• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

I find it so hilarious how you say there's no reason to say that Sanji has to be close to "Zoro or Luffy" when it's Zoro who's always paired with Sanji rather than with Luffy in terms of strength and portrayal.

I mean Sanji is going to be the third strongest in the crew that will defeat the faction that Joyboy couldn't. How is he not going to be that strong EOS? Sanji was literally raised and trained by a Pirate Legend and was the second-in-command in a restaurant that was famous throughout the world mostly for how strong the chefs were and not necessarily how good the food was. Oda goes out of his way to show that Sanji is abnormally strong and is among the strongest of any given story arc over and over and over again. In Sanji's introduction he literally drew this.

"There's a clear reason that one has constant impressive feats against top tiers and can even take out high tiers with one attack while the other always faces the weaker opponent"

This is such a funny comment when comparing their opponents this arc/people they got feats against it was the opposite:

Zoro: Kaku, 1v2 against S-Hawk, Lucci (hasn't even seen a Gorosei yet)
Sanji: S-Shark 1v1, Saturn, Kizaru, Nusjuro

I mean even if we want to address the "hypetool" allegations, that's just blatantly wrong. If we're talking about Vergo, an already injured Sanji had the upper hand against him. Zoro would've been in a worse position than Sanji against Doflamingo since he can't even fly so the crew would likely have all been killed. I don't know who else Sanji was a "hypetool" to, and you bringing up him being the first result when you search is up is more of a reflection of how folks like you don't even read the story but instead downplay for no reason, but I digress. There's no real point in trying to defend Sanji when Oda does it himself all the time. Sanji and Shanks are literally the only people that Oda glazes in SBS' in regards to their abilities and powers. Hell, Oda's signature is literally Sanji. Any claim that Sanji is hated by Oda or is his excuse to hype the villains is blatantly wrong.

I'm going to say this and leave it at that. If Roger, Primebeard, or Shanks had Mihawk's title, no one in this fanbase would be saying having the strongest sword in the story or having World's Strongest Title doesn't mean you're stronger than every swordsman in the story. Especially when those same people will turn around and tell you Roger's Pirate King title means he's the strongest of all time in the story or Primebeard's the World's Strongest Man. They only say stuff like that because Mihawk has it. And I've seen others on places like Reddit and Twitter admit they don't want Mihawk to be that strong because it means Zoro will be that strong lol.

Last edited:
You can say what you want. At the end of the day there's a clear reason that one has constant impressive feats against top tiers and can even take out high tiers with one attack while the other always faces the weaker opponent and literally has panels of him getting overwhelmed by people that Zoro could beat come up when you look up "hypetool".
There is no reason to believe that he HAS to be close to Zoro or Luffy. It's just a myth. Oda just does whatever he wants with him in terms of powerscaling.
I'm not even worried about Źoro and Luffy, I'm worried about the Brook sneak...

I'm going to say this and leave it at that. If Roger, Primebeard, or Shanks had Mihawk's title, no one in this fanbase having World's Strongest Title doesn't mean you're stronger than every swordsman in the story. Especially when those same people will turn around and tell you Roger's Pirate King title means he's the strongest of all time in the story or Primebeard's the World's Strongest Man. They only say stuff like that because Mihawk has it. And I've seen others on places like Reddit and Twitter admit they don't want Mihawk to be that strong because it means Zoro will be that strong lol.
Do you think I give an f who’s actually currently stronger? There literally is no proof who’s stronger between them

I ain’t trying to debate with you on this bs topic which this only happens when Mihawk and his title come up

Strongest creature title, strongest pirate title, strongest man title + more, I all will equally ignore since they are simply just titles you can get within the op world

But if any of the titles get confirmed outside of just having that name/title (which is why the vivrecard specifically says Mihawk is the best swordsman in both name and reality and also confirms his title to be skill based more than anything with saying he has better swords skills than shanks) then I will consider it truth

Like bro… the anime, if I remember correctly the games, all fan books and even the manga itself all support the notion that Mihawk’s title is based/confirms only that he has the best swordsmanship and nothing else

Yet somehow people will still say he’s the strongest swordman just because it says “Strongest swordsman” on his title

Queen did not showcase an impressive performance against Big Mom. He held up, but it was very clear he didn't stand a chance.
I disagree. He took 2 of her enraged attacks with minimal damage and got up right after and dispatched her.

