• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

I say this as a one piece fan, but the people who keep saying that Gear 5 is more iconic than Super Saiyan is just stupid to me lol. They're so full of hype that they just blurt shit out that makes them look like a bunch of dumbass fans that everyone else is laughing at. Like, the second hand embarrassment I feel for them is insane, whole ass meme vids are being made to make fun of them. As a fan of both OP and DB, this shit makes me annoyed at both sides but at the same time I can't help but laugh at the discord.
G5 is literally based off it to a degree.
Lol

Me personally, I think Ichigo's Mugetsu state he used to beat Aizen was better. Imagine defeating the villain by sacrificing your role as the hero.

"Gear 5 clears bro"

The Competition:

0420-012.png

0350-014.png

0162-012.png

0475-008.png

That goes to Broly's LSSJ transformations, duh. As in both the OG one with Pantera and the 2018 one, they both rock.
As a DB fan, it's actually a little annoying to me how all the super Saiyan forms are basically just power boosts and new looks. Don't get me wrong, I love how they look, but it's funny how all of them in the end only result in just a power increase and nothing else. Like that's good in a fight, but man, it makes you hope for more (which is why it's a bit annoying whenever DB fans act as if SSJ is this incredible transformation and I'm like "bro, it might be a huge power boost, but that's all there is to it". I still love their looks though lol.

That's why I like UI and UE more since they actually provide some abilities outside of a power boost (I just pray that Beast and Orange will also provide their own unique powers and not just be big power ups).

"Gear 5 clears bro"

The Competition:

0420-012.png

0350-014.png

0162-012.png

0475-008.png
Eh, at the end of the day, it's up to preference honestly.

With the amount of serious or edgy transformations we've seen in anime throughout the years, the simplicity and goofiness behind Gear 5 is wonderful to me. So while Ichigo's forms are definitely cooler looking (in my eyes at least) than Luffy's forms, I just adore Gear 5 lol.

I ain't getting into the power scaling aspect of it though lol.

Naruto has Sakura, which by itself already makes it the worst of the Big 4.

At least Boruto, for all its gazillion problems in both manga and anime, let her be a badass.

Y'all genuinely believe One Piece has characters on par with Itachi and Obito interms of complexity and quality?

I really want to know who these characters are, as in my read through of One Piece, which is currently around 660 chapters. I haven't seen anyone even close to the level of those two characters, much less the entire verse.

I would rather watch ceasar clown only laugh the entire time than watch sakura

And I'm even downplaying it
...****, just take my like.

The only thing Naruto does better than One Piece is fights.
Ped2018 L

Y'all genuinely believe One Piece has characters on par with Itachi and Obito interms of complexity and quality?

I really want to know who these characters are, as in my read through of One Piece, which is currently around 660 chapters. I haven't seen anyone even close to the level of those two characters, much less the entire verse.
2 good villains can't save an entire shitty series.

And OP has to balance hundreds of good characters.

You an op hater... You haven't experienced one piece. 🤫

I can't comprehend being a One Piece fan and calling Naruto mid (not saying One Piece is mid btw, it's just that Naruto does multiple things significantly better than One Piece. Both are great series)
Careful, or else you'll attract Arc and Slayers attention lol (I'm pretty sure Deceived prefers Naruto over OP as well, but I might be wrong).
This is why I hate Deceived.
Among other smaller reasons.
2019 ass take
Rare LordTracer L

I can't comprehend being a One Piece fan and calling Naruto mid (not saying One Piece is mid btw, it's just that Naruto does multiple things significantly better than One Piece. Both are great series)
We don't call it mid, we call it dogshit.
naruto-naruto-fortnite.gif

Gear 5 more unique than alot of powerups in the big 3 no doubt. If not the most unique one.
Not a fan of the design, honestly, but I like that it's the first genuine transformation Luffy has rather than enhancements.

Back