• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

But Luffy is stupid af
More like oblivious tbh- I don't doubt he can make busted ass abilities based off his awakening since he's always like that with the creativity. His issue is that he doesn't know what his fruit actually is yet.
I wonder who'd tell him.. Maybe Shanks in elbaf? It has to be somebody who knows about it

More like oblivious tbh- I don't doubt he can make busted ass abilities based off his awakening since he's always like that with the creativity. His issue is that he doesn't know what his fruit actually is yet.
I wonder who'd tell him.. Maybe Shanks in elbaf? It has to be somebody who knows about it
This make me think why WG respect Shanks is because WG think Shanks still have the Nika Fruit, only my speculation my someone would make a theory about it?.

Serious question tho- where does it say he has subjective reality?
Or is it because he can do shit he shouldn't but only does it with rubber because he believes he is? Oda in the same VOL says Zoans CANT effect the environment, yet Luffy does it. He stole a whole other category's ability just because he believed hard enough-
"Imagination into reality" type of shit.

Also, Mythical Zoans have Paramecia-like abilities. Luffy's Awakening just so happens to expand on this secondary ability. Doubt it's subjective reality.

Road to Laugh Tale VOL2 made it sound like Shanks is doing something big, or will be part of it- so we'll see. ONLY TWO WEEKS TO GO BEFORE BREAK IS DONE
Technically just one, no?

We got the first volume on the first week, the second, now the third. It's a chapter at the end of next week, right?

You mean fan translation?
Yes, but the description and Yamato's own dialogue says so, and we trust TCB scans as much as the official-
TCB scans make their own choices when scanlating, just like the official version does. All it takes is one translator in their group to have the opinion that Yamato should be referred to as a woman.

Not to mention that things like the dialogue in the behind-the-scenes concepts are hardly proof, since it is of an earlier version of Yamato and not the canon version. In Oda's initial concept art, Yamato could very well have identified as a woman.

Either way, there's no point in getting back into the discussion for that. It's not productive and wouldn't make a difference.

TCB scans make their own choices when scanlating, just like the official version does. All it takes is one translator in their group to have the opinion that Yamato should be referred to as a woman.

Not to mention that things like the dialogue in the behind-the-scenes concepts are hardly proof, since it is of an earlier version of Yamato and not the canon version. In Oda's initial concept art, Yamato could very well have identified as a woman.

Either way, there's no point in getting back into the discussion for that. It's not productive and wouldn't make a difference.
This isn't really an attempt at debating this, just me saying the translations are not biased because they cannot be biased. Things blatant as "Yamato once was against identifying as a male", "Tried to hide the fact she's a girl" or "I am a girl, not a boy like Oden" cannot be biased, unless they outright lie to us.

The translations are accurate. If they serve as evidence for a gender debate is another topic entirely.

This isn't really an attempt at debating this, just me saying the translations are not biased because they cannot be biased. Things blatant as "Yamato once was against identifying as a male", "Tried to hide the fact she's a girl" or "I am a girl, not a boy like Oden" cannot be biased, unless they outright lie to us.

The translations are accurate. If they serve as evidence for a gender debate is another topic entirely.
Right, I'm not saying that those things in particular are translated incorrectly. Just if Yamato is referred to with she/her pronouns in general in their translation, that isn't automatically proof that Yamato should be treated as female.

Right, I'm not saying that those things in particular are translated incorrectly. Just if Yamato is referred to with she/her pronouns in general in their translation, that isn't automatically proof that Yamato should be treated as female.
They just use Yamato's name when generally referring to them.

It’s unclear, so we should just use gender neutral pronouns on the profile 🤷‍♂️

@WrongIdea21 btw if you still looking for the opponents to throw against Doffy, i recommending Saber and Vulcan
Maybe Blades as well but careful, he spam Absolute Zero so much

EDT: Forgot to say, Saber smurf haxes like high-godly regen and the others are only avaible in his End of Series/Post-Series version

Three Houses characters like Edelgard could be good potential matches since they have High 6-C keys.
Oh right! Byleth and Edelgard can be a good opponents for Doffy
Hard to find Doffy's Opponent without OP Hax.
Vulcan might be qualified by what you said, he still has that super-brutal precog level
However as for Saber the one thing that you need to be aware is his deconstruction flames, otherwise he's good to go i think, Elemental intangtibility that he had get countered by Busoshoku

Vulcan might be qualified by what you said, he still has that super-brutal precog level
However as for Saber the one thing that you need to be aware is his deconstruction flames, otherwise he's good to go i think, Elemental intangtibility that he had get countered by Busoshoku
I'll read his profile before i make the thread. I ******* tired and sick with Hax problem.

I'll read his profile before i make the thread. I ******* tired and sick with Hax problem.
Well do Thorgrim Grudgebearer, I'd warn though that Doffy needs to go for the head or he's not going to do anything lol

And if your feeling like committing Seppuku with hax enjoy Balthasar Gelt. He likes gold.

Well do Thorgrim Grudgebearer, I'd warn though that Doffy needs to go for the head or he's not going to do anything lol

And if your feeling like committing Seppuku with hax enjoy Balthasar Gelt. He likes gold.
I'll read it this night.

Yep, Oda 100% cementing the connection between that scene and Sun God Nika is him basically screaming at us to reread Skypiea because of how important it is
If you listen to Overtaken the drums at the start sound similiar to those. I'm lowkey hoping or a remake just for the heartbeat drums.
With how crazy toei's 1015 went, imagine if the heart drums show flashes to the skypiea campfire scene just to remind the audience

Back