• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

「これ、何の能力かな?」

「悪魔の実の能力にしては、何でもできすぎだろう?」

フランキーが訝いぶかしむと、ロビンも「確かにそうね」とうなずいた。

「これだけ万能な能力なんて、聞いたことがない」

いろんなものを作り出したり、敵の攻撃を無効化したり――あらゆることができるウタは、まさに〝最強〟の存在だ。

「ルフィ、あんたウタの友達なんでしょ? なんか知らないの?」

ナミに聞かれ、ルフィはカレーをかきこむのを中断して顔を上げた。

「あいつ、昔っから歌はめちゃめちゃ好きだったぞ!」

答えになっていない。ナミが「は?」と聞き返すが、ルフィはまたサンジのカレーに夢中になってしまった。

「もしかしたらウタさんは、万能の力を与えられたのかもしれません。音楽の神様に……」

冗談でもなさそうな口調で言い、ブルックがヨホホホと笑う。

と、その時、音符に乗ったウタが、一味の席へと滑すべり降おりてきた。
————————
What do you think this could be?"

"Too much of everything for a Devil's Fruit, don't you think?"

Frankie wondered, and Robin nodded in agreement.

I've never heard of such a versatile ability.

The ability to create all kinds of things, nullify enemy attacks, and do just about anything else makes Uta the most powerful being in the world.

Luffy, you're a friend of Uta's, aren't you? Don't you know anything about her?"

Nami asked, and Luffy stopped eating his curry and looked up.

Uta always used to love singing!

That's not an answer. Nami asked back, "What? Luffy was again engrossed in Sanji's curry.

Maybe Uta-san was given all-powerful powers," he said. By the god of music ......."

He said in a tone that sounded like he wasn't joking, and Brooke laughed yo-ho-ho.

At that moment, Uta, riding on a musical note, glides down to the group's seats.
Sheeesh

although it may be a bit harder for Zoro.
741uue.png

Jabra doesn’t just tank stuff. He’s a master of Rokushiki and has really good mobility, combining Geppou, Soru, and Rankyaku for range. He also uses those as distraction to go for Soru amped Tekkai Kenpo attacks.

He isn’t just going to stand there and take Asura. He’d likely stay in the air and use Rankyaku to bait Zoro into turning to to mist to go for an attack. Although he would lose in the end, he’s not a stupid fighter and would definitely try to play around Zoro’s attacks.

Jabra doesn’t just tank stuff. He’s a master of Rokushiki and has really good mobility, combining Geppou, Soru, and Rankyaku for range. He also uses those as distraction to go for Soru amped Tekkai Kenpo attacks.

He isn’t just going to stand there and take Asura. He’d likely stay in the air and use Rankyaku to bait Zoro into turning to to mist to go for an attack. Although he would lose in the end, he’s not a stupid fighter and would definitely try to play around Zoro’s attacks.
I mean, I'm not saying he would just stand there while Asura happens. I mostly figured he’d do it as an interception to Jabra’s physical strikes. While he does have range, we know from his fight with Sanji he's more than willing to trade blows at close range.

He’d pressure Zoro with a combo of superior durability and speed in a similar way King did in Wano, but there's gonna be a point where he's open.

we know from his fight with Sanji he's more than willing to trade blows at close range.
And we also know from his fight with Sanji that he liked to trick his opponents and exploit weaknesses moreso than go in when he clearly has the disadvantage.
He’d pressure Zoro with a combo of superior durability and speed in a similar way King did in Wano
I completely disagree. He’s literally never done this before.

I completely disagree. He’s literally never done this before.
Never used his durability and agility to overwhelm someone? Because he literally did that against Sanji, im confused on your meaning here. I didn't mean like he'd literally fight like King, I'm just saying they both had similar advantages over Zoro.

And we also know from his fight with Sanji that he liked to trick his opponents and exploit weaknesses moreso than go in when he clearly has the disadvantage.
He wouldn't know he's at a disadvantage tho?

I believe your referring to when he lured Sanji into attacking him in the air with his second Diable Jambe, right? He only did that because he knew in advance how powerful that attack was. He wouldn't automatically be scared enough of Asura do attempt to avoid him like that.

