• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

His eyes were closed tho
Right after he crashes on the ship, Lucci's shown breathing hard and has a dotted speech bubble that has a question mark at the end of it next to his mouth. He clearly wasn't passed out despite his eyes being closed. Luffy's attack only almost knocked him out.

Last edited:
This is Oda, he's not gonna have Lucci die in one hit. But he did look like a damned zombie after it
1111-004.png

Like, I knew he'd lose, and I was praying on his downfall, but this was just crazy to me when I first read it. Dude looked like he was genuinely dying.
That doesn't dismiss his feats as valid for scaling imo, "authorial intent" can only go so far and that's why we usually place little emphasis on it outside of direct statements

the difference is lucci literally right after he says ''im losing consciousness'' says ''cant hold on'' implying he actually fell unconscious lol.
Lucci also said he was going to fall into ocean because he was losing consciousness pre-timeskip, but he didn't.

Also, there are no panels showing him being directly unconscious after his fight with Luffy. And the next time we see him a short while later in the same chapter, he's back on his feet in his human form like he never lost consciousness.

That's literally irrelevant, at minimum you could have Luffy knock him out with one punch. Not clash evenly with him in Gear 5

It's pretty blatant Lucci has some top tier scaling, regardless of personal belief

That's literally irrelevant, at minimum you could have Luffy knock him out with one punch. Not clash evenly with him in Gear 5

It's pretty blatant Lucci has some top tier scaling, regardless of personal belief
The clash was a pretty blatant callback to Enies Lobby, just like him KOing him was a reference to Enies Lobby.

Lucci also said he was going to fall into ocean because he was losing consciousness pre-timeskip, but he didn't.

Also, there are no panels showing him being directly unconscious after his fight with Luffy. And the next time we see him a short while later in the same chapter, he's back on his feet in his human form like he never lost consciousness.
how does falling into the ocean correlate to him literally saying that he cant hold on right before saying that hes losing consciousness implying that he fell unconscious lol

the cope is unreal smh

I was actually going to talk about this, earlier. Oden is literally not at all involved, idk why this meme started, Enma is a seperate entity that uses Zoro's own Haki. This is like if they had a meme of Ichigo asking his Zanpakuto for Reiatsu, or Naruto asking his Shadow Clone for Chakra.
Speaking of Zanpakutos, my friend once asked me what would happen if each of Zoro's swords had a Bankai, so obviously I went "Well, he'd be the strongest Straw Hat. Honestly, the more interesting scenario is replacing every Meito with a Zanpakuto."

Now, I thought about that, and essentially, consider these factors:
-The Meito/Zanpakutos would be able to be picked up or held, but when wielders used them, they would pass through the bodies of people and hit them in the soul like a real Zanpakuto.
-Unlike regular Zanpakutos, this would be able to connect with any wielder, not just one.
-The Zanpakuto spirit would be able to communicate with the wielder.
-If synced up, the wielder could be able to use Shikai, amping the power of the Zanpakuto and giving it a special ability, and Bankai, which is... like that, but far better, typically amping the user 5-10x.

Essentially, my thoughts are that, in this scenario, since you would basically need Haki or a really good DF to fight on par with a swordsman who's got a Meito and is even with you, even packing a Meito at all would net someone a bounty in the millions.

Right after he crashes on the ship, Lucci's shown breathing hard and has a dotted speech bubble that has a question mark at the end of it next to his mouth. He clearly wasn't passed out despite his eyes being closed. Luffy's attack only almost knocked him out.
You can still breathe and feel emotions while you're asleep.

I didn't say it didn't qualify for scaling. I was giving the reason for why Oda had him clash with G5. Also, he did KO him with one punch.
Then what's the point of this? Like, the feat still remains, you can't really dismiss that in any way. He has top tier scaling, simple as that

Then what's the point of this? Like, the feat still remains, you can't really dismiss that in any way. He has top tier scaling, simple as that
I'm just saying that it's more likely he included that panel just as a reference to the Enies Lobby one, so you can say it's canon and should be used for his scaling, but it's not very likely that's true.
His top tier scaling is wonky, again the endings of his fights with Luffy and Zoro make me think he either downscales or doesn't at all.

Speaking of Zanpakutos, my friend once asked me what would happen if each of Zoro's swords had a Bankai, so obviously I went "Well, he'd be the strongest Straw Hat. Honestly, the more interesting scenario is replacing every Meito with a Zanpakuto."

Now, I thought about that, and essentially, consider these factors:
-The Meito/Zanpakutos would be able to be picked up or held, but when wielders used them, they would pass through the bodies of people and hit them in the soul like a real Zanpakuto.
-Unlike regular Zanpakutos, this would be able to connect with any wielder, not just one.
-The Zanpakuto spirit would be able to communicate with the wielder.
-If synced up, the wielder could be able to use Shikai, amping the power of the Zanpakuto and giving it a special ability, and Bankai, which is... like that, but far better, typically amping the user 5-10x.

Essentially, my thoughts are that, in this scenario, since you would basically need Haki or a really good DF to fight on par with a swordsman who's got a Meito and is even with you, even packing a Meito at all would net someone a bounty in the millions.
Given how Oda draws "here's how this inanimate object would look as human",man i would want to see how Zoro's reacts to what they look like.

I was actually going to talk about this, earlier. Oden is literally not at all involved, idk why this meme started, Enma is a seperate entity that uses Zoro's own Haki. This is like if they had a meme of Ichigo asking his Zanpakuto for Reiatsu, or Naruto asking his Shadow Clone for Chakra.
Zoro fans get so mad at such an obvious joke

I think, without Kaido saying "That sword bears Oden's presence!" or what ever, nobody would have said Enma is Oden's spirit helping Zoro or what ever.

Back