• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Can We Get Much Faster - God Tier Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last warning to everyone on this thread. Provide evidence for your claims or just... back out. Failure to do so will see you taking a trip down to the RVT.

They literally show a sequence of events in order... This is literally just "you have no proof... except for this proof, it doesn't count because reasons I guess"
Sequence of events that show no proof Sanji moved 180 degrees in the timeframe of queens lasers travelling 50cm.
You're not answering my question: Can you prove this with actual evidence rather than personal belief?
Nope. But if you weren't being a liar you would realise It isn't 50cm.

Sequence of events that show no proof Sanji moved 180 degrees in the timeframe of queens lasers travelling 50cm.
Now you're just stonewalling. Given the sequence of events (such as Sanji having made the full rotation by the time the laser made contact with the ground), it's evident that he did
Nope. But if you weren't being a liar you would realise It isn't 50cm.
So you don't have evidence and are resorting to petty accusations, got it

Your negative claim is just "nuh uh" without any proper backing...
exactly good job, that's what a negative claim is, I don't need justification as the burden of proof isn't on me as im stating non existence of something the burden of proof is on the positive claim. What youre doing is burden shifting.

exactly good job, that's what a negative claim is, I don't need justification as the burden of proof isn't on me as im stating non existence of something the burden of proof is on the positive claim. What youre doing is burden shifting.
That's... completely misusing all of those terms. Even a negative claim requires substantiation beyond just "no," otherwise no one's gonna take it seriously

That's... completely misusing all of those terms. Even a negative claim requires substantiation beyond just "no," otherwise no one's gonna take it seriously
it doesn't as I don't have the burden of proof, that's on the positive claim and if u wanted to you could've explained how it was incredulity but you didn't so what competent person would take you serious?

it doesn't as I don't have the burden of proof, that's on the positive claim and if u wanted to you could've explained how it was incredulity but you didn't so what competent person would take you serious?
What competent person would take you serious?
Like, at least 5 people on this thread alone

Anyways, the calcs make it abundantly clear what the distance is. Queen is also leaning his head over so despite Sanji being further from the body, that has no bearing on how far he is from Queen's head.

A panel showing both Queen and Sanji should definitely be used over a panel that just shows Queen which's purpose is to show Queen shooting the laser.
The most recent panel should be used. Simple as that. Even so, its a contradiction to your pixel scaling.

Like, at least 5 people on this thread alone

Anyways, the calcs make it abundantly clear what the distance is. Queen is also leaning his head over so despite Sanji being further from the body, that has no bearing on how far he is from Queen's head.
none of them are competent for one and my comment was on if what vzear said was incredulity or not, and its not

none of them are competent for one and my comment was on if what vzear said was incredulity or not, and its not
I would say multiple staff members and a calc group member are competent enough to judge a calculation's merit. Certainly more so than a member who has no business questioning their ability to do so to begin with.

Almost ever single one of your over 1000 posts has been cringe sooooo
Stalker.
In the event of a contradiction, it then comes down to which is more reliable. Kachon has given an argument for why his is more reliable to use here
Explain why it would be better to use a panel that happens 2 panels before the feat over a panel that happens one panel before the feat. Lets not forget the fact that 50cm is clear bullshit.

"Sanji and Queen were both in the panel" isn't a good argument.

Explain why it would be better to use a panel that happens 2 panels before the feat over a panel that happens one panel before the feat. Lets not forget the fact that 50cm is clear bullshit.

"Sanji and Queen were both in the panel" isn't a good argument.
Claiming something's not a good argument simply because you said so is not how I'd go about this, but sure. Fundamentally, nothing really changes between the two panels as far as event sequence goes, so I'd rather go with the one that shows both characters to properly gauge a distance between them.

Also, "clear bullshit"? Don't argue from your feelings.
Because its contradicted by a panel after the fact.
I could also say your 1 meter result is "clear bullshit" because it's contradicted by the Sanji and Queen panel.

You have two panels. One of which has a single character performing an action against another who isn't on-page, and another with both characters being present at the same time, from which a clearer comparison and visualization can be made.

Two calculation group members and 3 evaluating staff looked at both scenarios and decided the one with a proper measurable distance between two characters is preferable for use.

This isn't rocket science. This is a basic choice of what's accepted as a more accurate feat by people that, being honest, hold far more credibility than a new member who floundered that he couldn't downgrade a series for the sake of it when debunked on that fact.

There's no agenda here. The thread just passed.

I'd say quite the opposite, given they've actually argued while you've just said "no" and that's it.

Please make proper arguments instead of just going "nuh uh." I'm just gonna ignore you if you don't
the irony coming from you shifting the burden when all you had to do was explain how it was incredulity

I would say multiple staff members and a calc group member are competent enough to judge a calculation's merit. Certainly more so than a member who has no business questioning their ability to do so to begin with.
I never questioned the calc why are you responding to me

I'm not talking about your claims (or lack thereof). I'm telling you stop clogging the thread with nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back