• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Getcha

Also i just checked Law page and he seems still doesn't have Wa no Kuni arc key, we still don't know how to scale him yet, right?

Notable Examples of hyperbole​

Why is this a hyperbole?

It's just an outlier.

Sorry to bother you guys but can you come in the thread I linked simply to explain how observation haki works since the people over there assume Gojo stomps with purple or domain expansion and that Luffy can't dodge it.

Or that buso haki resists spatial and gravity manipulation based attacks

Why is this a hyperbole?

It's just an outlier.
If Sengoku meant "His power can literally destroy the planet" then it would be an outlier.

If Sengoku meant "His power can figuratively wreck our world" then it's hyperbole.

Whitebeard's power to generate earthquakes and hit islands with tsunamis would, in the One Piece world, be capable of ruining the planet over time and figuratively destroy the world. Which is a more reasonable interpretation than Sengoku saying "Whitebeard can crack the planet into pieces."

If Sengoku meant "His power can literally destroy the planet" then it would be an outlier.

If Sengoku meant "His power can figuratively wreck our world" then it's hyperbole.

Whitebeard's power to generate earthquakes and hit islands with tsunamis would, in the One Piece world, be capable of ruining the planet over time and figuratively destroy the world. Which is a more reasonable interpretation than Sengoku saying "Whitebeard can crack the planet into pieces."
Different interpretation of "destroy the world" ≠ hyperbole.

The timeframe doesn't matter, it just means that the feat would take a ridiculously long time, but it's still a feat that could happen.

It being a hyperbole means that it's deadass not going to happen regardless of the ability. It just means it's an outlier

In my opinion it's neither hyperbole nor an outlier (it can be though), it's just vague. Destroy the world can mean a lot of things, not just planet.
I just want it off of that page, which may require a CRT which I have no issue to implement, I just don't want it as the posterboy of hyperboles on the wiki

In my opinion it's neither hyperbole nor an outlier (it can be though), it's just vague. Destroy the world can mean a lot of things, not just planet.
My interpretation its that the Gura Gura Fruit at full power its going to cause massive devastation/destruction across the entire OP world.

Something like what Deathwing did to Azeroth when he has awaken.

Last edited:
My interpretation its that the Gura Gura Fruit at full power would be capable to cause massive devastation across the entire world, something like what Deathwing did to Azeroth when he has awaken.

I thought of that too, it could also mean that whitebeard can go around destroying Island after island until he takes over it all, or he could destroy the earth, or the universe too, it's just too vague to be reliable.

Pretty much exactly how I feel about it. We don't have any real details to draw any conclusions from aside from a generic "destroy the world" statement that can be interpreted a billion different ways without further context.

Because Death Battle looks for even the smallest similarity between two characters and pits them against each other solely for that reason. Flash and Quicksilver? They're both fast. Doctor Strange VS Doctor Fate? Both superheroes with "Doctor" in the name. Venom VS Bane? Both characters have something related to the word "venom" that they use. Cloud VS Link? Blonde sword bois.
To be fair those first 2 are pretty obvious match ups

Last edited:
One Piece Anime > All Human Creation.
monke-tea.gif

Back