He obviously was scared simply due to the fact that she's a damn Yonko and he doesn't want to cause too much of a scene, but outside of his cowardice, he showed really good durability and good strength.

how does this not sound stupid to you

you're mad people are calling Mihawk the strongest swordsman because he's stated to be the strongest swordsman??
the same reason I don't use the strongest man title or the strongest pirate title with whitebeard, which even his profile doesn't use as a justification with

Or same reason with kaido (tho there might exist some support outside of that title that he truly is the strongest creature but idk if that's true)

But now that it's with mihawk it has to be true even tho it's a title within the verse and even outside and inside the verse only talks about swords skill for that title
you're mad people are calling Mihawk the strongest swordsman because he's stated to be the strongest swordsman??
I'm specifically mad that people are ignoring everything else to still say he's the strongest swordsman

I disagree. He took 2 of her enraged attacks with minimal damage and got up right after and dispatched her.

He obviously was scared simply due to the fact that she's a damn Yonko and he doesn't want to cause too much of a scene, but outside of his cowardice, he showed really good durability and good strength.
He has regen, so him not getting dropped is less impressive to me as it would be for some other characters. I'll agree that him staying up long enough to pull off a Brachio Bomber was good, but he was definitely getting his ass handed to him.

I didn't put him over Sanji lol. And my latest response was just a joke.
I don't even hate Sanji, any time I slander or downplay him is purely because his fans are being annoying to me at that moment.
And me saying he's below Zoro and Luffy isn't slander. It's just a fact.
You wouldn't say Shanks being below Mihawk in both skill and strength is slander.

To be fair, Big Mom used nothing but brute strength against Queen.
It's still impressive he could withstand a whooping from her and proceed to sneak her with Brachio Bomber, but I'm just saying.

I didn't put him over Sanji lol. And my latest response was just a joke.
I don't even hate Sanji, any time I slander or downplay him is purely because his fans are being annoying to me at that moment.
And me saying he's below Zoro and Luffy isn't slander. It's just a fact.
You wouldn't say Shanks being below Mihawk in both skill and strength is slander.
I don't know how Mndks saying Sanji will be Admiral level EOS or Ped agreeing with him was them being annoying 😭

I don't know how Mndks saying Sanji will be Admiral level EOS or Ped agreeing with him was them being annoying 😭
I didn't say they were annoying I'm more of referring to people that, say, will use Sanji kicking Nusjuro to prove he's above Zoro or something.

I didn't say they were annoying I'm more of referring to people that, say, will use Sanji kicking Nusjuro to prove he's above Zoro or something.
Btw on some sites Sanji fans were going even crazier than Kuma fans were when he landed that haymaker on Saturn. I have no idea why. Like, it was a good feat, but it's not like what Kuma and Luffy did to Saturn. They hyped that shit up way too much

Glad you knew better than to not include the "/s"

Anyways, what Sanji did to Nusjuro is better than Kuma and Luffy's feats due simply to the fact that Saturn is a regen merchant who was getting boxed up by Brook and Sanji's feat was in Base Diable Jambe w/o a named attack against a Hybrid + Haki coated attack.

Anyways, what Sanji did to Nusjuro is better than Kuma and Luffy's feats due simply to the fact that Saturn is a regen merchant who was getting boxed up by Brook and Sanji's feat was in Base Diable Jambe w/o a named attack against a Hybrid + Haki coated attack.
please stop.

"Sanji kicking Hybrid Nusjuro and drawing a bit of blood and a tooth is better than Kuma launching a full Zoan Saturn into a building and ******* up his jaw"
"That's nonsensical"
"LOL HES AFRAID OF SANJI BEING STRONG OH MY GOD"

Kuma punched a guy in the face so hard his leg fell off, blocking a hit and kicking a guy are not nearly as good as that.

Kuma punched a guy in the face so hard his leg fell off, blocking a hit and kicking a guy are not nearly as good as that.
We're talking about the same dude who is getting his body chopped up and injured by Usopp and Brook. Obviously it's a good feat, but like I said, what makes Sanji's feat more impressive to me isn't necessarily the kick itself, but the lack of amps he used to do it.

Back