• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucci CRT 3: The Payback War

He SAW it, but didn't REACT to it.
It's like pre ts Luffy and Hawkins "seeing" Kizaru's kick about to hit them, but they couldn't dodge or block it.

Yes they are.
No they are not. And you know it but we can discuss on the general discussion abt this i dont want to derail..... Anyways since i deadass been reading this thread for almost 2 hours i disagree for KT's, Snook, Deiceived reasons their arguments makes sense. I also agree with Kachons proposals to just change the wording for Luccis battle vs Luffy.

It's like pre ts Luffy and Hawkins "seeing" Kizaru's kick about to hit them, but they couldn't dodge or block it.
Pretty funny how you're ignoring this
My point here is that in Lucci's situation, he just destroyed the rock that Luffy spit at him, and we even see that he was still regrouping himself from when he destroyed the rock when Luffy lunged at him.

Further building onto the unpredictability of Luffy's Gear 5, in this instance, Luffy lunged toward Lucci. Against your average fighter, they would just lunge straight into you with a punch, similar to how Goku did to King Piccolo here.

Instead of doing that, Luffy ended up on the side, with only his fist remaining in that straight path he started in. This is not how normal people fight. Lucci was definitely caught off-guard by this in addition to him not even fully being prepared for the attack.

Read this

Because I don't ******* care about that and stop pinging me to bring it up.
If you're not voting or bringing up a new point then you probably shouldn't even be commenting.
No they are not. And you know it but we can discuss on the general discussion abt this i dont want to derail..... Anyways since i deadass been reading this thread for almost 2 hours i disagree for KT's, Snook, Deiceived reasons their arguments makes sense. I also agree with Kachons proposals to just change the wording for Luccis battle vs Luffy.
Hm.. So write you down as agreeing with the new justifications/proposals for the scaling?

Maybe you confuse outpacing with blitzing because Marco using Crane Talons on Queen and him reacting but still get hit is definitely not a blitz😭

No reason why he wouldn't.

Look at the first scan.

Also, part of adaptability in combat is that you're unpredictable. Coming up with new solutions and acting differently in different situations (adaptability) is very unpredictable to the opponent, as they have no idea how you'd respond next. They go hand in hand in this context.

First scan I sent: Queen lifting rubble. He was able to see Marco, but couldn't react due to circumstances (in the process of lifting rubble off of himself)

Second scan I sent. Sanji came out of nowhere, and because of that, Queen didn't have enough time to respond correctly, which made him get him.

My point here is that in Lucci's situation, he just destroyed the rock that Luffy spit at him, and we even see that he was still regrouping himself from when he destroyed the rock when Luffy lunged at him.

Further building onto the unpredictability of Luffy's Gear 5, in this instance, Luffy lunged toward Lucci. Against your average fighter, they would just lunge straight into you with a punch, similar to how Goku did to King Piccolo here.

Instead of doing that, Luffy ended up on the side, with only his fist remaining in that straight path he started in. This is not how normal people fight. Lucci was definitely caught off-guard by this in addition to him not even fully being prepared for the attack.
..What?
How was he "still regrouping himself"??
By that point, the rocks had stopped, and Luffy had moved on to a new attack.
I don't know why you said that like Lucci was stunned by the attack and had to take a moment to process what happened.
And why would Luffy being on the side matter? Lucci still expected a hit, no matter where Luffy himself was.
So I don't really understand what you're trying to prove with that.
At this point we need to use every instance from dead even battles where a character misses more than twice and say they have to downscale.
"Dead even" where he couldn't ******* hit Luffy once lol okay

Guys for the love of Christ... Simply put along the lines of Lucci somewhat kept up with a casual G5 luffy but was clearly inferior and be done with it.
Yeah, this is what I'm trying to push too.
At first I thought he didn't scale at all, but I think he has enough feats of at least sort of keeping up with him that he should just downscale.

Anyway I'm currently waiting for DDM to read my post on his profile and possibly evaluate this, if not then it's a bit tricky because one staff member agrees with the downscaling (or to be specific, Kachon's new proposals, iirc), while one thinks he should still fully scale to Luffy.

Take attacks from Sanji multiple times without a lot of issue.
Hit Sanji multiple times without a lot of issue.
And even dodge/match him multiple times without a lot of issue.
Hmmm, then tell me what Lucci is doing if it isn't exactly that.

Disagree by what KT said also in one point Luccy dominated the fight because his superior stamina. He said and I quote "you have gotten slower."

Bump.
So uh.. What's the general consensus again?
iirc ByAsura agrees with a downscale but disagrees with changing the LS, or perhaps it's the opposite
KT disagrees and DDM is neutral
Basically we need another staff as the tie breaker.

Bump.
So uh.. What's the general consensus again?
iirc ByAsura agrees with a downscale but disagrees with changing the LS, or perhaps it's the opposite
KT disagrees and DDM is neutral
Basically we need another staff as the tie breaker.
How about we wait until Egghead ends (if we ever actually see Egghead ever again)?

Back