• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Nine Return To Water Seven

Something I noticed. Luffy has started spamming the CoC now. He has used it like three times now.

Honestly, going over the lastest chapter. the Wano arc as a whole is starting to grate on me

So just to recap, Luffy's been stuck in a prison run by the villains for the last several chapters, and he's finally pissed off the higher-ups enough to order his execution. Rather than just killing him on the spot, they sentence him to a sort of sumo-style bloodsport where he has to fight an endless horde of thugs while wearing a collar that will sever his head if he gets knocked out of the ring. Which is dumb, but pretty standard villain stuff. Plus, you know, the bad guys are pirates. Regimented discipline and adherence to protocol isn't exactly their thing.

And more importantly, Luffy is wearing handcuffs made of seastone - basically Devil Fruit user kryptonite. By this point in the series he's strong enough to move around and use at least some of his strength instead of going completely limp on contact, but he still can't use any of his powers, so sooner or later even regular thugs are going to wear him down. So logically, the bad guy in charge has his cuffs removed so he can put up a fair fight, and Luffy immediately uses Conqueror's Haki to blitz the first wave of thugs without even touching them.

Another complaint would be that there's way too many things happening at once, and it keeps jumping around so much that I can't keep track of who's doing what or how much time has passed.

Though I will continue to trust in Oda that all of this is just a cog in a grander scheme in the future but at the moment, it just irritating.

The fodder guys would kill him on the spot but Queen is in charge right now and he wouldn't obviously do that, he wants entertainment rather than a boring ordinary execution. Plus Kaido wants him to join his crew

Yeah, they aren't killing Luffy right away because he'd be a valuable asset to them.

Don't think they could have killed Luffy anyway when he has conquerors haki and he is starting to use it more in character

What's up with the Whitebeard quote on his page? The Marineford one? Extra words have been added that weren't there before, i haven't seen any translation where he says some of those words and definitely not in the official translation

The quote on whitebeards page. "The boast to the forces of Marineford" Extra words have been added to it, which he doesn't say.

No idea. I remember editing the page myself but I asked someone else to get the quote because I don't remember it.

Well the current one looks fabricated, he doesn't say it in the Viz translation or the main fan translations. The previous version was more accurate

There are more then a few irregularities on that page. For example, it mentions the "daughters' of Whitebeard despite WB not allowing women inhis crew.

A pretty interesting chapter.

Also, after the previous chapter my suspicions that Seastone can negate Haki are further increased. Luffy was freed from his Seastone restraints and immediatley used Haki.

Back