• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Seventeen Fishman Island

Eminiteable said:
I like the theory that Kaido is Katakuri's, Oven's and Daifuku's father.
isn't he too young for that?

after all triplets were already 10 y.o, when the Rocks Pirates were disbanded, and Kaido should be fairly young back then, as he was the apprentice on the RP crew

MetalGearRaiden said:
isn't he too young for that?

after all triplets were already 10 y.o, when the Rocks Pirates were disbanded, and Kaido should be fairly young back then, as he was the apprentice on the RP crew
That's what I thought, but if Kaido is actually a dragon who ate like idk an Oni fruit then it'd be fine since Dragons live a long time, something supporting this would be the fact that 20 years ago Kaido looked exactly the same (Big Mom who we assume is older looked different at that time so did a lot of other people), the same goes for the 5 years before that where Kaido looks somewhat the same.

The triplets should have been around 7 when Rocks crew disbanded, for Katakuri is 48. As an apprentice, Kaido could have been around 15 at the time, so is unlikely now.

Big Mom might have been a Rocks pirate until late twenties for she's 68, meaning that she had the triplets at 20. Heck, Perospero is 50 y/o.

I'm aware of that picture.

Kaido's legs are the biggest evidence tho

There's the possibility that Kaido is, in fact, the father. If he's of a relative age to Linlin, of course. But there comes the question "why was Kaido the apprentice, then?"

If we go back to the Whole Cake arc events, and most specifically, Linlin's flashback, we'll see that she started a life of piracy at a young age due to Streusen's influence. She would have been a pirate captain from a very young age with enough experience to not be considered that at 20 in the other crew.

I remember a statement pointing that Big Mom was of the old generation, but Kaido from the current generation. I don't remember where I read it, and it's the only thing that makes me doubt about Kaido having a similar age, actually. That, and the fact that he calls Linlin old hag.

true the age thing seems to be the main thing halting it, but overall on the age thing like with the supernova the ages vary quite a bit despite all being apart of the same generation maybe Kaido is some amount younger but not as drastic as shanks.

(i also noticed in oden's flashback Kaido was wearing a similar jacket and pants to katakuri)

My bad misremembered it, no it was that she kidnapped the husbands and then later had them killed or disowned.

Not sure what it's worth but the silhouette of Kaido in the Rocks group looks to be a similar size to Mom and Whitebeard, maybe Kaido is just older but in the same sort of generation range.
Rocks Pirates Members

@Cin:

If Goken does ignore durability than Snakeman would already be the perfect form.

It is a bit strange about how we have no age for Kaido. He is said to be the same generation as Shanks but Shanks is probably even younger than Katakuri.

the same generation as shanks thing probably shouldn't be taken seriously considering Kaido was apart of Rocks before Shanks was even born.

I remember reading somewhere that Oda confirmed katakuri is NOT Kaido's kid, but I can't remmeber where right now.

That said I do recall information (I'm pretty sure it was a Vivre card) which pointed to their birth origins being more mysterious than latter siblings. They were probably conceived after Lin joined Rocks. Maybe Xebec's kids? :S

It's not technically a spoiler, it's just a guy calculating how much weight Oden is lifting while being boiled.

Imagine if these techniques were canon, Katakuri would certainly be badass in the extreme.
Luffy Vs Katakuri (Mochi Bullet Gun)
Luffy Vs Katakuri (Mochi Bullet Gun)

mannnnn he shoulda not have lost lmao katakuri was probably 1st or 2nd when it comes to plot armor luffy wins, crocodile wants a seat at the table

crocodile literally drained him to a pulp and ONE raindrop totally revived luffy

and katakuri was literally doing his moves but faster and stronger wym he should have lost? kata took a break to eat donuts AND luffy ran away with branch

It was not a raindrop. Luffy shooted a water blast at him, Crocodile dryed him and left, then the gravity made its thing and the water Luffy throwed came back at him.

Eh, the amount of water was considerably large, who knows.

Still a plot armor, just like Katakuri saying he's not underestimating Luffy, yet he left the battlefield to eat donuts without checking if he was dead.

The whole "Haki development" is kind of a BS plot device, because if it really was a thing before hand, Luffy would have done so against Cracker since he undoubtedly had superior Armament to his, and their fight went on a comparable amount of time to Katakuri's (>11 Hours vs ~13 Hours).

You'd also think that higher tier characters would max out their Haki stat just to beat literally everyone else. All Vice Admirals just go to Garp for guidance, Katakuri would try to boost his Armament Haki to the same tier as his Kenbun, and literally any Haki user with all the free time (COUGH, Doflamingo--can't say Mihawk cuz i'm sure he's mastered Buso and Kenbu) would train their ass off until they get the desired result (But credit to Doffy, at least he can use Buso on objects/threads and not himself exclusively).

I'm sure not many are fully aware of the ability Rayleigh (Basically one-shot kill) or the Admirals (barrier) use, but come on, you'd think they'd find new ways to use Haki.

It's one of the main flaws OP has had with Haki's introduction, if you think about it.

But I think you're barking at the wrong tree. We're doing this in a vs debate site.

Go to any other anime community and they will care less about powerscaling in OP.

The Calaca said:
It's one of the main flaws OP has had with Haki's introduction, if you think about it.
But I think you're barking at the wrong tree. We're doing this in a vs debate site.

Go to any other anime community and they will care less about powerscaling in OP.
Isn't the focus of a General Discussion Thread to discuss anything you want?

If we want to talk about Haki as a power system, why wouldn't be able to do so here?

Again, even if what you say is true, you're talking about a place where such things are bound to happen more often.

And it's not like we never talk about anything else <_<

Try bringing conversation to another forum, or bring a topic interesting enough to discuss without falling on powerscaling.

But again, you're talking to a bunch of people on a power-scaling site. You're asking for the wrong thing in the wrong place.

Garp and Sengoku revision

Back