• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread: Welcome to New World

There was some discussion a while ago about using the Wano canon adapted scenes that appear in the anime (events that are said to happen in the manga but are only visually covered in the anime)

There was some discussion a while ago about using the Wano canon adapted scenes that appear in the anime (events that are said to happen in the manga but are only visually covered in the anime)
Do we have any evidence that those parts of the anime are canon? Was It said somewhere? Because It could help a lot. I can already see my boy Sanji scaling above Drake. 🌚

Do we have any evidence that those parts of the anime are canon? Was It said somewhere? Because It could help a lot. I can already see my boy Sanji scaling above Drake. 🌚
I'm specifically talking about scenes mentioned that we know happened, not shit that was altered from canon (for example the Zoro gambling house scene)

Meh, i was talking about minor things that happen between panels.

For example, Sanji fighting King had that discussion about the amount of blocked kicks, since one page Sanji was in one position and in the next Sanji and Momo were in different positions, if the anime gives more details and it ends being 2 kicks it would be valid?

Well, Sanji vs Drake happened in the canon, mostly off-screen.
Nah bro the scene where Sanji diable Jambe'd Drake a bunch of times and knocked him down definitely didn't happen. The discussions back then we're for scene that didn't contradict anything and that we know from the manga happened offscreen.

What was wrong with the Enies Lobby scaling?
From the Powerscaling page regarding in verse Powerlevels:
"For example: A character rated as 4.5 has better showings than a character rated 3 who in turn stomped someone rated 1.5. So two characters with the same rating can be considered comparable because the ratings are consistent with the established strength of the characters.

Please note that when dealing with numerical statistics, it shouldn't be assumed that they are linear (Such as a character rated 1000 not necessarily being 20 times stronger when compared to a character rated 50) and instead it should be assumed that they are simply meant to show which character is stronger."

so the current scaling using doriki actually assuming linear differences is against the site rules.

My god that Kaido vs Big Mom fight was ******* dope!!!
Fax, that fight was awesome with some great animation.

I dont get why some people where trying to downplay Kaido using that fight, it was pretty obvious they where very equal in power and the one time there was a clear difference was when Kaido got distracted and Mama toon advantage (Which he tanked anyway), for me it was more of a showing that Mama shouldnt be taken lightly and deserves her respect. Anyway I didnt think they where really going all out yet in that clip.

From the Powerscaling page regarding in verse Powerlevels:
"For example: A character rated as 4.5 has better showings than a character rated 3 who in turn stomped someone rated 1.5. So two characters with the same rating can be considered comparable because the ratings are consistent with the established strength of the characters.

Please note that when dealing with numerical statistics, it shouldn't be assumed that they are linear (Such as a character rated 1000 not necessarily being 20 times stronger when compared to a character rated 50) and instead it should be assumed that they are simply meant to show which character is stronger."

so the current scaling using doriki actually assuming linear differences is against the site rules.
Sorry, but my Doriki is Five Times his.
Sorry, but my Power Level is Five Times his.
This is a confirmed statement

Doriki is scaled by punching while he compares it to an armed soldier with a weapon.

Would that help?

Kaku was very close to baseline, while Gorilla was slightly above Baseline so that's why the match worked.
Also Kaku beat Sea King but no one ever added that match since it finished right when the move started.

I don't think that the Golden Ball feats are typical of Luffy's usual AP.

As for the Pell calc... Him surviving that is all kinds of nonsense.

Sorry, but my Doriki is Five Times his.
Sorry, but my Power Level is Five Times his.
This is a confirmed statement

Doriki is scaled by punching while he compares it to an armed soldier with a weapon.

Would that help?
not really, there are other verses who do say stuff like their power levels being multiple times higher etc but that still isn't proof that it's linear since they're only referencing the power levels not saying "because I'm 5 times stronger than him my doriki is also 5 times higher". It would need direct proof I believe.

I won't pull the "you need to prove it's not card".

Fukurou's Vivre Card says he's measuring energy. Basically saying "the energy put out in my attacks is 5x more than his".

Worst case scenario, if an armed soldier is at 10 doriki (and armed soldiers are probably 9-B with wank), and Lucci is at like 7-C, that would mean that the Doriki for those characters being only 5x stronger is a super lowball and it should be much higher.

Regardless, the difference between Lucci and Blueno is almost 4x the difference between Blueno and an armed soldier, which via the wiki is minimum over a million times stronger (lowest 7-C divided by Highest 9-B), I highly doubt that Doriki is anything lower than linear.

