• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1082: "Let's Go And Claim It!" (Fan Translation)

And I want to see pigs fly
1187653-illustration-pigs-cartoon-lighthouse-One-Piece-Sanji-Monkey-D-Luffy-parachutes-comics-Roronoa-Zoro-Nami-Tony-Tony-Chopper-Usopp-Nefertari-Vivi.jpg

Seeing Mihawk say the Straw Hats alongside BB's crew and the Red Hair Pirates in a list of people they'll have to get through to get the One Piece really puts into perspective how far we've come.

Even Mihawk can see that the Strawhats are a legitimately formidable group of Pirates now. I wanna slander tf out of him and say he's scared of the Emperors but I can't even rn, it's just such a cool little sense of progression.

Seeing Mihawk say the Straw Hats alongside BB's crew and the Red Hair Pirates in a list of people they'll have to get through to get the One Piece really puts into perspective how far we've come.

Even Mihawk can see that the Strawhats are a legitimately formidable group of Pirates now. I wanna slander tf out of him and say he's scared of the Emperors but I can't even rn, it's just such a cool little sense of progression.
At the end of the day, Mihawk is just one guy. Even if he is Shanks' equal or superior, he knows very well how powerful the rest of Shanks' crew is as well

Also, I really like what Oda is doing with Buggy because for the longest time, I had the headcanon that Roger became Pirate King purely based on bluster, charisma, luck, and ambition, and that he himself was not particularly powerful (and can you blame me? Roger had one of the plainest designs in all of One Piece)

I'd appreciate it a lot more if there wasn't a break week in between every chapter. It's been like 2 months since we've seen the Straw Hats
I'm half expecting we'll go back to egghead 1095+ because the incident might be saved for 1100

This was certainly an entertaining chapter. We learn that Buggy has some respect for Shanks after all and expected him to follow in Roger's footsteps, though I wonder what was stopping Shanks from going after the One Piece back then. Guess it was cuz he wanted to get stronger.

I'm more amused with the way that Crocodile and Mihawk have to put up with Buggy's bullshit. I'd be pissed, too, if I was forced to be roped into the act of an amateur pirate who has a bunch of cronies who put him on a pedestal and make him seem more powerful than he actually is. Being forced to get involved in his plans even though they're completely unrelated to your goals cuz you need his manpower and resources sounds truly vexing. I'm glad that at least they're beating the shit out of him behind closed doors and letting him know they won't put up with his enormous ego. I'd hang his head on a chain, too, if I had to sail in a ship like that.

I'm also glad that Mihawk finally recognizes The Straw Hat Pirates as a legitimate threat. I feel like too many Marines and Pirates have stupidly underestimated Luffy's crew despite knowing what he's done and who he's beaten. I'm glad these stupid assumptions are finally starting to go away. Anybody who'd underestimate Luffy now would truly be brain-dead. But I'm still curious why Mihawk is against the idea of fighting the other Emperors. I'd think he would enjoy the prospect of fighting such strong opponents. Honestly, Mihawk has always been kinda hard for me to read. Wonder how they'll proceed from here.

Last edited:
There is a theory that Doflamingo and Moria will join Cross Guild. Apparently, there is a panel from One Piece Chapter 0 where Doflamingo, Mihawk, Buggy, Crocodile, and Moria are shown together in a panel reacting to Roger's death

Back