• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread: Welcome to New World

Btw, would you guys like if One Piece reached tier 5 or even 4?
Doesn't matter to me. Long as the story is good I can take it or leave it. It is better we get a great ending then some silver arrow/kaguya BS for the sake of those tiers.

I can see Im being OP but I have enough trust in Oda was a writer to not do “Kaguya” type stuff.

Plus it seems obvious to me that Oda doesnt care a whole lot about Power Levels.

Him not caring about power levels scares me even more, since we have quite powerful DFs already and they are nerfed in fights (Teach and Law being the obvious example).

Also, Kaguya being powerful wasn't the problem, the problem was she being introduced totally out of nowhere while Im-sama will be slowly introduced until it's possible defeat, Bleach was simply bad at the end, the powers weren't the (main) problem.

Because Law is constantly nerfed to not defeat everyone, Imu will have the same destiny in case it has a broken power

Its not that Laws nerfed its just he has CIS that causes him to not just insta incap everyone.

Also Kaguya was Naruto not Bleach.

Its not that Laws nerfed its just he has CIS that causes him to not just insta incap everyone.
That's quite literally a nerf.

but he can only attack people from the inside with Gamma Knife though
Amputate/injection aren't really outside damage tho, and anyway he didn't use Gamma Knife, so you get the point, the Hax Boy used rocks D. Xebec to attack Kaido, this is a thousand times worse than Zoro using a Rengoku Onigiri instead of one of his big moves (for real, i really thought he woud use Ichidai Sanzen Sekai and we would have a parallel with Golem Pica, without Kaido being sliced in half)

Armament haki negates DF abilities, like Law's.

That's why Doflamingo says that Vergo's haki would be enough to null his abilities, and Smoker said that Tashigi's haki wasn't strong enough to stop his powers, noting that armament haki plays a huge roll.

I really want to see these quotes, because i don't remember anything like that (language differences, probably, but i still don't remember them).

I guess CIS is nerfing but honestly I prefer that over them coming up with some BS reason they cant use their powers, Law has shown its not very in character for him to go for hax and thats just how hes been written.

Anyway I dont really care if OP characters has CIS and such I car emuch more about the story and characters themselves being good, as long as thats the case power shit takes a back seat for me.

I agree with you, but i really hate when a good power is wasted because "the heroes can't win easily" or something like that, it always goes through the "why it was even created then?" route, which is even worse IMO.

I feel like Oda may end up doing something with Haki where they can block or maybe neg DF Hax, I dont know if it is a thing like King said just I feel like he may go that route.

The verse is already changing to being about power and not match ups anyway, so i can totally see that happening.

Well Shanks is obviously one of the strongest and most hyped characters in the series and doesnt have a DF so I dont think it takes much to assume High level Haki will likely get crazy from here and we are already seeing Precog and Dura Neg.

I mean, internal damage and future sight aren't that crazy, but having power null that literally removes the whole verse from being a threat is REALLY crazy, not even Imagine Breaker is that strong, and it is ******* H1C power null.

i don't think it's pwer null, it's more of among the lines of: My haki>>>Your haki so your Devil fruit doesn't work against me

I really want to see these quotes, because i don't remember anything like that (language differences, probably, but i still don't remember them).
First picture, top right.
Second picture, middle left.
Third picture, bottom right.
0597-013.png
0661-019.png
0690-015.png

Yep, Haki is really BS, when are we going to get more explanations about DF so that it can be used out of verse?

It's funny how you guy's are discussing this when Tekking made a vid a couple days ago talking about the same thing (Haki negging Devil Fruits) to explain why Law isn't just destroying every opponent he faces including Yonko's.

Meh, the only english YT channel i follow from the OP community is MarcoOPT because he is brazilian i can't hear english well.

It's still BS tho, Haki will be effectively better than Imagine Breaker if we go by that route. Who said Oda doesn't care to power levels? He just created a monster.

Wouldn't Haki just be broken against DF like abilities?
If we get a more profound explanation of how DFs work, it would apply to other verses.

"Imagine Breaker" yo wait IB is like 1-C in turns of potency.
I don't want to turn this in a Toaru discussion, but in a simple way, it is really easy to bypass IB using "3D" powers (tier has nothing to do with that tho), while Haki wouldn't have the same problems.

i bet DFs are souls of devils in fuits, and since armament haki is basicaly using your soul as a armor this allows people with haki to fight with DF users

Yes, i think it is the same (Joyboy just gave a spoiler to everyone some months ago then), if that's the case it would probably end with Haki nulling all powers based in souls i think.

I mean, i am not agreeing with them doing that, but it isn't like it would help in any thread since so far it can't be used in against other verses.

Back