Idk about other verses but when Lucci mention power level/doriki, isn’t he basically talking about physical strength since that is how his power level system is based from. He might as well be saying he’s physically five times stronger than Fūkuro.

Fukurou's Vivre Card says he's measuring energy. Basically saying "the energy put out in my attacks is 5x more than his".

Worst case scenario, if an armed soldier is at 10 doriki (and armed soldiers are probably 9-B with wank), and Lucci is at like 7-C, that would mean that the Doriki for those characters being only 5x stronger is a super lowball and it should be much higher.

Regardless, the difference between Lucci and Blueno is almost 4x the difference between Blueno and an armed soldier, which via the wiki is minimum over a million times stronger (lowest 7-C divided by Highest 9-B), I highly doubt that Doriki is anything lower than linear.
This is exactly why the wiki doesn't treat power level systems linearly, you wouldn't be able to pull the "you need to prove it's not" card since it's site rules by standard. Nearly all power level systems are based off physical strength that doesn't mean they're linear.

There's no way it can be linear considering there's only a 400 times difference between common soldiers and Lucci and also Luffy can somehow fight against Blueno and Lucci in a way that wouldn't indicate a 5 times difference:

There's no way it can be linear considering there's only a 400 times difference between common soldiers and Lucci and also Luffy can somehow fight against Blueno and Lucci in a way that wouldn't indicate a 5 times difference:
Luffy drew blood from Blueno using Tekkai in his base form and then slammed him into a wall plus altered the path of his cutting attack. Blueno didn't land a single hit on Luffy except that one clash they had where Blueno complimented him, plus Luffy ≥ Zoro and Sanji who fought against Zoans with Doriki almost 3x higher.
The only thing Luffy struggled with was speed.

Lucci was not caring about base Luffy in the slightest. He was slapping him around, that's invalid.

Base Lucci > Base Luffy > Blueno, or we could say this.

Base Lucci > Base Luffy > Base Zoro > Zoan Kaku > Zoan Jabra > Base Jabra >>> Blueno. Blueno in no way shape or form scales to Enies Lobby Luffy.

My point is that it being Linear is a lowball.

In the panels I posted i see Blueno clashing fists with Luffy & Lucci clashing fists with Luffy. That shouldn't be happening if there is a 5 times difference between someone, and you're arguing the difference is even higher?

Here is where the quote and standards can be found for in verse statistics.

In the panels I posted i see Blueno clashing fists with Luffy & Lucci clashing fists with Luffy. That shouldn't be happening if there is a 5 times difference between someone, and you're arguing the difference is even higher?

Here is where the quote and standards can be found for in verse statistics.
In the same page with Blueno, we see Blueno is getting pushed back. In the next page (in the manga), Blueno says that Luffy has unbelievable physical ability.
Even earlier, Blueno is the same one that says direct hits/hitting a rubber man wouldn't do anything, so the fact that he punched him after saying that is screaming inconsistency.

Don't take that page into consideration at all.

If Blueno is ~ to Luffy, this is what's basically being said.
Blueno ~ Base Luffy ≥ Base Zoro ~ Zoan Kaku.
I know Blueno isn't > Zoan Kaku, since even without the mathematical portion of Doriki scaling it says that Base Kaku's doriki is higher than Blueno's.

I'd consider that a heavy outlier, since Franky was overpowering Blueno in brute strength and Luffy was stronger than him.

This is why I hate scaling One Piece w/ their AP ass techniques.

What's the most accurate calc with that feat?

And I don't think anybody would scale to that except blackbeard and Ace right?
The sad part is that One Piece characters do not usually show off the destructive capabilities of their power. Whenever any casual massive feat is shown, everyone acts super surprised when their power has already been implied to be at that level.

The sad part is that One Piece characters do not usually show off the destructive capabilities of their power. Whenever any casual massive feat is shown, everyone acts super surprised when their power has already been implied to be at that level.
That's why I don't like the scaling now (I'M NOT BASHING ANYBODY, I'M JUST SAYING, I WISH WE HAD MORE FEATS), because we scale off of a non serious admiral... like post timeskip scaling is based off of one of the (story wise) strongest people in the show not trying.

Is there a One Piece VSBW Discord? I was thinking about (I already started) making one, but I just wanted to know if there was one already.

I don't have to do it myself yayyyyy, is it active? And if possible, could I please get a link to it?

Back