• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

tumblr_pguaahRZ811th8tuuo7_1280.jpg

Wow... They removed the best girl there 😪

latest
Why are Chopper and Luffy on there

Hot take: The rule preventing added anime scenes of manga fights being canon (aka what happens off-screen in the manga) should be removed in all the cases where it doesn't contradict the manga.

I mean, it's basically approved by Oda himself and meant to merge with the manga as much as possible.

This only applies for manga fights with additional anime scenes that cover off-screen stuff, not fights that are 100% anime-only.

Sanji vs King and Queen, the Supernovas vs Big Mom & Kaido, etc.
If this were to be added, then Hybrid Kaido > Zoan Kaido in durability.

If this were to be added, then Hybrid Kaido > Zoan Kaido in durability.
I agree with this.
Hot take: The rule preventing added anime scenes of manga fights being canon (aka what happens off-screen in the manga) should be removed in all the cases where it doesn't contradict the manga.

I mean, it's basically approved by Oda himself and meant to merge with the manga as much as possible.

This only applies for manga fights with additional anime scenes that cover off-screen stuff, not fights that are 100% anime-only.

Sanji vs King and Queen, the Supernovas vs Big Mom & Kaido, etc.
Scopper Gaban vs Oden

Well... If you calculate the feat of luffy dodging the laser and it gets approved you then can make luffy FTL... If there's already a Calc and your version of the Calc is different... You then give a reason to why yours is better and more accurate and stuff 🙈

Otherwise it's either because you can be slower than something yet still dodge it... Think like a football ball, it travels much faster than you but you can still dodge/ save it from getting in the goal

I'm a bit new here but can someone explain to me how Luffy dodging the pacifista's laser doesn't make him FTL?
It basically depends on how you dodge the light attack. Heck being MHS+ is technically fast enough to just barely dodge a laser for example.

If you just simply step aside a foot away and it passes by, then you don't need to be faster than it to dodge it.

An example of you being FTL for dodging a laser would be seeing the laser 10 feet away from you and then jumping 50 feet away from the attack before it even crossed the 10 feet.

Last edited:
Well... If you calculate the feat of luffy dodging the laser and it gets approved you then can make luffy FTL... If there's already a Calc and your version of the Calc is different... You then give a reason to why yours is better and more accurate and stuff 🙈

Otherwise it's either because you can be slower than something yet still dodge it... Think like a football ball, it travels much faster than you but you can still dodge/ save it from getting in the goal
Another example, you don't need to be as fast as a baseball to hit it with your bat.

Well in the anime it looked like he was just standing there, waiting for the lasers to get super close to him and when he dodged them he said they were "too slow"

Well in the anime it looked like he was just standing there, waiting for the lasers to get super close to him and when he dodged them he said they were "too slow"
Well yee, he is technically in verse/portrayed to be FTL post timeskip... But one version of the calc currently got around relativistic or something

There are many ways to calculate speed tho I think, so just currently we only have that version

If you can effortlessly dodge something like it's nothing and call it slow... Then calculating the movement speeds and thinking that's how fast he actually is, is just inaccurate (inaccurate to use it as his full rating)... That's like calculating a characters falling, accidentally destroying a mountain and then calculating it and say that's how strong he actually is

But yee basically it comes down to the calculation in this site

Last edited:
Does enduring explosions count as a heat resistance feat?

for example, character A endures an explosion that Character B (Who has several prominent heat resistance feats) was wary of taking head on.

Could we assume that character A has roughly around the same heat resistance as character b?

this involves two one Piece characters so I uh…thought it would be appropriate to ask here-

for example, character A endures an explosion that Character B (Who has several prominent heat resistance feats) was wary of taking head on.

Could we assume that character A has roughly around the same heat resistance as character b?

this involves two one Piece characters so I uh…thought it would be appropriate to ask here-
Yes

Depends on whether or not character B was just making a baseless assumption (usually not the case)

Is it Brook related?

Back