• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Omniman (TV) potential upgrade?

I really don't see why we compare mark's training method of stopping a small, close by meteor to nolah diverting a extinction meteor, the only instruction he gave was for him to throw it back, as far as we know mark choose to stop it like that on his own, and the feat could've take several minutes for mark.

Nolah having experience with meteors means nothing, different meteors can be haddle with different ways, small ones can be throw while large ones can be pushed slightly, it would still be meteor experience.

1. "Now, we don't see Omni-Man stop this meteor, so instead we're calculating the energy to stop this meteor."

What

2. No, we already went over how the sheer vagueness of the feat makes any calculation unreliable because it would be either a massive lowball or highball.

The feat is much too vague to be used yes. Instead a "likely far higher" should likely be in place.
Okay. That seems fine to use instead then.

Are you willing to mention in the calculation blog that the feat has been rejected please?

I'm unable to comment on blogs on mobile while I'm away unfortunately.

I can say here and someone may link this comment on the blog but that's all I can offer myself.

Because again,we have no idea how he stopped it, is not the energy of the meteor that is the problem, is the method of stopping it, diverting can easily mean he slowly pushed the meteor to the side to make it miss, and even though that can be calculated, we don't have any timeframe as well.

3rd law means take the energy from the cause as a reaction, such as stopping it, or throwing it, but having no reference for the energy he had to produce doesn't help.

Also, I will say this, from the way Omni-Man held his hands up, you can either assume the meteor was the diameter of Texas or the area of Texas, I calced this feat assuming he meant the area of Texas

There is no evidence of implication it was, mark was training with a building sized meteor and he took a long while, nolah dealt with basically a extinction event meteor, they are nowhere near the same and nolah doesn't give any indication he did it like that, he just says he diverged

Hell, the fact he said diverged, which tends to mean changing direction, instead of stopping, gives more indication of him slowly pushing it tot he size far away from earth, which requires a timeframe even more than stopping

Y'all keep saying timeframe while moving the meteor with the assumption of 24 hours would already be big. But considering idk how to do lifting strength I'll just keep silent

I dunno why we're still asking for a tier here. Even if we have it a tier, it would not be any more reliable than a "likely higher" value. Because the thing is a massive assumption.

I dunno why we're still asking for a tier here. Even if we have it a tier, it would not be any more reliable than a "likely higher" value. Because the thing is a massive assumption.
I know we're separating the show from the comic, but Viltrum's going to get destroyed eventually in the show! There's no denying the source material's events. And having Omni-Man at 7-A is kinda unjustified if he's going to destroy Viltrum

As for the LS. It should also be "likely far higher"

The force applied in this case would be force to decelerate an object, which again, we have no idea how quickly Nolan stopped the meteor, so one of our values is completely unknown.

Basically Force = Mass * Acceleration
We haven't the slightest idea what the Acceleration value is.

Kieran makes good sense above.

Is somebody willing to apply his conclusions to the relevant wiki pages?

Back