• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

0511-02-Jewelry-Bonney.jpg
Meh, still similar
Her vivrecard does say she 24
0511-01-Jewelry-Bonney.jpg
Hers says "estimated" next to her age
Yee kinda, but they also do look alike and have similar body ability? To tank things
Kaidou's is based on raw durability and stamina/endurance.
Urouge's is based on a devil fruit.

Kaidou was born on the grand line as a human/ogre like being
Urouge was born on a sky island

Kaidou's is based on raw durability and stamina/endurance.
Urouge's is based on a devil fruit.

Kaidou was born on the grand line as a human/ogre like being
Urouge was born on a sky island
So nothing indicated that they are a relative? I see
Well that mean he's still relative unknown beside the fact that he's formerly one of the skypie members

I just realize that Urouge has an Birkans appearance, so he might be have big role if the Skypiean, Shandian, and Birkan lore/history being brought up again in major impact
And then there is Enel and the Automata army in Moon (a.k.a the three tribes old civilization from what i remember)
Urouge and Enel alliance? Yes please

Isn't Bonney lowkey immortal because of that fruit?
I've been curious about this. Oda saying her age is an "estimation" implies her current form itself might be another product of the fruit, right? If she hits, say- 70, couldn't she just de-age herself back to 20 and continue living another lifespan altogether? Her fruit doesn't seem to have a limit to the aging

Okay- re-reading through the story and noticing the meruem vs Zoro thing brought this to my attention-
When Cracker appeared infront of Luffy and Nami, he had no Haoshoku haki, yet it's noted that his ability to strike fear in the Homies was so great that the homies instantly withered away and died
XJ6VxkQ.jpeg

JtefBcp.jpeg

Other words for "wither" are
atrophy, decay, deflate, deteriorate, disintegrate, dry, fade, languish, perish, shrink, shrivel, wane, wilt, blast, blight, collapse, constrict, contract, desiccate, die.

Or when addressing it to a person: "In addition to shrinking, the verb wither can also refer to losing vitality and fading away."

By wiki standards Death Manip is: In its most straightforward applications, this ability allows the user to instantly kill others by manipulating factors associated with death to make them die. The method varies, however; some users may halt vital biological processes or attack the soul directly. Others affect their target on a more abstract level, simply causing them to die for no discernible reason.

Unless there are other instances of Homies instantly dying from a CoC-like effect (that isn't Brook's soul manip), then Cracker should get limited death manip via fear inducement.

Okay- re-reading through the story and noticing the meruem vs Zoro thing brought this to my attention-
When Cracker appeared infront of Luffy and Nami, he had no Haoshoku haki, yet it's noted that his ability to strike fear in the Homies was so great that the homies instantly withered away and died
XJ6VxkQ.jpeg

JtefBcp.jpeg

Other words for "wither" are
atrophy, decay, deflate, deteriorate, disintegrate, dry, fade, languish, perish, shrink, shrivel, wane, wilt, blast, blight, collapse, constrict, contract, desiccate, die.

Or when addressing it to a person: "In addition to shrinking, the verb wither can also refer to losing vitality and fading away."

By wiki standards Death Manip is: In its most straightforward applications, this ability allows the user to instantly kill others by manipulating factors associated with death to make them die. The method varies, however; some users may halt vital biological processes or attack the soul directly. Others affect their target on a more abstract level, simply causing them to die for no discernible reason.

Unless there are other instances of Homies instantly dying from a CoC-like effect (that isn't Brook's soul manip), then Cracker should get limited death manip via fear inducement.
Don't seem limited

Don't seem limited
Oh, I thought maybe because the homies were so subservient that they had no willpower to even resist it. But I guess that doesn't really limit the ability itself as much as it makes those present seem better for having the will to resist it.

In additon to that, I just noticed that the homies literally just die- their souls don't exit like with the Rook, Bishop, etc when Brook makes their souls leave their bodies by force via his Soul Scream. It just looks like their essence (in this case lifespan since that's what BM uses to create'em) gets entirely taken out. So he's definitely not scaring a weak soul out of a false body like Brook.

Last edited:
Are you guys sure this isn't just some weird quirk about being a weaker homie?

Pretty much the only things that were affected by it were the fodder homies. King Baum, Pound, Nami, The rabbit and Crane, and Luffy were just fine. Nor is the ability ever elaborated on or even mentioned after this point.

Pretty much the only things that were affected by it were the fodder homies. King Baum, Pound, Nami, The rabbit and Crane, and Luffy were just fine. Nor is the ability ever elaborated on or even mentioned after this point.
It never occured again with any other Homies that were "weak". Not even during Big Mom's Coc outburst or anything.
They got scared, couldn't stand up to his presence, and died

The Rabbit and the Crane were scared as shit from Cracker, they just didn't wither in fear from his look

Randolph does have the little drawn panicky effects and the crane is visibly shaking on the second page I sent, yeah. But those are homies that are strong enough to fight with Carrot and the like

The Rabbit and the Crane were scared as shit from Cracker, they just didn't wither in fear from his look
They were scared because he was confronting him directly. Cracker is a superior officer and obviously much stronger than they are. Cracker's speaking to them in a threatening way, thus they got scared.

It never occured again with any other Homies that were "weak". Not even during Big Mom's Coc outburst or anything.
They got scared, couldn't stand up to his presence, and died
Then that begs the question of why his Death/Fear aura didn't affect anyone relevant.

Even Pound, someone who can't even fight, wasn't showing any adverse effect aside from being fearful after getting grabbed by the man.

They were scared because he was confronting him directly. Cracker is a superior officer and obviously much stronger than they are. Cracker's speaking to them in a threatening way, thus they got scared.
Randolph was flying and Cracker said his name, then he crashed into the ground and was scared.
Then that begs the question of why his Death/Fear aura didn't affect anyone relevant.
Cause the people there aren't trash
Even Pound, someone who can't even fight, wasn't showing any adverse effect aside from being fearful after getting grabbed by the man.
It aint passive

Willpower resistance. Literally like how every competent character in the verse resists things based on the newest CRTS.

Also Cracker showed no interest in killing Pound until a bit later.

It aint passive
He was holding Pound in his hand. If it's an active aura-based ability, it certainly would have hit him.

Willpower resistance. Literally like how every competent character in the verse resists things based on the newest CRTS.

Also Cracker showed no interest in killing Pound until a bit later.
When has willpower allowed someone to resist Death Manip in One Piece? I understand it grants resistances, but we shouldn't just chalk an ability not working to a character simply being more willful.

He was holding Pound in his hand. If it's an active aura-based ability, it certainly would have hit him.
who said it's an aura based ability? it only worked when he glared at the trees
When has willpower allowed someone to resist Death Manip in One Piece? I understand it grants resistances, but we shouldn't just chalk an ability not working to a character simply being more willful.
Willpower resists stupid shit in the verse imma be honest

When has willpower allowed someone to resist Death Manip? I understand it grants resistances, but we shouldn't just chalk an ability not working to a character simply being more willful.
It resists soul manip, madness manip and other crazy shit- Death Manip isn't outlandish.
Well lets just say it's for hyping trope
I mean it definitely is, but it's also an actively shown ability as well during said hype

It resists soul manip, madness manip and other crazy shit- Death Manip isn't outlandish.
Willpower resists stupid shit in the verse imma be honest
Yeah, it does, but like, I'm just saying we shouldn't assume willpower is a part of it unless it's explicitly stated.

I'm not against this being fear manip, I'll be clear on that, though. Just the instant death stuff seems iffy.

who said it's an aura based ability? it only worked when he glared at the trees
Ohhh, my bad, thought we were all assuming it was some type of aura.

Back