• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible tv series upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve rewatched some of invincible recently and noticed that they have feats or statements far above there current ratings. Such as:

Mark stopping a meteor, which Nolan stated would have taken out a country
While mark took some time to stop the meteor, Nolan still thought of it as merely just training for mark despite it being able to destroy a country
Omni-man TEACHES Invincible to catch an ASTEROID | Invincible Episode 5

Nolan speed blitzing the flaxans

(0:44)

Which was calced to small country lvl(the dust kicked up)
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:AbaddonTheDisappointment/Omni-Man_Recalc

And of course omni-man’s infamous Texas feat. Which I know isn’t widely accepted but it should atleast stand as supporting evidence.

While this isn’t exactly country lvl(not even close actually)this should so that tier 7 attacks are below them. Mark was able to shrug off an attack from doc seismic

Doc Seismic vs Invincible & Atom Eve Fight Scene | The Invincible Season 1 Episode 3 (2021)
(1:21)

The same guy that could casually cause massive quakes which could easily range from city to island lvl
Doc Seismic vs Invincible & Atom Eve Fight Scene | The Invincible Season 1 Episode 3 (2021)
(2:30)

So because of these feats I believe mark should be upgraded to high 7-a mark should be upgraded to low 6-b and Nolan to just 6-b respectively.

Accepted:

LuffyRuffy46307 , Marvel_Champion_07 ,TheRustyOne,Shmeatywerbenmanjenson,Hagane_no_Saiyajin, Jason_Courne

Neutral:

Disagree:

Last edited:
The math in your version is fine.

But I'd like to point out we aren't certain if Mark was or wasn't pushing against the meteor for a significant amount of time before we see it. We don't see him get to the meteor and start to push it, by the time we see him he's already pushing and was doing so for an unknown amount of time beforehand.

So that result would be a higher end if we go by that method. I've already explain my thoughts about the other calc.

The math in your version is fine.

But I'd like to point out we aren't certain if Mark was or wasn't pushing against the meteor for a significant amount of time before we see it. We don't see him get to the meteor and start to push it, by the time we see him he's already pushing and was doing so for an unknown amount of time beforehand.

So that result would be a higher end if we go by that method. I've already explain my thoughts about the other calc.
Yeah I just went with the time we see on frame

Any suggestions on a timeframe to use?

Uncertain since we don't know how long Mark was there.

I believe measuring the on screen distance traveled between when we see the meteor and when Mark stops it is good enough.

Using the measurements in the other calc. The meteor is over 12756*1080/[361*2*tan(70deg/2)] = 27250.488 km away from the Earth before we see it on screen.

Mark stops it and the meteor is just about to catch fire. Mark can't breath or speak in space, but he can breath and speak in low oxygen environments just fine. I'll assume they're at the Karman line, which is what is accepted to be the beginning of space from the Earth. That is 100 km above sea level. Consistent with what I've read.

Distance = 27250.488 - 100 = 27150.488 km

It took around 20 seconds before the meteor started catching fire.

Speed =1357.524 km/s or 1357524 m/s

Kinetic Energy = 1/2 * 105928200 * 1357524^2 = 9.7606026e+19 Joules or 23.32 Gigatons of TNT (Island level)

Divide by the time it took him to stop it from when we've seen it. That is 26 seconds.

Mark's Energy = 9.7606026e+19/26 = 3.7540779e+18 Joules or 897.246 Megatons of TNT (Mountain level+)

Obviously since Mark was slowing down the meteor during that time, the meteor's energy is actually higher. But Mark shouldn't be any weaker than this.

Assuming I did nothing wrong.

I believe measuring the on screen distance traveled between when we see the meteor and when Mark stops it is good enough.

Using the measurements in the other calc. The meteor is over 12756*1080/[361*2*tan(70deg/2)] = 27250.488 km away from the Earth before we see it on screen.

Mark stops it and the meteor is just about to catch fire. Mark can't breath or speak in space, but he can breath and speak in low oxygen environments just fine. I'll assume they're at the Karman line, which is what is accepted to be the beginning of space from the Earth. That is 100 km above sea level. Consistent with what I've read.

Kinetic Energy = 1/2 * 105928200 * 1357524^2 = 9.7606026e+19 Joules or 23.32 Gigatons of TNT (Island level)

Divide by the time it took him to stop it from when we've seen it. That is 26 seconds.

Mark's Energy = 9.7606026e+19/26 = 3.7540779e+18 Joules or 897.246 Megatons of TNT (Mountain level+)

Obviously since Mark was slowing down the meteor during that time, the meteor's energy is actually higher. But Mark shouldn't be any weaker than this.

ok so 7-A+...would omniman upscale into High 7-A?

Shouldn’t the KE be much higher since it was supposed to destroy the country?

Shouldn’t the KE be much higher since it was supposed to destroy the country
I already explained that above. The energy of the meteor is no doubt higher, but we don't know how long Mark was pushing against it.

Mark doesn't scale to the full energy of the meteor unless he stopped it in one second or less. As such my results are the lowest amount of energy Mark can scale to.

The meteor is stronger than this, but Mark wouldn't scale to that and we don't know how long he spent pushing against it to find out what he does scale to.

I already explained that above. The energy of the meteor is no doubt higher, but we don't know how long Mark was pushing against it.

Mark doesn't scale to the full energy of the meteor unless he stopped it in one second or less. As such my results are the lowest amount of energy Mark can scale to.

