• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

King gets destroyed by Big Mom

Kidd and Law individually beat King. Both of them together is overkill

Queen mid diffs at best.

Queen rolls Post-Udon Luffy.
Lol no. Post Udon Luffy knew Ryuo and damaged Kaido. He also took many blows from Kaido before falling. Queen got two shotted by an amnesiac BM.

Notice how Yamato in nowhere to be found in Oda's sketches for the Crew in the final Saga. She may not be joining the crew.
unknown.png

Very simple, really: Oden was a man, therefore Yamato is a man by virtue of being Oden. And because Yamato is Kaido's offspring, Yamato says "son."

Let me put it this way: If Oden identified as a hamster, Yamato would identify as a hamster as well.
Glad we got that settled then.

I have no idea why people think Young Base Kaido is comparable to Oden when Oden badly scarred Dragon Form Kaido with one powerful move and only got one-shot due to being distracted.

I mean, is there any evidence of Young Base Kaido being comparable to Oden?
Why not young Dragon mode Kaido also did something to Oden even though it's offscreen.

Does anybody here already see the Road to Laughtale leaks?
They said it would be some information about last Road Ponegliph Location, also my friend said Rocks is the strongest enemy that Roger has ever faced.

We putting Queen over Katakuri??
Nah
Some people here have Queen > Katakuri unironically, completely ignoring portrayal in the story, such as Kata being the 2nd in command of a Yonko's crew rivalling the Beast Pirates.
unknown.png

Now ofc there would be some guy trying to be funny and say that "Wow never knew Bepo and Killer are equal to Rayleigh as well!", conveniently forgetting that Bepo and Killer DO NOT belong to a Yonko calibre crew.

King and Katakuri belongs to Yonko crews of comparable calibre and rivalry, unlike Rayleigh who is clearly superior for being the Pirate King's right hand man or Ben Beckmann who has VC stating he is comparable to Shanks and the Red Haired Pirates having a crew structure similar to the SHs or Roger Pirates aka very well balanced power distribution among crew members.

Beast Pirates ~ Big Mom Pirates in both crew structure and power, aka very powerful Yonko and their crews but overall less well rounded as the Red Haired pirates, just like how Kaido and Big Mom are portrayed nearly comparably given their 3 day stalemate and their side by side equal contribution to a combo attack.

627ab6a6974df48cf6ab6c64c25e43d8221982d3.png

Last edited:
If Kaido had two people capable of beating Katakuri on his crew in addition to allegedly being the strongest guy on earth then there wouldn't be much of a deadlock between the Emperors imo

I mean I am more of a Katakuri hypebeast but putting all biases aside I don't see how that's true.
That really flies in the face of the Yonkou deadlock narrative way more than the Queen thing.

I mean I am more of a Katakuri hypebeast but putting all biases aside I don't see how that's true.
That really flies in the face of the Yonkou deadlock narrative way more than the Queen thing.
This is what happens when narratives and portrayals are completely ignored in exchange for calculations for a verse that isn't even mathematical logical in the first place.

You have people there literally stated to be kicking at light speed yet only yield far less impressive destruction feats, or 200 million volts of electricity nearly levelling an island when in reality that's just 2/3rd the voltage of a regular lightning bolt.

Heck literaly Kinemon was more durable and have better recovery than any Ancient Zoan we have seen on the raid so far, completely conscious after taking an ACoC strike directly to his head and has basically completely recovered in 1050 when all the other Ancient Zoans that supposedly have super recovery stay defeated and KO'ed from far weaker attacks.

This is what happens when narratives and portrayals are completely ignored in exchange for calculations for a verse that isn't even mathematical logical in the first place.

You have people there literally stated to be kicking at light speed yet only yield far less impressive destruction feats, or 200 million volts of electricity nearly levelling an island when in reality that's just 2/3rd the voltage of a regular lightning bolt.

Heck literaly Kinemon was more durable and have better recovery than any Ancient Zoan we have seen on the raid so far, completely conscious after taking an ACoC strike directly to his head and has basically completely recovered in 1050 when all the other Ancient Zoans that supposedly have super recovery stay defeated and KO'ed from far weaker attacks.
So what can you do about it all? I'm just asking.

So what can you do about it all? I'm just asking.
Be more flexible in ways of thinking and scaling instead of being too obsessed in trying to apply real life laws or logic to a verse that completely breaks them, that's what I am saying.

Not all verses scale the same.

One Piece doesn't scale like DBZ for example where there is zero balance and you can literally pull out random powerful enemies out of your ass to fight the MC every day.

