• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Seventeen Fishman Island

Kidkinsey said:
u better link it when u drop it
The first chapters are not gonna be anything special It's just the Summit War and Forward that is gonna have some major changes

Oh just to ask,do you think i should take breaks like Oda?

"The oil in the pot was heated to over 700 degrees, and it kept increasing. 30 minutes to go, it had became a deadly heated hell, boiling oil was burning Oden. However, Oden did not die."

Chaden.

Also, Oden died with a smile after Kaido shot him in the head. Was Oden a D? He did say that his clan was part of ppl that took on a great power in the past, so the Kozukis came from the D family?

He's not confirmed to be a D., but I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

LordWhis said:
Not every great man has to be a D- Whitebeard, Zoro and so on.
Yeah, but; 1.He died with a smile. 2.Said his clan was part of people that took on a great power in the past. 3.He said his soul will go on, just like Roger said he would not die to Rayleigh. 4.Law's parents said there are other families that hid the D in their names. 5.He had the voice of all things.

It's the same feat showed in the manga. MHA uses anime versions for calculations if I'm not mistaken.

think the chapter confirmed that Kaido won't be took down by a single person, and that the Scabbards won't be the ones to beat Kaido (although I feel they should), my prediction is gonna be Luffy & Zoro or Luffy, Zoro, Law and Kid. I'd prefer if it was just Luffy & Zoro thus making it so the Yonko are taken down just by the strawhats.

Generally speaking, they don't. Using anime is a bad idea in general.

I doubt it, he hasn't been a pirate long enough to warrant a bounty higher than the yonko.; Nor do the government know about his retainers or him being the shogun of wano.

@cin & fix: I mean Luffy always gets a higher bounty than the people he defeats despite the fact he is often not as big a threat as them.

Katakuri is clearly a much bigger threat to the WG than Luffy is at this stage but Luffy got a higher bounty for being stronger than him.

But just for fun let's take a look at Oden's greatest hits

1) His infamy catapulted the WB pirates past the Roger pirates in the newspapers

2) He lead Roger to Laugh-Tale and the One Piece

3) He outdid the Yonko and the Marines VS Kaido

Given the bounties of Luffy and Teach in an even shorter timeframe, I could actually see Oden's bounty being very high. Even higher if they know he has Voice of all Things, reads and writes the language of the old world, and has a blood claim to Wano.

Knowing the true history of the world alone should give you a couple of billion easy.

I remember once before the Yonko bounty reveal I asked people whether Rayleigh or Kaido would have a higher bounty and people were pretty unanimous on it being Rayleigh coz he knew about the void century.

Katakuri isn't a bigger threat than Luffy. The fact that Luffy has called for an all out war to the WG is enough to consider him more dangerous.

The WG raises his bounty so High because he possess an attittude dangerous to them, ignoring the law and even attacking their HQs from time to time. They see those events as an increase in power, and as such, he becomes a bigger danger for he's constantly growing and becoming harder to stop.

Like, at all. They hint a character's power, but it's not entirely based on that.

Ofc, strong people will likely have high bounties, but if they manage to pass through unnoticed they wouldn't have a high bounty to begin with.

"Like, at all" is totally too strong a response. No point in judging say 310 mill>305 mill but let's not be ignorant and pretend stronger chracters don't get higher bounties as a rule of thumb,.

Robin as a child had a 79m Beli bounty despite being a serious threat to the Government via knowledge.

When it comes to Oden vs Luffy in terms of their accolades, the WG simply knew far more about Luffy's achievements, and attempted to hide them from public eye--hence why his bounty never really spiked until after Dressrosa to Whole-Cake when Fujitora and Morgans made it VERY CLEAR the Straw Hats were responsible for the events that transpired whereas Alabasta and Impel Down were either hidden or the credit was shifted to a marine.

Oden has no reason to even have a Billion Beri bounty unless he straight up murdered Vice Admirals and destroyed entire cities. There was also no indication the WG knew he possessed knowledge of the Poneglyphs iirc.

Back