• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Seventeen Fishman Island

Being a top division commander in the Whitebeard Pirates is probably a good reason to possibly have a Billion Beri bountry. (It's not necessary of course, because of Ace), but it's a possibility.

Being apart of the Roger and Whitbeard pirates + being notorious for being strong I think he can have above a billion since the time he spent seems enough, if the government knew about his retainers, him being Shogun, having the abilities of hearing the voice of all things and reading poneglyphs + being the only person to scar the Invincible Kaido I can definitely see Oden reaching a maximum of 3 billion.

Ace had over 500 million, but i don't believe he did anything particularly notable over the course of his time as a pirate outside of defeating a Shichibukai (Doubt it's on his record, though).

Luffy on the other hand was absolutely ridiculous. He took down a Shichibukai early on, decimated Enies Lobby's forces and defeated CP9 alongside his crew, Attended the war in Marineford after freeing hundreds of prisoners from Impel Down, took down several Pacifista (which are regarded as being as expensive as a warship) and evaded the marines numerous times, got involved with the Yonko several times, defeated Doflamingo, acquired a fleet of over 5600, was reported to have "defeated Big Mom's crew in combat" and defeated two individuals possessing bounties between 800m and 1.05b each.

• Also the fact that the WG might falsely connect Luffy and Dragon to have an excuse to increase his notoriety further.
Luffy simply got (un)lucky to possess a bounty THAT high. Despite the WG trying to hide the fact he defeated Crocodile and freed many pirates from Impel Down, he had many serious achievements that resulted in his high bounty.

If several regions publicly ally themselves with Luffy (Hapo Navy, Alabasta, Fishman Island, Dressrosa, Drum Island and more), he will simply be regarded as a catastrophic threat to the marines at the same level as the Yonko themselves, and I would expect him to EASILY exceed Blackbeard's bounty solely because of this.

• Think about it like this: each Yonko including BB possess several islands sprinkled through the New World. Luffy, if his allies make it public, would have several regions from Fishman Island, East Blue, Paradise (1st half GL), and even the New World. He'd be the 2nd most influential party in the world, only topped by the WG itself and compared to the Yonko who would be somewhat below him in public influence.
    • Top. That. He'd definitely blow BB out of the water, and possibly even top both Kaido and BM's bounties
Meanwhile, Ace and Oden each have nothing spectacular on record. Hence why Ace is only barely over 500m and Oden is possibly around that if not a bit higher. Would not be surprised if he hit the 1b threshold, but i doubt it.

We will never know any character's bounty history as in depth as we do Luffy's. @Cin's comparative analysis is uselss in that regard.

I don't know why @Damage brings up WB commanders when none of them come close to a billion bounty.

But given Oden's power, and the Marines are at least somewhat familiar with it via the exchange between Akainu and SenGoku . . . . Then consider they knew he was with Roger who found Laugh-Tale. . . .

I think anywhwere from 2-5 billion makes sense. Depends if they knew and factored in the power of Wano, that he was the one to wound Kaido, and how much he contributed to finding Laugh-Tale with his abilities.

> I don't know why @Damage brings up WB commanders when none of them come close to a billion bounty.

Because every other top commander for the other Yonkous have Billion Beri bounties (or near-billion Beri bounties). I would not be surprised if Jozu and Marco do too.

He said near-billion. Smoothie is 932 million. Last I checked that's pretty damn close to a billion.

Cracker also had 860 million. Still preeeetty close.

I don't see the disagreement here unless you're being overly pedantic solely for pedantry's sake

Queen and Jack all have billion Berri, wouldn't surprise me if King did too. Ace was new as a pirate and new as a commander so it being low is no surprise, if he survived Marineford I can definitely see it reaching 800 million - 1 billion for taking part in the war near the end, escaping execution and for being Roger's child.

As for Big Mom's children it may just be that They haven't committed many crimes in the government's eyes, or oda changing his mind on how high the bounty level will creep up.

@Emit Yea I do agree. I used to rank Ace lower in part due to his bounty but I've since changed my mind looking at all the facts. I still dissagree with @Damage's notion that said WB pirates are automatically Bill. Also I think scalign Oden's bounty fromt hem at all is a low-ball.

Yeah, punching a Celestial Dragon is way the **** up there in notoriety. You physically cannot hide that occurring anymore because the Celestials themselves would openly be declaring the Marines need to kill Luffy for it.

To be fair, Luffy's bounty was lowballed until WCI. I fail to imagine what could Kid do to gain a bounty higher than Pre-TS Luffy who did something as bad as punching a Tenryuubito (which is the biggest sign of danger as he doesn't care about their authority nor the consequences they can generate).

Kid killed innocent people, alright. What else? What's so bad that tops the kind of feats Luffy has?

I seriously think Oda didn't think well the bounty increase rate. Jinbe said that from 400m is harder to raise the bounty, but for beating another Shichibukai he got to 500m and for fighting a Yonko and surviving he raised it to 1.5b.

It makes no sense when you look at his other actions. Declaring war to the WG, defeating 2 Shichibukai (both events were hidden, however), the CP9's strongest member, "escaping" from an Admiral, raiding Impel Down and freeing a lot of prisoners, raiding Marineford and managing to escape alive even when the 3 Admirals, the Hero and the Fleet Admiral at some point fought him.

Luffy should have had the 1.5b bounty since then, tbh.

Things to note from a power perspective in this chapter: the line in the scans where Oden says "Get as strong as you can" is actually "Build your strength while you can" which implies build the strength of his army (and that it will be irrelevant), the note Oden leaves for Toki implies Oden doesn't believe anyone will be able to stop Kaido in the next 20 years (this relates back to Kaido's introduction where they say Not even the four emperor's have been able to kill him) and the figures to defeat and kill Kaido won't originate from the new world and will have "muscle" there way in.

Great chapter! Oden was truly quite the character (and not to mention a character that's arguably either just as divisive as or even more so than Zoro within the OP fandom XD)

One of my favorite parts in the chapter was Kawamatsu, Kin'emon, and Denjiro basically telling the citizens to f**k off when they started supporting and cheering Oden on lol.

I'm glad we're finally returning to the present storyline next week, but also a tad bit anxious about it. Specifically due to the uncertainty of what Oda has planned for certain Straw Hats during the big battle in Wano.

Nah Luffy won't learn swordsmanship, that was proven when he even used nidai kitetsu and it was just regular punches while holding the sword. It'd also be pretty useless addition for Luffy since the gomu gomu doesn't really work with swords.

I hate when people say things that I character won't do. We aren't the writers.

Someone claimed Luffy wouldn't kee the sword he has now because Zoro would take it lmfao ƒñúƒñú and we see what happened.

Back