• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Film Red and Volume 4 Billion Additions (RIDICULOUSLY SERIOUS MOVIE SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Yerrrrrrrrp

Final Spoiler Alert
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Spoiler alert

So as we know, Film Red is out in different countries. There isn't much to work with off of the movie so I'll tackle it later.

But first, some Volume 4 billion ability additions. Since those are directly canon, it's easier to work with.

First of all we need to give Haoshoku Haki a new Stage, Beyond Advanced Stage, for Shanks ability (Haoshoku Based) to negate the ability to use Kenbunshoku Haki based on controlling a person's presence.
or
Shanks will also get Fire Manipulation and Statistics Amplification for being able to light his sword on fire, amping his strength with it.

He can also misdirect his presence, so a weird form of Illusion Creation where an enemy would sense him doing something he's not doing.

Now, for the Film Red one. These are movie spoilers, so I'll spoiler it.
In 1:06:48 of the camrip from above, Kenbunshoku Usage should get
For the showings of Yasopp, Shanks, and Katakuri being able to see into the Uta World. As it says that Shanks's canon abilities are shown in this movie, and this is one of Shanks' abilities, it should be scaleable to the canon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I request that those who speak about the movie spoilers to please spoiler their messages that involve the movie

Volume 4 billion though, no

This looks pretty good so far, so you have my agreement with this.

If you are looking for more support for Kenbunshoku Haki having Clairvoyance, then I believe there is a similar scene in Zou Island where Momo could look through the eyes of Zunisha and use his eyes to see Jack (Or unless it was done via the Voice of All Things in which case ignore this part)

For the misdirection it sounds more of a sensory manipulation of sorts to where his life signal/breath misguides you, rather than it being an illusion? Unless he's shown doing it in more specific detail then I dunno if it'd be illusion creation.
Otherwise I agree with everything.

Last edited:
Tbh the only thing I disagree with is the Cosmic Awareness being only "minor.", I'd say limited is much more appropriate. Minor would imply lesser than being able to view events occurring in places with a different space-time continuum.

I'd also suggest adding an unconventional resistance to precognition, Extrasensory Perception and Enhanced Senses along side being able to negate said abilities for people with beyond advanced Haki.

Tbh the only thing I disagree with is the Cosmic Awareness being only "minor.", I'd say limited is much more appropriate. Minor would imply lesser than being able to view events occurring in places with a different space-time continuum.
Nah, I said minor cause it's not as if they can see anything in their universe and beyond, when there's clear limits

But limited is fair then
I'd also suggest adding an unconventional resistance to precognition, Extrasensory Perception and Enhanced Senses along side being able to negate said abilities for people with beyond advanced Haki.
Resistance though, idk. Negation makes more sense

Nah, I said minor cause it's not as if they can see anything in their universe and beyond, when there's clear limits.

But limited is fair then.
Tbh not every form of Cosmic Awareness scales to the entire universe
Resistance though, idk. Negation makes more sense
See that's the thing tho, if it were just full on negation of precognition they wouldn't be able to utilize Kenbunshoku in general as opposed to only seeing Shanks in the future.

I haven't seen the movie so I don't have the full scope so I'll ask this. Was it Shanks not allowing for Katakuri to activate his Kenbunshoku Haki to begin with or was it that Katakuri's Kenbunshoku Haki was working but he couldn't see Shanks in the future despite using Kenbunshoku Haki?

Tbh not every form of Cosmic Awareness scales to the entire universe
Fair
See that's the thing tho, if it were just full on negation of precognition they wouldn't be able to utilize Kenbunshoku in general as opposed to only seeing Shanks in the future.

I haven't seen the movie so I don't have the full scope so I'll ask this. Was it Shanks not allowing for Katakuri to activate his Kenbunshoku Haki to begin with or was it that Katakuri's Kenbunshoku Haki was working but he couldn't see Shanks in the future despite using Kenbunshoku Haki?
It didn't happen in the movie, it's strictly volume 4 billion, outside of the movie, just explaining his ability.

It says that they can't utilize it in general. Not that they can't sense shanks, but they can't sense at all.

It didn't happen in the movie, it's strictly volume 4 billion, outside of the movie, just explaining his ability.

It says that they can't utilize it in general. Not that they can't sense shanks, but they can't sense at all.
Ah yeah then that makes more sense for that particular scan.

And what about the scan talking about his misdirection?

First of all we need to give Haoshoku Haki a new Stage, Beyond Advanced Stage, for Shanks ability (Haoshoku Based) to negate the ability to use Kenbunshoku Haki based on controlling a person's presence.
or
Kenbunshoku Haki Negation makes more sense in the situation compared to Precognition Negation since it seems to specifically just negate Kenbunshoku's form of Precognition, not precognition in general.

Kenbunshoku Haki Negation also just looks better on the profiles compared to the other option as well.

Shanks will also get Fire Manipulation and Statistics Amplification for being able to light his sword on fire, amping his strength with it.
Agree.

Would that count as range? Thought it'd just be Cosmic Awareness
Agree with both abilities, also i personally agree with Gin's re-framing of "limited" instead of "minor", both kinda denote the same thing ngl.

Also to answer your question, yes we do give range to people with Cosmic Awareness as shown with characters like Starjun, so everyone who has this specific ability would also have Interdimensional Range as well.

Going off the sandman statement here, but just Precognition Negation alone would be enough.

Although he's known as the "killer of observation" the statement seems to only reference him negating Precog.

Precog negation then. Cool

Yeah the translation seems very specific about his ability "Not allowing to see into the future" while his weird misdirection thing is what messes with enhanced sensory based abilities/prediction. I agree with 'precognition negation' for this type of haki (or Shanks, whichever-)

Isn't it like obs haki/precog manipulation? He controls others obs haki, which then always him to turn them off?
High King Color
"killing to see," a sign of control, not to see the future. | High King Color
"see through to kill", control of signs, not showing the future. | High color, "see and kill," control of signs, not showing the future

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back