• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

We don't call it mid, we call it dogshit.
naruto-naruto-fortnite.gif
Damn 🙉

Damn, I wasn't trying to insight a cross fanbase battle, just venting at how dumb the small DB and OP Gear 5 conflict was lol.

Will say that it's interesting how whenever OP gets dunked on in the other discussion threads people let it slide and don't bat an eye, but the instant the op thread starts throwing shade at other series, we get called out for it in the very thread lol.

Fr, though, I don't think Bleach and Naruto are that bad. I just didn't find them interesting enough to get through, despite One Piece being 1000+ chapters at this point and still holding my interest.

Roronoa Zoro:
  • Santōryū Ogi: Enenra (煙々羅, en'enra, lit. "lightweight-fabric smoke")
(Enenra is a yōkai, or Japanese monster, that is composed of smoke and darkness. It was first featured in the Konjaku Hyakki Shūi, circa 1781.
Enenras mostly reside in bonfires; when they emerge, they take human shape or form. It is said that an enenra can only be seen by the pure of heart.

Enenras are mostly considered to be demons or divine beings of darkness and smoke; legend says that there are two types of enenras, the first and most common type being enenras who are born purely as enenras, whilst the second and more rarely occurring type are humans who have died and been transformed into enenras.)
(Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onibi, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enenra)
I'm waiting 😔🙏

Y'all genuinely believe One Piece has characters on par with Itachi and Obito interms of complexity and quality?

I really want to know who these characters are, as in my read through of One Piece, which is currently around 660 chapters. I haven't seen anyone even close to the level of those two characters, much less the entire verse.
******* Merry has more complexity than any Naruto character

Fr, though, I don't think Bleach and Naruto are that bad. I just didn't find them interesting enough to get through, despite One Piece being 1000+ chapters at this point and still holding my interest.
Bleach from what I can tell is...fine.

Way too many transformations for me to remember, but characters are likable, well-developed setting, and the forms look edgy but in a cool way.

Mmm, kinda... I mean Asta looks like he has a demon inside him, as in you picture that as what normally a demon would look like

didn't really make sense, Idk how else to explain it 🤔
I getcha, just the way that the Haki spread from Zoro's arm and to his chest (as well as the horn) reminded me of Black Asta.

Origin: Enenra was invented by Toriyama Sekien for his book Konjaku hyakki shūi. It seems to be loosely based on a passage in Tsurezure gusa which describes the smoke rising from fires burned in the summer to keep mosquitoes away. Contemporary yokai scholars have also pointed out that this yōkai’s name sounds similar to the name Enma, the lord of hell and judge of the dead. As hell is a place of fire and smoke, it has been suggested that instead of the spirit of smoke itself, enenra may actually be the spirits of the dead rising up along with the smoke. For that reason, enenra only appears before those who are calm and pure of heart and mind.
YOOOOOO, 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 pls

which is why it's a bit annoying whenever DB fans act as if SSJ is this incredible transformation and I'm like "bro, it might be a huge power boost, but that's all there is to it". I still love their looks though lol.
I mean, the first Super Saiyan transformation was marvelous, narratively speaking. It doesn't need to give you an extra ability to be incredible. The foreshadowing was great, and also handled prophecy without falling into the infamous "chosen one" trope that often ends up being mishandled (there's a whole video on that topic that's really good, actually). Super Saiyan 2 kind of stood on the backs of that with Gohan, tying in the rage we had frequently seen from him into the form, but everything else after that was just kind of... eh, at least in terms of the narrative weight it had.

UI was cool. I don't think I find it as cool as I used to, but it still looks cool and was foreshadowed and hinted at throughout Dragon Ball Super. It even packed some narrative punch, too.

Side note: I know Dragon Ball has never had the most complex or nuanced story, but let's stop acting like all it comes down to is yelling and people punching each other.

