• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread: Welcome to New World

Got it.

Anyway, i don't think there is much more to discuss about Pre-TS, someone said that Luffy had feats against admirals, but it would be so much of an outlier that it doesn't matter.

Hello i noticed something shouldn't Hancock be upgraded to 7-A because she nearly one shotted Momonga who is scaled to 7-A?

I don't know how to put scans in this forum if you can tell me it will be helpful

IMO this are necessary
Skypea, upper yard, jaya size.
One Piece: Skypea Arc revision | VS Battles Wiki Forum
Raigo true AP, and its basis to scaling it in verse
The knock up stream AP (pre-TS BB and his crew no-soll that)
Luffy dispersing the cloud from the entire skypea real AP (Luffy didnt just disperse the raigo, but all the storm clouds that were covering skypea)
Oars info in the databooks (Statements and visually)

And this are more like less urgent imo
Pre-TS several LS statements (Kizaru, Pacisfistas, Kuma, Foxy, Enel, etc)
Gura gura no mi statements and in verse logic.
Crocodile awakening.

He apparently uses "he's said" phrase again which is present in almost every instance Kaido has been called the strongest anything.

This just makes me curious about what Oda is planning with Kaido, even with the whole “he’s said” thing Oda is seemingly making it clear Kaido is immensely powerful so id assume he has some plans for Kaido in this fight.

Scaling via position isn't valid anymore, right? But will scaling via titles be allowed? Because i think they are the same thing to some extent

Scaling via position isn't valid anymore, right? But will scaling via titles be allowed? Because i think they are the same thing to some extent
The issue with scaling via positions is that there's a large assumption being made that the difference in positions is being dictated by power level.

We should still allow position scaling if said positions are supported by a strength hierarchy, for example the beast pirate (The Calamities being above the Flying Six)

World strongest titles aren't making the same massive assumption that position scaling does and thus should still be valid if their title is stated to be 100% factual.

But were any of the world strongest titles stated to be factual? I mean, if they were, there wouldn't be so much discussion about Shanks vs Mihawk.

Even titles are just reputations.
Momonosuke had the box with "Kinnemon's son" the same way Mihawk has the box with "world's strongest swordsman".
Nothing is factual, we just have to wait and see.
For sure Mihawk is strong, since Zoro Is already doing great against Kaido, but I wouldn't bet Mihawk being stronger than Shanks after the hype Red-hair received.

Even titles are just reputations.
Momonosuke had the box with "Kinnemon's son" the same way Mihawk has the box with "world's strongest swordsman".
Nothing is factual, we just have to wait and see.
For sure Mihawk is strong, since Zoro Is already doing great against Kaido, but I wouldn't bet Mihawk being stronger than Shanks after the hype Red-hair received.
Pretty sure if you're called the strongest in "name and actuality" that goes beyond just being reputation, a Databook's purpose is to be factual. When you're called "The World's Strongest Swordsman" or "World's Most Powerful Swordsman" consistently in the story and out of the story and even confirmed in the Databooks then I think skepticism for the sake of skepticism goes out of the window when the title name is clear in its intentions.

The same goes for Whitebeard although I don't think he had a "name and actuality" statement but really he doesn't need it: he's consistently called the "World's Strongest Man" or "The World's Strongest Pirate" in and out of the story and is treated as such by the marines and his Yonko peers, again to assume the title is just their as reputation and not the author directly saying "this is the strongest guy" is honestly silly.

For Kaido the same can't be applied since his title is always treated with hearsay in every instance so his title would be one based in reputation but that has no effect on the other two.

Whitebeard's reputation comes from his young days, since Roger died everyone was sure that he was the strongest man in the world, he was of course, but just for some amount of time.
I don't like using titles to prove stuff, and even though I think Mihawk is strong, he should be weaker than Yonkos because they're Luffy's obstacles in his path of becoming Pirate King.
Luffy --> wants to be pirate King --> has to surpass Yonkos.
Zoro --> wants to be the world strongest swordsman --> has tp surpass Mihawk.

Mihawk said that Luffy's Path Is harder than surpassing himself, so Yonkos > Mihawk.

At least, that's the logic I use.
Still think that Mihawk is not far from Yonkos, since he should be stronger than Fujitora.

Whitebeard's reputation comes from his young days, since Roger died everyone was sure that he was the strongest man in the world, he was of course, but just for some amount of time.
I don't like using titles to prove stuff, and even though I think Mihawk is strong, he should be weaker than Yonkos because they're Luffy's obstacles in his path of becoming Pirate King.
Luffy --> wants to be pirate King --> has to surpass Yonkos.
Zoro --> wants to be the world strongest swordsman --> has tp surpass Mihawk.
the only reason there's still discussion comes down to headcanon.
Seem the issue here is you're assuming that Mihawk was looking at becoming the pirate king as a power level feat when we already know becoming the Pirate King isn't something you gain from just beating up 4 other people and being the strongest, it requires more.

Another reason is you're using position scaling to say because Zoro is Luffy's subordinate that means the physical hurdle has to be weaker than what you're using as Luffy's physical hurdle.
Still think that Mihawk is not far from Yonkos, since he should be stronger than Fujitora.
But that's just headcanon, we're told as a fact that Mihawk is the strongest sword guy and that that title is a fact. There's nothing to contest.

For Whitebeard you'd have to prove it only applied to his younger days or that it's reputation based only since as far as the story shows even in old age he was still the strongest.

Titles are great and all, but they tend to be abused by stupid and biased readers who fill in the blanks with their own head canon before we get context.

Idiots: Roger is Pirate King. He was obviously the Strongest in the world.
Oda: False, I never said that. PK was given by the Gov for finding laugh tale.
Idiots: Whitebeard is the strongest. He must have attained that title by default as an estimation of his own power when Roger died
Oda: False, I never said that. Whitebeard actually had the title when Roger was alive for the totality of his power.
Idiots: Kaido is the strongest now, but that is only because Post TS Whitebeard died
Oda: False, I never said that. Kaido had the position when Whitebeard was alive and it is because of his own individual might.
Idiots: Buggy is Shanks peer in Strength, he is so powerful and deserving of the warlord title
Oda: Really?
Idiots: Mihawks is the WSS, he is obviously the most powerful character who uses a ssword.
Oda: . . . . Stay tuned for context . . .

Context matters

Last edited:
Iirc someone, probably Emini, said in the 1002 thread that the words and sound effects point to Kaido evading and not Zoro missing.

Anyway, Mama was scared and not even G4 scared her, not in WCI nor in Onigashima.

Kaen isn't a secret technique, much less an Ashura technique, so i don't know why Mihawk wouldn't be > Kaido at this point, or why Zoro wouldn't be > Luffy.

Why Zoro wouldn't be > Luffy?
Lmao.
Just because Zoro Is more lethal doesn't mean he is above Luffy, you know a sword > punches.

Back