• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Omniman (TV) potential upgrade?

we know how he did it, because he's showing mark HOW to divert a meteor, why would he show mark a different way to do it then the one that worked for him before? that makes no sense. "Assumptions" yea assumptions backed up by the show itself and actual evidence/logic.
Why are you assuming Omni-Man did it the same way Mark did. The other meteor was years ago, Omni-Man could be showing Mark a completely different method.

No, the timeframe does not seen enough to have them scale. Iirc we never saw the full timeframe of even Marks feat, we just see him come into frame with the meteor iirc. Ok we have no idea of the timeframe for either.

Why are you assuming Omni-Man did it the same way Mark did. The other meteor was years ago, Omni-Man could be showing Mark a completely different method.
then omni man explaining that he diverted a meteor is completely irrelevant to his convo with mark, omni man's just bringing up shit that's not gonna teach mark at that point lmao

also why would it be done through another method?

we only know of ONE method in the show, why're you assuming there's another when the context doesn't support it,
that's a baseless assumption unlike all the ones i have made.

No, the timeframe does not seen enough to have them scale. Iirc we never saw the full timeframe of even Marks feat, we just see him come into frame with the meteor iirc. Ok we have no idea of the timeframe for either.
once again the timeframe should be reasonable due to how much the meteor is pushing them back, it would've fallen to earth's atmosphere if he took like an hour or what ever, we can assume it's a reasonable time frame, which i have already explained

also i found sth.
Nolan left the solar system in 2 weeks. that means he moves at 90,089,285,714 km/h or 83x SoL.
might wanna make an upgrade later on.

Sorry ill stop derailing my own thread.

wouldn't that be an even bigger assumption?
Probably, but you can't not make assumptions, neither of us can prove shit. That's why a compromise of "At Least 7-A, likely far higher" is needed since nobody can be sure.

we only know of ONE method in the show, why're you assuming there's another when the context doesn't support it,
that's a baseless assumption unlike all the ones i have made.
Your getting needlessly aggressive. I'll have to re-watch the episode, so give me a while.
Wtf, Nolan specifically said he did the same thing
Gonna re-watch the episode.

once again the timeframe should be reasonable due to how much the meteor is pushing them back, it would've fallen to earth's atmosphere if he took like an hour or what ever, we can assume it's a reasonable time frame, which i have already explained
Do we actually see him catch the meteor on-screen? If not we can't assume anything any more reliably than anything else.

Im not getting needlessly aggressive, you're repeating the same arguments everyone else has repeated despite me refuting all of them multiple times.
So yeah, your getting needlessly aggressive. If I'm wrong, don't get all pissy. Be an adult, and let me confirm some things to support myself.

Y'all need to calm down.

Could I have a clip of the feat, I'm unable to re-watch the scene on Amazon rn.

Probably, but you can't not make assumptions, neither of us can prove shit. That's why a compromise of "At Least 7-A, likely far higher" is needed since nobody can be sure.
my assumptions have more backing them up tho
So yeah, your getting needlessly aggressive. If I'm wrong, don't get all pissy. Be an adult, and let me confirm some things to support myself.
just ignore what i said then ig

he is being pretty calm after refuting the same arguments whilst you are acting like a child
WkUjv7j.png

he is being pretty calm after refuting the same arguments whilst you are acting like a child
WkUjv7j.png
....What? How? How am I acting like a child? I did nothing even close to that. Being wrong isn't being childlike, and I don't even know if I'm wrong or not, give me a bit to confirm some stuff.

Calling me a child and then calling me pathetic is completely ******* unnecessary, dude.

Yeah we have no idea how long Mark has been pushing that meteor, and he doesn't throw it fast at all.

Ok, first off, Omni-Man didn't say he did the same thing. He said he diverted it. That isn't nearly enough to assume he did the same thing. You can divert something a number of ways.

As I said, if KE is not applied the GPE is a Low-End. Because we know that Nolan at some point lifted meteor and threw it
|U| = GMm/r
Mass = 1.4622013e+21Kg
Radius = 650955 meters
G = 6.67408e-11 Nm^2/kg^2
Energy = 2.1920718e+26 Joules (High 6-A)

Regardless of what Nolan did, he stopped the meteor, which is necessary to exceed the GPE

Last edited:
We still don't know the timeframe at all, just like marks feat. So we can't get much for that reliably.

The timeframe would still absolutely affect a GPE calc.
Can you explain why? Nolan explains that he stopped and threw the meteor, this is obviously exceeding the GBE. Timeframe is extremely useless

EDIT and note: The method I used was used mainly because the original feat did not have a reliable timeframe

Last edited:
Kieran seems to make sense to me. WIthout visual evidence, we would have to guess the speed and timeframe.

We can probably use a "likely higher (Claimed to have thrown a meteor the size of Texas)" though.

Can you explain why? Nolan explains that he stopped and threw the meteor, this is obviously exceeding the GPE. Timeframe is extremely useless

EDIT and note: The method I used was used mainly because the original feat did not have a reliable timeframe
|U| = GMm/r
Mass = 1.4622013e+21Kg
Radius = 650955 meters
G = 6.67408e-11 Nm^2/kg^2
Energy = 2.1920718e+26 Joules (High 6-A)

Regardless of what Nolan did, he stopped the meteor, which is necessary to exceed the GPE
I don't assume timeframe, I just consider the obvious. He threw the meteor, which makes him superior to GPE (which is considered in 99% of feats)

Okay. That seems fine to me, but I am not a calc group member.

I have called him too much for that lately, and this does not seem important enough, but I can call a few other calc group members.

I have called him too much for that lately, and this does not seem important enough, but I can call a few other calc group members.
Please do so, this seems like a discussion for them.

EDIT: Seems Ant was one step ahead of me lol

Back