• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Like I actually get disappointed nearly every time kachon talks about the marines/admirals... 🙉
I don't see how that's a bad take

Law was able to deal significant damage to Soul Amped Big Mom with Kroom. Blackbeard was able to clash with Law's Kroom with his Gura bubble, and Akainu's devil fruit > Gura. Also, Blackbeard ran in fear of Akainu, meaning he should be able to replicate Blackbeard's feat against Law.

Akainu also counters Prometheus due to it being made of normal fire, and the heat of his attacks would allow him to hurt Big Mom in more significant ways outside of just raw AP. The only issue here is the Haki difference, but I believe that because of his endurance and stamina, the battle would go long enough to a point to where Akainu's haki would grow to similar levels to Big Mom's.

If Big Mom uses Hao Infusion in her fighting style, then the fight would be different imo, but just based on what we've seen and how she fights, in a fight that would take a long time to finish, Big Mom would end up running out of years to use for healing and amping herself.

Law was able to deal significant damage to Soul Amped Big Mom with Kroom. Blackbeard was able to clash with Law's Kroom with his Gura bubble, and Akainu's devil fruit > Gura. Also, Blackbeard ran in fear of Akainu, meaning he should be able to replicate Blackbeard's feat against Law.

Akainu also counters Prometheus due to it being made of normal fire, and the heat of his attacks would allow him to hurt Big Mom in more significant ways outside of just raw AP. The only issue here is the Haki difference, but I believe that because of his endurance and stamina, the battle would go long enough to a point to where Akainu's haki would grow to similar levels to Big Mom's.

If Big Mom uses Hao Infusion in her fighting style, then the fight would be different imo, but just based on what we've seen and how she fights, in a fight that would take a long time to finish, Big Mom would end up running out of years to use for healing and amping herself.
you speaking this much in defense for him is the bad take.

We know that Akainu's probably going to get some great feats since we're nearing the end of the story, it's only a matter of time until we actually see what could possibly happen

Currently is above admirals... And a little above aokiji in strength, That's all we actually know.

but I believe that because of his endurance and stamina
His endurance and stamina? iirc he was on the verge of passing out from (or did pass out from, for about 10 seconds,) Whitebeard's two enraged Quake punches.
It's still impressive he could endure those, but I just don't think he could survive getting wailed on by Big Mom for long (assuming this Big Mom is using at least 50% of her brain and realizes she needs ACoA and ACoC).
That's not to say it's easy for Big Mom, because as you said he can't be affected by Prometheus at all (honestly I don't think Hera would affect him either but Idk what electricity does to magma so), and his magma could probably burn her badly (unless it's revealed she survived the little skinny dip she had in the volcano), so it's gonna be hard for her to win but she could probably win mid to high diff.

Law was able to deal significant damage to Soul Amped Big Mom with Kroom.
Isn't that duraneg?
Blackbeard was able to clash with Law's Kroom with his Gura bubble, and Akainu's devil fruit > Gura. Also, Blackbeard ran in fear of Akainu, meaning he should be able to replicate Blackbeard's feat against Law.
Blackbeard may have run from Akainu because of many reasons, one being the fact that he feels double pain, and Akainu melts skin with a touch.
The only issue here is the Haki difference, but I believe that because of his endurance and stamina, the battle would go long enough to a point to where Akainu's haki would grow to similar levels to Big Mom's.
With this point in mind, why wouldn't Big Mom's Haki level just shoot up?
Big Mom using years of life replenishes her, and Akainu doesn't really have a way to do that, so she'd outlast him.

His endurance and stamina? iirc he was on the verge of passing out from (or did pass out from, for about 10 seconds,)
He was caught pretty much completely off-guard, but even at that, he wasn't knocked out as if he was, he would've fallen into the water just like the other marines. Also, all of Whitebeard's attacks are durability negation, something that Big Mom doesn't really have outside of Prometheus (which wouldn't work against him) and Hera (which wouldn't dura neg him due to him having superior heat resistance).
but I just don't think he could survive getting wailed on by Big Mom for long (assuming this Big Mom is using at least 50% of her brain and realizes she needs ACoA and ACoC).
Akainu is superior to Law due to Blackbeard not wanting any type of confrontation with him and being above Kuzan who had a very similar case with Blackbeard, so he can definitely take several hits from Big Mom. Also, I'm assuming this is in-character, so her using ACoC and/or Buso Emission are pretty low.

On the other hand, Akainu does use Buso Emission when needed, so he can definitely avoid taking bad hits if needed.

He was caught pretty much completely off-guard, but even at that, he wasn't knocked out as if he was, he would've fallen into the water just like the other marines. Also, all of Whitebeard's attacks are durability negation, something that Big Mom doesn't really have outside of Prometheus (which wouldn't work against him) and Hera (which wouldn't dura neg him due to him having superior heat resistance).

Akainu is superior to Law due to Blackbeard not wanting any type of confrontation with him and being above Kuzan who had a very similar case with Blackbeard, so he can definitely take several hits from Big Mom. Also, I'm assuming this is in-character, so her using ACoC and/or Buso Emission are pretty low.

