• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

people can have whatever opinion they want on stuff, but if your opinion is ******** on something because you don't understand it ofc people are gonna say something. cant be complain when people do.

Naruto > OP btw
Cry more
middle-finger-orangutan.gif

Y'all genuinely believe One Piece has characters on par with Itachi and Obito interms of complexity and quality?

I really want to know who these characters are, as in my read through of One Piece, which is currently around 660 chapters. I haven't seen anyone even close to the level of those two characters, much less the entire verse.
complexity? there are none.

Quality? Luffy maybe but ehhh

G5 doesn't primarily excel in terms of design, nor does it specialize in terms of symbolism. It outclasses others in terms of style. This is completely different from design, and I'll explain why.

Basically, you're taking a character who has one set style of play, and altering it to a degree by giving him absurd increases to the extent of his abilities. Furthermore, you're making him a character in another type of media.

Essentially, the transformation makes him a completely different person, and that's good. His normal goofiness essentially takes over all other aspects of him, and when other emotions grow stronger, that serious unseriousness still remains.

And he even changes mediums, as mentioned before. He's no longer just a manga character, he's a slapstick cartoon hero superimposed onto a manga MC. And this is literally perceived by everyone around him, Kaidou basically said the exact thing I did, comparing him to a comic character(Kaidou is old, so he only reads newspaper gag comics, he doesn't read shonen or whatever because that would be something Oden did).

And on top of all this, we haven't seen another Mythic Zoan awaken, so we have no idea what else could happen.

I say this as a one piece fan, but the people who keep saying that Gear 5 is more iconic than Super Saiyan is just stupid to me lol. They're so full of hype that they just blurt shit out that makes them look like a bunch of dumbass fans that everyone else is laughing at. Like, the second hand embarrassment I feel for them is insane, whole ass meme vids are being made to make fun of them. As a fan of both OP and DB, this shit makes me annoyed at both sides but at the same time I can't help but laugh at the discord.
All of that hype for Gear 5th yet when Spy x Family Season 2 arrive, it will overriden it and make the OP fans who overhyped it in shambles lmao

Back