• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Marco Regeneration Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Ok so boom.

Screen_Shot_2022-07-09_at_12.50.06_PM.png

It's stated that Marco can regenerate no matter what kind of attack.

This is a clear NLF, but this can still be used. Further context and implications of his fruit and powers show that he pretty much can regenerate from any effect of an ability inside of his native verse.
  1. Zoro's flying slash blaze cremated Zombie Ryuma's body (regenning from this would be Mid-High)
  2. Kaidou's flames are capable of melting (viz said melting, can't access viz rn) his victim (regenning from this would be Mid-High)
  3. Aokiji can shatter people (regenning from this would be High-Mid)
  4. Prometheus can reduce people to cinders (regenning from this would be Mid-High)
  5. Whitebeard can shatter an ice human (regenning from this would be High-Mid)
  6. Katakuri can regenerate from being blown up in half (regenning from this would be (Mid High)
  7. Crocodile can turn people to sand (regenning from this would be Mid-High)
Marco should scale above these feats. AKA he should get Mid-High regen for scaling above all the damage inverse from attacks.

This would stretch out to Haki as well. Mid-High regen neg.

Makes sense. If his ability can regenerate from "anything" within his verse, then it's fair to include everything that we HAVE seen other fruits regen from and scale the Phoenix one over'em.
Agree. Plain and simple.

Just to nitpick a few points:

Katakuri can regenerate from being blown up in half (regenning from this would be (Mid High)

I wouldn't say this is Regeneration; but rather Katakuri shapeshifting and him just joining back together off-screen. When Katakuri takes an injury that isn't a part of his Mochi shapeshifting, it doesn't regenerate.

Whitebeard can shatter an ice human (regenning from this would be High-Mid)

Whitebeard shattering an ice human does not necessarily mean he could shatter a non-ice human too.

It's stated that Marco can regenerate no matter what kind of attack.

An attack being able to seriously damage one character like in the case of Zoro burning Ryuma's body, doesn't mean that Marco would suffer the same extent of damage if Zoro tried it on Marco.

So we can't say "If Marco was hit by this attack from Zoro, he must suffer this amount of damage and therefore would need this level of regen to survive it." Durability & resistances also play a role in him withstanding attacks.

Mid-High requires all of Marco's biology to be completely incinerated. I think we should wait until we have a feat from him on this level, rather than look to see if there are attacks in the verse capable of achieving that.

Just to nitpick a few points:

I wouldn't say this is Regeneration; but rather Katakuri shapeshifting and him just joining back together off-screen. When Katakuri takes an injury that isn't a part of his Mochi shapeshifting, it doesn't regenerate.
Katakuri doing that dodge stuff is his natural Mochi regen
The only time on camera he's taken a hit from an attack that isn't this, it utilizes haki, which
A. Hits his true form
B. Isn't utilizing SpecialParam/Logia regen
Whitebeard shattering an ice human does not necessarily mean he could shatter a non-ice human too.

An attack being able to seriously damage one character like in the case of Zoro burning Ryuma's body, doesn't mean that Marco would suffer the same extent of damage if Zoro tried it on Marco.

So we can't say "If Marco was hit by this attack from Zoro, he must suffer this amount of damage and therefore would need this level of regen to survive it." Durability & resistances also play a role in him withstanding attacks.

Mid-High requires all of Marco's biology to be completely incinerated. I think we should wait until we have a feat from him on this level, rather than look to see if there are attacks in the verse capable of achieving that.
You're completely missing the point.

It's saying that no matter the damage, he regenerates.
This isn't saying "he can take an attack on a potentially different level of another victim and regenerate from that", it's saying whatever the damage, he regens.

Whatever damage has been shown on a different victim has the capability to be regenerated from, and he scales from that.

Give Ryuma the pheonix fruit and he's regenerating from it, the point the databook is making is that the flames of resurrection are so great that he will regenerate regardless of injury, not that Marco's so durable he will just tank anything that becomes too lethal.

