisting the situation

He also did not kick luffy out of the form as luffy was clearly still snakeman while flying away and mentions only the barriers doing damage from it's heat

Kizaru literally tanked all of Snakeman's hits
They were clashing with each other, "tanking" is not the right word.
blitzed one of his punches to dodge
Dodging a punch is not "blitzing", like i said, they were clashing with each other so him blitzing Luffy wouldn't even makes sense, unless you wanna argue his travel speed is superior to Luffy's punches, but then again, he was only firing lasers at Luffy instead of blitzing him all the time so i don't think his travel speed is that useful in combat.
and kicked Luffy out the form.
We never see the aftermath of Kizaru's kick, so this is just not true, also most of the @Damage3245 that Luffy receives is from the barrier.

Now, i don't wanna argue that G4 is superior to Kizaru, or even equal actually, i do think that Kizaru has been portrayed as superior, just not by that much.

Tanked one hit and said VERY powerful stuff
In Manga panels like this, they are just snapshots of the total action sequence. While the manga only shows Luffy hit Kizaru with his punches 3 times, it's obvious that they're having many more exchanges in this scene than just the 3 punches landed and 5 lasers shot. Just like how in this panel, technically we can only see Luffy's fist make 4 impacts on Kaidou. Does that mean that in that panel Luffy only hit Kaidou 4 times? Obviously not. The purpose is to show action, not a still image.

This was a mistranslation. Kizaru simply only said "You're tough," which isn't wrong and doesn't change the fact that Kizaru still beat him. Kaidou acknowledged the strength of Luffy but was still superior to him up until a certain point.
One punch was later about to go into his head and he had to dodge and fly away because he had no other option.
Do you understand how bad of an argument this is? You can literally say this for anyone who has dodged literally any attack ever. I can do the same thing.

That's like saying Lucci's strikes were about to hit Zoro's head, so he had to dodge because he had no other option even though we literally see Zoro deflect Lucci's attacks moments earlier and even come out on top in their exchange right after. Saying that Kizaru had "no other option" but to dodge makes no sense because similarly to the Lucci example I gave, we see Kizaru take Luffy's hits to his body without taking damage and then later come out on top in their exchange.

Even if Kizaru was forced to dodge, that still doesn't change the fact that in dodging, he also blitzed Luffy.
He had to accelerate and charge up his attack to even able to get an upper hand... Stop twisting the situation
Accelerating is part of his abilities. It's still all Kizaru. Using your abilities in battle to get the upper hand is literally the definition of standard battle tactics.
He also did not kick luffy out of the form as luffy was clearly still snakeman while flying away
He was in Snakeman up until a certain point where we see the smoke get released from his body. The same thing happens every other single time he got hit out of Gear 4:

Gets defeated by Kaidou, smoke comes out of his mouth after.
Gets hit by Kaidou, smoke comes out of his mouth after.
Gets killed by Kaidou, smoke comes out of his mouth after.
mentions only the barriers doing heat damages
Guess whose abilities the barriers were based on.

In Manga panels like this, they are just snapshots of the total action sequence. While the manga only shows Luffy hit Kizaru with his punches 3 times, it's obvious that they're having many more exchanges in this scene than just the 3 punches landed and 5 lasers shot. Just like how in this panel, technically we can only see Luffy's fist make 4 impacts on Kaidou. Does that mean that in that panel Luffy only hit Kaidou 4 times? Obviously not. The purpose is to show action, not a still image.

This was a mistranslation. Kizaru simply only said "You're tough," which isn't wrong and doesn't change the fact that Kizaru still beat him. Kaidou acknowledged the strength of Luffy but was still superior to him up until a certain point.

Do you understand how bad of an argument this is? You can literally say this for anyone who has dodged literally any attack ever. I can do the same thing.

That's like saying Lucci's strikes were about to hit Zoro's head, so he had to dodge because he had no other option even though we literally see Zoro deflect Lucci's attacks moments earlier and even come out on top in their exchange right after. Saying that Kizaru had "no other option" but to dodge makes no sense because similarly to the Lucci example I gave, we see Kizaru take Luffy's hits to his body without taking damage and then later come out on top in their exchange.

Even if Kizaru was forced to dodge, that still doesn't change the fact that in dodging, he also blitzed Luffy.

Accelerating is part of his abilities. It's still all Kizaru. Using your abilities in battle to get the upper hand is literally the definition of standard battle tactics.

He was in Snakeman up until a certain point where we see the smoke get released from his body. The same thing happens every other single time he got hit out of Gear 4:

Gets defeated by Kaidou, smoke comes out of his mouth after.
Gets hit by Kaidou, smoke comes out of his mouth after.
Gets killed by Kaidou, smoke comes out of his mouth after.

Guess whose abilities the barriers were based on.
F no am I dealing with this... I'll just wait for oda to even more clearly spell it out for the people that actually believe in this

They were clashing with each other, "tanking" is not the right word.
Kizaru visibly took 3 hits to the body.
Dodging a punch is not "blitzing", like i said, they were clashing with each other so him blitzing Luffy wouldn't even makes sense
Kizaru was able to move so quickly that Luffy didn't realize he was gone until after his punch missed and hit a rock behind him. The act of dodging itself isn't a blitz. It's a blitz because of Luffy's reaction to it (or lack thereof).
We never see the aftermath of Kizaru's kick, so this is just not true, also most of the @Damage3245 that Luffy receives is from the barreira.
Please reread the panels where Luffy was kicked by Kizaru. I explained in my post above.

F no am I dealing with this... I'll just wait for oda to even more clearly spell it out
GRaNx5HX0AAyZma.jpg:large

He already did.

In the vivre card, it states that Luffy fought evenly if not better than Kizaru. How could that possibly be referring to Base Luffy or Gear 4 Luffy when we know for a fact that Kizaru won the scuffle? When saying that Luffy and Kizaru fought evenly, it's referring to this panel, and when it says that Luffy had an edge, it's obvious that it's talking about the White Star Gun or Giant Luffy exchanges.

Back