I mean, the first Super Saiyan transformation was marvelous, narratively speaking. It doesn't need to give you an extra ability to be incredible. The foreshadowing was great, and also handled prophecy without falling into the infamous "chosen one" trope that often ends up being mishandled (there's a whole video on that topic that's really good, actually). Super Saiyan 2 kind of stood on the backs of that with Gohan, tying in the rage we had frequently seen from him into the form, but everything else after that was just kind of... eh, at least in terms of the narrative weight it had.
I agree that narratively it's wonderful and it looks great, just that at the end of the day it's a pretty basic power up that some people act like it's this insane form. I was referring in a power scaling perspective, not a narrative or aesthetic sense.
UI was cool. I don't think I find it as cool as I used to, but it still looks cool and was foreshadowed and hinted at throughout Dragon Ball Super. It even packed some narrative punch, too.
I sort of agree with the fact that it's not as cool to me as it was back in 2017 or 18, but I still love it
Side note: I know Dragon Ball has never had the most complex or nuanced story, but let's stop acting like all it comes down to is yelling and people punching each other.
Facts.

Will say that it's interesting how whenever OP gets dunked on in the other discussion threads people let it slide and don't bat an eye, but the instant the op thread starts throwing shade at other series, we get called out for it in the very thread lol.
That's because people don't like Monkeman's criticisms.

I agree that narratively it's wonderful and it looks great, just that at the end of the day it's a pretty basic power up that some people act like it's this insane form. I was referring in a power scaling perspective, not a narrative or aesthetic sense.
That's fair. The narrative and aesthetic stuff is mainly why I think it's great. If we're talking about abilities and versatility, then yeah, it's not super impressive.

Though if you think about it, it's a form that multiplies power level by 50 times, so you could argue it could take you from 10-B to 5-C if it wasn't for power levels becoming more linear in Z.

I sort of agree with the fact that it's not as cool to me as it was back in 2017 or 18, but I still love it
The theme lives rent free in my head when I evade even the most harmless of things to this day.

Like honestly, the Saiyan and Namek Sagas were peak, imho.

People genuinely act like Gear 5 is the greatest transformation within the big three, when it just isn't.
I'm my opinion, it is and it isn't close at all.

This isn't to say that other people's opinions are invalid, but just to me personally it is the greatest.

Gear 5 represents everything One Piece. Dreams, Freedom, Ambition, etc.

Gear 5 is truly Luffy's peak. It is what Luffy as a character has been for tge last nearly 30 years and what he forever will be.

The way Luffy gained it makes the transformation 100x better. Luffy's death being the key for him to reach true, pure, unadulterated freedom is just so satisfying to me.

A man who is seemingly the incarnation of power, but at the same time a man who lost his dream. Luffy beating Kaidou instantly brought my mind to Roger's quote in the beginning of chapter 100: " These things cannot be stopped: Inherited will. People's dreams. The ebb and flow of the ages. As long as people seek the answer to freedom, these will never cease to be!"

Luffy's Gear 5 can not be stopped, not because of overwhelming power gained by stepping over others like Blackbeard, but because he carries the hopes and dreams of people whose freedom were stolen. Luffy is the personification of romantic ideas, bringing the dawn to the world, spreading smiles to the faces of everyone he comes in contact with.

For these reasons, Gear 5 is the greatest transformation in the HST.

This isn't to say that other people's opinions are invalid, but just to me personally it is the greatest.

Gear 5 is truly Luffy's peak. It is what Luffy as a character has been for tge last nearly 30 years and what he forever will be.

The way Luffy gained it makes the transformation 100x better. Luffy's death being the key for him to reach true, pure, unadulterated freedom is just so satisfying to me.

A man who is seemingly the incarnation of power, but at the same time a man who lost his dream. Luffy beating Kaidou instantly brought my mind to Roger's quote in the beginning of chapter 100: " These things cannot be stopped: Inherited will. People's dreams. The ebb and flow of the ages. As long as people seek the answer to freedom, these will never cease to be!"

Luffy's Gear 5 can not be stopped, not because of overwhelming power gained by stepping over others like Blackbeard, but because he carries the hopes and dreams of people whose freedom were stolen. Luffy is the personification of romantic ideas, bringing the dawn to the world, spreading smiles to the faces of everyone he comes in contact with.

Damn, this shit hyped me up even more for next week lol.

Tears in my eyes, One Piece is the greatest piece of fiction of all time.

You can't tell me the beginning of this video where G5 Luffy is jumping around to that awesome music doesn't immediately inspire you with hope.

Bro cooked a banquet

people can have whatever opinion they want on stuff, but if your opinion is ******** on something because you don't understand it ofc people are gonna say something. cant be complain when people do.

Naruto > OP btw

Back