He did show the ability to regrow an arm entirely though. And Katakuri's Mochi evasion doesn't usually split his body apart, so I do think that's an instance of him reforming (much like when he used grilled Mochi and lost his arm)
The point of this is- the ice human regenerated from it. There's another instance where Aokiji regenerates from getting blown apart in Long Ring Long Land.
Simply put:
Marco's regeneration is greater than whatever regeneration we see in the verse because he can regenerate from "anything" the verse has to offer, and what other characters who AREN'T praised for their regen can regenerate from, based on just the ability itself.
Much like Akainu has the highest DF offense based off scaling from others' DF feats, even without showing said offense.

Katakuri doing that dodge stuff is his natural Mochi regen
The only time on camera he's taken a hit from an attack that isn't this, it utilizes haki, which
A. Hits his true form
B. Isn't utilizing SpecialParam/Logia regen

Right, I just don't think regen is the right term for that.

You're completely missing the point.
It's saying that no matter the damage, he regenerates.
This isn't saying "he can take an attack on a potentially different level of another victim and regenerate from that", it's saying whatever the damage, he regens.
Whatever damage has been shown on a different victim has the capability to be regenerated from, and he scales from that.

I see. I still think it would be better to primarily rate Marco off of his feats. As you say in the OP, the statement is a bit of an NLF.

In all fairness, an NLF would be regenning from complete erasure since he can regenerate from "anything" and we know Moria's shadow steal basically erases you if the sun hits you.
That's an NLF because of external factors (and shadow/soul related stuff). Everything shown in the OP is limited to physical damage, which should be what the fruit primarily protects against.

The point of this is- the ice human regenerated from it. There's another instance where Aokiji regenerates from getting blown apart in Long Ring Long Land.
Simply put:
Marco's regeneration is greater than whatever regeneration we see in the verse because he can regenerate from "anything" the verse has to offer, and what other characters who AREN'T praised for their regen can regenerate from, based on just the ability itself.
Much like Akainu has the highest DF offense based off scaling from others' DF feats, even without showing said offense.
For Aokiji that isn't a case of "regeneration". He wasn't damaged at all when he was shattered; it's just the nature of Logia's fluid bodies.

This is a bit subjective to a degree in what we interpret "regeneration" to mean, but I don't think that Logia abilities are the same as that.

Right, I just don't think regen is the right term for that.
He works like a logia, which regenerates from attacks that destroy their element, so it could still count
I see. I still think it would be better to primarily rate Marco off of his feats. As you say in the OP, the statement is a bit of an NLF.
When I said it was an NLF, I meant that we don't make it to where he regenerates from every ability in the history of fiction.
Like he won't regen from Hakai, he won't regen from a bunch of other things, but in his verse it should be so.

It's like Luffy not getting hurt by blunt attacks. Inverse he won't, but outverse he will, but at least he'll scale above it inverse.

Or the same reason why we scaled black blades to 6-B (now 6-A) because of it scaling above the others.

Marco scales above the damage of these other attacks

For Aokiji that isn't a case of "regeneration". He wasn't damaged at all when he was shattered; it's just the nature of Logia's fluid bodies.

This is a bit subjective to a degree in what we interpret "regeneration" to mean, but I don't think that Logia abilities are the same as that.
Aokiji's scenario is specifically stated to be regeneration by the databooks. So it would be regenerating his element. It's regen, just not regular since he's not regenerating flesh and blood

Not necessarily? If you hit certain logias with an attack that would erase their element or nature altogether then they won't phase through that. If you turned every bit of Croc's body into glass via extreme heat then he's not reforming from that, so- not regenerating.
Logias regenerate via their element so long as you don't hit their corporeal bodies.

If I understand correctly, you're saying that Marco can regenerate from any kind of damage that any Devil Fruit can inflict on the verse? So he should be Low-Godly since Moriah has EE.

If I understand correctly, you're saying that Marco can regenerate from any kind of damage that any Devil Fruit can inflict on the verse? So he should be Low-Godly since Moriah has EE.
No, it's any kind of direct physical damage that other fruits have shown to regen from.
Nobody has shown the ability to survive Moria's EE yet. It was only reversed in Thriller Bark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back