Especially since he shouldn't really be that threatened by most of Zoro’s attacks.

Yes. He never did this.
Here he uses his superior mobility to launch several projectiles around Sanji, before moving behind him and punching him

Jabra using tekkai to endure Sanji’s attacks, before immediately jumping forward and striking him

My interpretation is very much in line to what he did against Sanji.

Assuming Zoro uses Asura to turn one of Jabra’s attacks into mist, Jabra would simply see that and dodge into the air.
That's assuming Jabra tries to use his slashing attacks, if he goes to engage in melee (which he does often) his body is entirely exposed to taking the attack.

We see in this panel, for example, he clearly intended to meet Sanji with a physical attack, instead of immediately range spamming while he was spinning

That’s not at all what King did. The way you worded implied that you were saying that Jabra would go in and attack him like what Queen does with Flying Pan.
That was because Sanji was spinning. We see that whenever Sanji is in an off-guard position, he goes for physical attacks. For example here and here.

Otherwise, he usually goes for longe-ranged attacks as shown here, here, and here.

That’s not at all what King did. The way you worded implied that you were saying that Jabra would go in and attack him like what Queen does with Flying Pan.
Wild.

That was because Sanji was spinning. We see that whenever Sanji is in an off-guard position, he goes for physical attacks. For example here and here.

Otherwise, he usually goes for longe-ranged attacks as shown here, here, and here.
No...?

Jabra was shown to be more than willing to engage Sanji in a physical confrentation regardless of if he was off guard or not.

Here are three separate example of him doing just that. He's more than willing to make use of ranged attacks yes, but saying he'll predominantly use ranged attacks until he finds an opening/his opponent is “off guard” isn't really completely true. He'll use both, he just happens to favor using melee when exploiting openings.

To add onto this, I see no reason why Jabra would just rush into Asura Zoro. He’s no stupid.

I can see him rushing into Zoro if he plans to bait him like he did to Sanji, but otherwise, he‘s much more likely to use a variation of Rankyaku and play around Zoro’s response by going up in the air or blind-sighting him with more Rankyaku attacks.

Jabra was shown to be more than willing to engage Sanji in a physical confrentation regardless of if he was off guard or not.

Here are three separate example of him doing just that
That’s not my point. I’m saying that using the instance of Sanji spinning as the reason as to why Jabra would rush into Asura Zoro is not valid at all.

For both Jusshigan and Maten-Rou, Sanji was right in front of Jabra, so there would be no reason for him to go for Rankyaku. As for Ookami Hajiki, it happened the start of the fight, so I don’t think it’s fair to say that Jabra would rush in to Asura Zoro, when this would be near the end of their fight, where Jabra already knows how strong Zoro was.

It’s the same reason why Kaku didn’t rush into Asura Zoro and instead chose to go for Rankyaku despite having shown to be comfortable fighting Zoro normally. Both Kaku and Jabra aren’t stupid. There’s no proof that Jabra would and there’s no reason for him, unless like I said above, he’s baiting Zoro.

That’s not my point. I’m saying that using the instance of Sanji spinning as the reason as to why Jabra would rush into Asura Zoro is not valid at all.

For both Jusshigan and Maten-Rou, Sanji was right in front of Jabra, so there would be no reason for him to go for Rankyaku. As for Ookami Hajiki, it happened the start of the fight, so I don’t think it’s fair to say that Jabra would rush in to Asura Zoro, when this would be near the end of their fight, where Jabra already knows how strong Zoro was.

It’s the same reason why Kaku didn’t rush into Asura Zoro and instead chose to go for Rankyaku despite having shown to be comfortable fighting Zoro normally. Both Kaku and Jabra aren’t stupid. There’s no proof that Jabra would and there’s no reason for him, unless like I said above, he’s baiting Zoro.
Alright, fair enough. I can concede that Jabra would likely be more tactical then what I am portraying.

We both agree that Zoro would eventually win, so I guess it's more likely that he lands it as a counter (after enduring one of his attacks). Similar to how Sanji purposely took his shigan before countering him.

I wanna see what the fishmen look like. also Zoro and Nami don't really seem to be all one board with being in luffy's crew at first.

Back