The meteor is stronger than this, but Mark wouldn't scale to that and we don't know how long he spent pushing against it to find out what he does scale to.
Hmmm, ok. What do you think of the rest of the crt?
eh, didn't seem like it. You'd need some crazy speed for it to be enough to destroy the country
He was in the middle of stopping it so we didn’t see it’s initial speed

Doc Seismic earthquakes aren't accepted as being Tier 6 to my knowledge.

You would need to calculate the destruction he causes to see what tier they are. Omni-Man's feat was discussed and rejected here.

Omni-Man's own meteor feat is too vague, as we also don't know if he stopped the meteor in one second or less. So we can't say for sure if he would fully scale to a meteor of that size. I imagine Omni-Man and Mark will get more feats in the future, especially with Season 2 approaching.

Ok so should I transcribe this to mine?

Or are you making your own calc?

Doc Seismic earthquakes aren't accepted as being Tier 6 to my knowledge.

You would need to calculate the destruction he causes to see what tier they are. Omni-Man's feat was discussed and rejected here.

Omni-Man's own meteor feat is too vague, as we also don't know if he stopped the meteor in one second or less. So we can't say for sure if he would fully scale to a meteor of that size. I imagine Omni-Man and Mark will get more feats in the future, especially with Season 2 approaching.
I’m not saying it is, I’m bringing it up to show tier 7 attacks aren’t much to these guys

that was rejected due to not enough evidence for constancy

It’s just supporting evidence

Why?

I know why you're results are lower, for some reason you're using the timeframe when it stops for the meteor's speed and not when it first catches fire. The meteor is being slowed down by Mark, as such the meteor's kinetic energy isn't actually what we list. That's why I did it until the meteor first caught fire.

If Mark wasn't slowing it down it'd get to the Earth faster. That's why my version is already a reasonable low ball. By the time it catches fire the meteor has visibly slowed down a lot, that's why I used it as the timeframe for the KE. Since the meteor would 100% be faster than that.

If you think I did something wrong though I'd prefer if you say it.

If you think I did something wrong though I'd prefer if you say it.
I made a calc cause I just wanted to get a crack at it. Idc if it's evaluated or anything. Don't mean to make it seem like I think your calc is wrong.
I know why you're results are lower, for some reason you're using the timeframe when it stops for the meteor's speed and not when it first catches fire. The meteor is being slowed down by Mark, as such the meteor's kinetic energy isn't actually what we list. That's why I did it until the meteor first caught fire.
This is also interesting and caught my interest. Thanks for letting me know.

High 7-A does seem like the bare minimum for Nolan (it's a 5% difference), if the 7-A+ Meteor calc is used

But wouldn't Omni-Man simply upscale the entire Meteors AP? He considered it a trivial threat, at worst a training opportunity for Mark
If Nolan were to upscale the meteor's entire 6-C possibly 6-B AP, it would provide massive support for his own casual 6-B

Last edited:
High 7-A does seem like the bare minimum for Nolan (it's a 5% difference), if the 7-A+ Meteor calc is used

But wouldn't Omni-Man simply upscale the entire Meteors AP? He considered it a trivial threat, at worst a training opportunity for Mark
If Nolan were to upscale the meteor's entire 6-C possibly 6-B AP, it would provide massive support for his own casual 6-B
This makes sense to me. But I have a feeling some people will be against it since we have no proof he could stop the asteroid in one second or less.

If we agree Omni-Man scales to the 6-C value, that means his Low 6-B feat is less likely to be considered an outlier.

Since he considers an at least 6-C asteroid to be small and stated it was a threat to the country.

Also should Mark be High 7-A when enraged and have High 7-A durability? Since his durability is accepted as being higher than his AP and his stats increase with rage.

This makes sense to me. But I have a feeling some people will be against it since we have no proof he could stop the asteroid in one second or less.

If we agree Omni-Man scales to the 6-C value, that means his Low 6-B feat is less likely to be considered an outlier.

Since he considers an at least 6-C asteroid to be small and stated it was a threat to the country.

Also should Mark be High 7-A when enraged and have High 7-A durability? Since his durability is accepted as being higher than his AP and his stats increase with rage.
For now sure(though I think the whole “enraged” thing is a bit odd)

Him considering it a nonthreat would probably be enough support
Probably, it's a noticable power amp and he has repeatedly survived getting whaled on by several characters several magnitudes stronger even in his base form

I mean with this new Borderline High 7-A feat and Doc Seismic's ability to create high magnitude earthquakes

I Don't think Low 6-B is that much of an Outlier now

Same with Nolans statement about the Texas sized asteroid, we may not know how long it took him to stop it but anything that size would definitely Yield Tier 6 result even if we use PE

I mean with this new Borderline High 7-A feat and Doc Seismic's ability to create high magnitude earthquakes

I Don't think Low 6-B is that much of an Outlier now

Same with Nolans statement about the Texas sized asteroid, we may not know how long it took him to stop it but anything that size would definitely Yield Tier 6 result even if we use PE
I thought the Texas feat was like moon lvl

The feat is unusable as we don't know how Omni-Man dealt with it, he didn't mention how what he did beyond saying he redirected it.

Which can mean so many things, it's entirely possible he doesn't scale to it in anyway. Or maybe he scales to it completely and effortlessly stopped instantly.

But that's why the Class Z rating is a possibly since he can redirect the asteroid without lifting or stopping it. It's why we don't have a rating for his AP beyond likely higher.

It's only Moon level by making an assumption that has no basis.

The Low 6-B feat will need discussion, I'd like the staff members who decided on the feat being an outlier to give their thoughts on this.

Tbh, I don't think his dura is really higher than his AP. Considering he can harm those who can harm himself, and Nolan was likely holding back so as to not kill his son. I think it's just more of a stamina feat for Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back