On the other hand, Akainu does use Buso Emission when needed, so he can definitely avoid taking bad hits if needed.
Most of your points are fair but I'm pretty sure BB ran because he asked them for a ship and someone who could easily destroy that ship if they got into a confrontation over it was sent on it.
There would have been no point to it.

Isn't that duraneg?
Law couldn't pierce her skin and Buso coated body, so he needed Kroom to get by them. Bones are still very durable. Him breaking them is still a great feat.
Blackbeard may have run from Akainu because of many reasons, one being the fact that he feels double pain, and Akainu melts skin with a touch.
No, it was because he was simply just afraid of fighting him. Similar case with Kuzan.
With this point in mind, why wouldn't Big Mom's Haki level just shoot up?
Haki grows when fighting opponents with similar or greater Haki. It's the same reason that only Luffy's Haki grew against Katakuri instead of both of them growing at the same time.
Big Mom using years of life replenishes her, and Akainu doesn't really have a way to do that, so she'd outlast him.
That's not necessarily true. To fight against Kid and Law, she took a year just to amp herself, and then more to heal herself. We know just how lethal Akainu's attacks are. If she wants to avoid dying from like 5 direct hits, she's need to continuously use her own lifespan. She can definitely do that for a while, but at some point she'd be running out of life. As for Akainu, he can't really be affected by any of Big Mom's homies outside of Napoleon, so Big Mom would need to rely on her fists (not a good idea for the same reasons Ace punching him wasn't), or swinging her blade.

Most of your points are fair but I'm pretty sure BB ran because he asked them for a ship and someone who could easily destroy that ship if they got into a confrontation over it was sent on it.
There would have been no point to it.
He was hoping for a ship, but when he realized Akainu was on it , he ran away saying that he wasn't ready for people like him, and then said that he screwed up "big time."

Also, something similar happened with Kuzan, so that level of portrayal is petty consistent.

He was hoping for a ship, but when he realized Akainu was on it , he ran away saying that he wasn't ready for people like him, and then said that he screwed up "big time."

Also, something similar happened with Kuzan, so that level of portrayal is petty consistent.
Neither of these were Post-Timeskip.

His wincon is being weaker.
That's not his wincon lmao. His wincon is having attacks that can vaporize chunks of Big Mom's body if they as much as touch her.

BIG MOM's wincon is having stronger Haki, which won't be a wincon by the end of their fight.

Kuzan's was just a year before current events. Unless there's proof that either of them grew to different levels to the point to where anything would have changed, this is a moot point.
I mean, he was afraid of Kuzan because Kuzan could freeze him, that isn't exactly an AP feat.

I mean, he was afraid of Kuzan because Kuzan could freeze him, that isn't exactly an AP feat.
This argument is such a copout. It's literally part of his abilities. We know that both the Gura Gura no Mi and strong enough Haki can break out of Kuzan's ice via Whitebeard and Garp respectively. If Blackbeard was afraid of Kuzan's ice, that's more of a testament to his own strength than anything.

This argument is such a copout. It's literally part of his abilities. We know that both the Gura Gura no Mi and strong enough Haki can break out of Kuzan's ice via Whitebeard and Garp respectively. If Blackbeard was afraid of Kuzan's ice, that's more of a testament to his own strength than anything.
Isn't Blackbeard's Haki kind of dogshit?

Yeah, that's true.

Though, tbf, the BB Law fought was more experienced and skilled with his powers.
IIRC since recruiting Kuzan and fighting Marco, Blackbeard has spent his time sitting down in Hachinosu doing p much nothing but sending his crew around the globe, so there's nothing that really suggests that he's superior to himself from then by the time he fought Law.

IIRC since recruiting Kuzan and fighting Marco, Blackbeard has spent his time sitting down in Hachinosu doing p much nothing but sending his crew around the globe, so there's nothing that really suggests that he's superior to himself from then by the time he fought Law.
I'd try to debunk this but we literally never got a panel of him training or fighting (besides him raiding Baltigo) so I guess you're right

Haki grows when fighting opponents with similar or greater Haki. It's the same reason that only Luffy's Haki grew against Katakuri instead of both of them growing at the same time.
That's specifically because it's luffy... That's not just any haki users, you would have to prove akainu will grow more than big mom

That's specifically because it's luffy... That's not just any haki users
You're wrong.
you would have to prove akainu will grow more than big mom
Akainu's will grow more than Big Mom's because he's the one with the weaker Haki. His Haki is the one that has a need to grow. It's the same reason why the muscles of someone who works out will grow while someone who doesn't work out won't.

His wincon is having attacks that can vaporize chunks of Big Mom's body if they as much as touch her.

BIG MOM's wincon is having stronger Haki, which won't be a wincon by the end of their fight.
so you just said he can't vaporize big mom because of her haki and then assumed akainu will be able to win at the end because of his haki growing...

Definitely makes sense... Clearly big mom is winning because your argument is a complete assumption.

Back