• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

IIRC since recruiting Kuzan and fighting Marco, Blackbeard has spent his time sitting down in Hachinosu doing p much nothing but sending his crew around the globe, so there's nothing that really suggests that he's superior to himself from then by the time he fought Law.
I mean, him fighting the WB remnants is a spot where he could've exhibited growth, considering they had Marco, Jozu, and Vista, and the only guy other than him who can take out one of those dudes is Aokiji, or MAYBE Shiryu.

I mean, him fighting the WB remnants is a spot where he could've exhibited growth, considering they had Marco, Jozu, and Vista, and the only guy other than him who can take out one of those dudes is Aokiji, or MAYBE Shiryu.
The Payback War and recruiting Kuzan happened in the same year. Because of this statement, I'm pretty sure the war happened while Kuzan was part of the BB pirates.

I am not, when the f did I ever say haki don't grow in combat???
Akainu's will grow more than Big Mom's because he's the one with the weaker Haki. His Haki is the one that has a need to grow. It's the same reason why the muscles of someone who works out will grow while someone who doesn't work out won't.
No. It's simply just using your haki in combat... There's no, the weaker Haki users will always outgrow the stronger haki user...

Luffy's whole reason was to grow stronger than katakuri, not just beat him.
0886-018.png
0886-019.png

Luffy's greatest strength is his "absorbing power" to capture both the techniques and the hearts of his enemies.

Luffy, who excels at reading the emotions of his opponents, has an unusually fast "speed" in sensing the will behind attacks. This is one of the reasons why Luffy is able to acquire various powers through battles, such as "the power to see a little into the future" in the Katakuri battle and "shaving" in the CP9 battle.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From a mental standpoint, when Luffy faces a strong enemy, he sometimes says that he wants to "surpass" rather than "beat" him. He does not win by slowly wearing himself out, but by pushing himself to the "extreme state" that comes after he collides with an enemy at full strength, and he uses this as food for growth.
Ability to accept stress and strive for immediate resolution.
In a battle against unimaginable abilities, Luffy does not analyze his abilities in a logical manner. Luffy, who is always trying to immediately eliminate obstacles in front of him, has even inhaled Caesar's poison gas just to regain his vision. There are times when the situation worsens, but he overcomes the obstacles with his toughness.
What should I do if they can read my movements?” →He continues to execute his simple, but unbelievable thoughts, “I should also be able to see a little into the future.
He is a special "superhuman-type, Mochimochi no Mi, and even when he uses his high ki, his attacks don't hit, confusing Luffy." He is a fierce fighter who is far above Luffy in both "Hear and See" and "Armed" colors. Ability, power, speed, everything is of a high standard, and Katakuri is not even proud of himself. He was not an opponent that could be won by sheer willpower or perseverance, but...

No. It's simply just using your haki in combat... There's no, the weaker Haki users will always outgrow the stronger haki user...

Luffy's whole reason was to grow stronger than katakuri, not just beat him.
0886-018.png
0886-019.png
Exactly, so if Akainu's Haki is getting overpowered over and over again, how would it not forcibly grow to the point of being on Big Mom's level.

Again, this is even assuming he's not at that level already due to Kuzan and Garp clashing haki.

Exactly, so if Akainu's Haki is getting overpowered over and over again, how would it not forcibly grow to the point of being on Big Mom's level.
Getting overpowered /~/ trying to actually grow your haki by extreme usages
He does not win by slowly wearing himself out, but by pushing himself to the "extreme state" that comes after he collides with an enemy at full strength, and he uses this as food for growth.

Because Jozu got distracted. If he hadn't, they'd have been fighting for hours.
He was never shown to have gotten distracted toward the end. They both got free hits in the beginning of their fights. Jozu lost an arm and Kuzan had a small bleed from his lip.

I never said this?

If you have an assertion (Akainu can't beat Big Mom), then at least give reasons why. Don't quote my messages if you're just going to cope about stuff I never even said.
I won't give an actual reasoning since you literally have none yourself, you're pulling feats that don't make sense to then say he'll win...

Big mom has the feats... Akainu don't.

I'm not saying akainu can't be stronger or can't beat big mom, he literally just currently has nothing to that will prove that

Same way Elders aren't > Kaido

We know how Kuzan vs Jozu went the first time (literal neg diff), and neither Marco nor Vista can even touch him due to Haki diff, so I really doubt that Blackbeard had to exert himself to the point of him getting stronger afterwards.
To be fair to Jozu, dude was focused on Marco getting sniped by Kizaru after Onigumo (or what ever the spider VA is named) cuffed him with seastone, and then Kuzan snuck him and snatched his right (or was it left? doesn't matter, you get the point) arm and basically said "y'all got mauled lmfao next time pay attention fool"

Last edited:
Back