Last edited:
Be more flexible in ways of thinking and scaling instead of being too obsessed in trying to apply real life laws or logic to a verse that completely breaks them, that's what I am saying.

One Piece doesn't scale like DBZ for example where there is zero balance and you can literally pull out random powerful enemies out of your ass to fight the MC every day.
I don't know, but that would be against the rules of this site. The Laws in the One Piece world at least use the IRL Laws as a benchmark, but have exceptions. For example, if we really thought that having to use real-world Laws Kizaru would only gain a Mountain - Island level for every swing of his leg or arm at the speed of light, which would be inconsistent with scaling to some characters who have far better feats but can fight. with him like without any problems.

I don't know, but that would be against the rules of this site. The Laws in the One Piece world at least use the IRL Laws as a benchmark, but have exceptions. For example, if we really thought that having to use real-world Laws Kizaru would only gain a Mountain - Island level for every swing of his leg or arm at the speed of light, which would be inconsistent with scaling to some characters who have far better feats but can fight. with him like without any problems.
It has too many exceptions imo, and that's why I believe portrayals and in-verse Tiers is a much better way of scaling something like One Piece.

Like cmon man, people seriously have the 3 Sweet Commanders below the Flying Six here?? When even Perospero had similar portrayal and scaling to Jack via overpowering non Sulong Neko/Inu and swiftly defeated in a similar manner once they went Sulong?

I am almost laughing my ass off seriously.

King ~ Katakuri
Queen ~ Smoothie
Jack ~ Cracker

Flying Six ~ Oven, Faifuku etc.

They might not be completely equal sheer stats wise but their strengths and weaknesses balance each other out.

This is what a comparable Yonko Crew looks like.

The best part is that now that Luffy is revealed to be a Mythical ZOAN all this time, his insane Endurance and ability to take hits from previous enemies now makes a lot more sense than just blaming it on plot, especially in regards to blunt damage that is less effective on him than say piercing attacks.

For example one direct Mogura blow to his torso was >>>>> in effective damage than all of Katakukri's blunt force arsenal due to his rubber human mythical zoan physiology.

He has always been a Mythical Zoan btw, he simply become an awakened one via Gear 5 recently.

Bruh Post-Udon Gear 4th Luffy ****** up Zoan Kaidou

The Kong Gatling ******* ruins Queen
Ehhhhh, did that attack really do damage to Zoan Kaido?

Yeah it knocked him around a bit, but it didn't look like it did any actual damage to Zoan Kaido.

Compared to his Rhino Schieder, which drew blood from Dragon Kaido

If anything, I'll say that the fact that Big Mom was shocked by Luffy's Kong Gatling is a fair reason for it being Kaido lvl.

Last edited:
It has too many exceptions imo, and that's why I believe portrayals and in-verse Tiers is a much better way of scaling something like One Piece.

Like cmon man, people seriously have the 3 Sweet Commanders below the Flying Six here?? When even Perospero had similar portrayal and scaling to Jack via overpowering non Sulong Neko/Inu and swiftly defeated in a similar manner once they went Sulong?

I am almost laughing my ass off seriously.

King ~ Katakuri
Queen ~ Smoothie
Jack ~ Cracker

Flying Six ~ Oven, Faifuku etc.

They might not be completely equal sheer stats wise but their strengths and weaknesses balance each other out.

This is what a comparable Yonko Crew looks like.
I'm one of those people who are against this, I've always said that Rank and position are not a measure of strength.
Their strength is measured by what they show.
I don't think Jinbe will get stronger or get buffs or anything like that. He fought WW, WW ~ Jinbe which is if the revision is complete he will get Tier 6-C, but elsewhere Page1 will be scaled to G3rd Luffy which is Luffy's G3rd position here is stronger than G3rd Luffy against Katakuri because Luffy has been training and is getting stronger.
Then the narrative scaling is that Page1 is a parasite in Tobi Roppo you can say he is the weakest, Of course Jinbe will get a new Rating even though Jinbe doesn't get stronger at all which is would potentially above Katakuri rating, etc.
I'm no expert on scaling but I can read something like this.

Notice how Yamato in nowhere to be found in Oda's sketches for the Crew in the final Saga. She may not be joining the crew.
unknown.png
These alongside the other sketches in the book are all sketches for the crew and other character designs in Wano, not the Final Saga, so I have no idea what you’re saying man, this doesn’t confirm anything

Also why would Oda spoil that Yamato is directly a Straw Hat in a book before the actual Manga has her join?

Back