• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

He is going to destroy the 3 worlds, and after that is going to create something from it.

I guess to make sure what the original said is the same in official TL's?

Yes. 世界 is Sekai, or World. When this is used, it can mean a number of things (like most kanji's). In its case, World can mean either the very planet we live in or the universe we live in, with other meanings added to it such as society.

It depends on how it's used and what it could be referring to.

Last edited:
latest.jpeg
Bumping

@ByAsura That second one looks like it'll have to have its own post.

Here's the first one.

ガンバスターの後継機を造るプランは、ガンバスターが最初の戦いでその無敵ぶりを発揮した時から立案されていた。後継機には「ガンバスターセカンド」のプロジェクトネームが与えられ、「目標パワーは初代機の60%」「エルトリウムと同じ構造の推進機により、通常ワープ、コラプサージャンプ、量子第二段階加速航法による移動を状況に応じて使い分けられる」など、完成すれば宇宙に比類ない超絶最強兵器となるはずだった。

だが、宇宙怪獣との戦いの余波による大災害からの復旧や、予定を早められたカルネアデス計画のあおりをうけ、試作機製作が30%ほど進んだところで、プロジェクトは一時中断となってしまった。

The plan to build a successor to the Gunbuster had been in development since the Gunbuster showed its invincibility in the first battle. The successor was given the project name "Gunbuster Second," and was to have "60% of the target power of the original" and "a propulsion system with the same structure as the Eltrium, allowing it to use normal warp, collapser jump, and quantum second-stage accelerated navigation" depending on the situation. When completed, it was to be the most powerful weapon in the universe.

However, due to the recovery from the catastrophe caused by the aftermath of the battle with the space monsters and the accelerated schedule of the Carneades project, the project was temporarily suspended after about 30% of the prototype had been built.

@ByAsura Second one:

What is "Aim for the Top! What is "NeXT GENERATION"?

"Aim for the Top! NeXT GENERATION" is a sequel to the 1988 OVA "Aim for the Top!", and was developed in multiple media, including the serialization of the comic "Excavation Battleship Alexion" by Kentaro Yano in Cyber Comics (published by Bandai Publishing), and the release of a novel by Toru Enzaki from Keibunsha Novels. As part of this, the comic "Great Attractor" by Tatsuya Souma was serialized in the monthly magazine Comptiq (published by Kadokawa Shoten).

The title of "NeXT GENERATION" comes from "Star Trek: The Next Generation," and the lower case e comes from Steve Jobs' computer "NeXT. Both were just beginning, state-of-the-art computers or remarkable gadgets at the time.

I recall that the idea was that the multiple stories told against the background of a world where the Galactic Federation and the Sirius Alliance are at odds, several hundred years after the first era, would be independent of each other, each from a different era, but somehow related to each other to form the larger NeXT world. However, only the one on the right was actually made into a work, and in a sense, it ended up as a phantom group of works.

There was another "NeXT GENERATION" serialized in Comptiq that was different from those works.

That was the reader participation game "Aim for the Top! NeXT GENERATION". Originally, before the first episode of the OVA "Aim for the Top!" was released, Comptiq was running a reader participation game called "Aim for the Top! NeXT GENERATION Super Encyclopedia" in the October 1989 issue. The basic idea was that readers would be divided into two groups, the Galactic Federation and the Sirius Alliance, and would participate in a single operation to determine the winner, with the best results being published in the magazine. The prologue part of the comic and the basic setting of the NeXT world included in this book was also published in this supplement. In addition, the most famous illustration from "Aim for the Top!" (the same motif can be seen on the jacket of the combined theatrical version DVD) was drawn for this supplement, or more precisely, for "NeXT".

In addition, there was a page titled "NeXT-WORLD TECHNICAL INDEX" by Imaminami, which was published at the end of the comic page, explaining the settings of the NeXT system (which may or may not be related to the main story). Some of them have been reprinted in this book, so please enjoy them.

Comptiq was not only a pathoge magazine, but also one of the main magazines of the otaku culture of the time (Although at the time, I didn't intend for it). That magazine had the most information and depth on "Aim for the Top! NeXT GENERATION", and it was probably inevitable that it became the main source of information on "Aim for the Top!" (It also reflects the changing times).

From 2004 to 2006, the sequel to the OVA, "Aim for the Top 2!", was produced, and it was initially rumored among fans that "NeXT" had been dropped. However, as anyone who has seen the story to the end can tell you, the "NeXT" setting was made use of. At the same time as the comic, Media Works has also released an "Aim for the Top 2! Complete Reading Book", so if you watch and read that as well, you'll be able to enjoy this comic even more.

Text by ACME (in charge of reader participation game development)

Last edited:
Not a problem. Some of these take a while but I get the job done enough, even if very roughly.

Also to those I didn't take in the past to now, I should note that any scans I can't quite make out is why I don't do them lest I get incorrect translations to make.

Not saying I don't want to do it, I just cannot unless the scans are more clearer for me to see and make out all the words so I know what I'm dealing with.

If this isn't too much to work with—which it probably is, and I apologize if it's that case—could you translate these?
Also, could I get a translation of "ジオラル王国"? I just want to know what the correct spelling of the kingdom is.

If this isn't too much to work with—which it probably is, and I apologize if it's that case—could you translate these?
Also, could I get a translation of "ジオラル王国"? I just want to know what the correct spelling of the kingdom is.
It's fine. Think I'm getting used to this by now, even if I have to do multiple posts so I don't clog one post up.

Anywho:

<Recovery>
Healing sorcery. Generally, it only strengthens self-healing power. Thus, it is useless against loss of limbs and infectious diseases that do not have antibodies. However, the <Recovery> of a hero of [Healing] has the property of returning and recreating the target to the way it should be, and as long as the target that is being "recovered" is still alive, any kind of treatment is possible, but it has the side effect of reliving the memories, experiences, and emotions of the target, causing pain and fear to the practitioner.

<Imitation>
A derivative of <Recovery>. It copies the desired knowledge and skills from the information relived by <Recovery>.

<Reform>
Derived from <Recovery>. It returns the target to its ideal form with <Recovery> but instead of returning, it instead changes the desired form of the target without imagining what it should be.

<Deterioration>
A derivative of <Recovery>. It is a <Recovery> that returns the user to what they should have been, but by intentionally making the target's ideal state into a "broken state", it has been sublimated as an instant death magic for offensive uses.

<Plunder>
A derivative of <Recovery>. In the case of <Recovery>, the user will be connected to the opponent by a path of magical power, and by sucking up the opponent's power from that path, the user can weaken their opponent while strengthening themselves.

Hero
Ten transcendent beings in the world. When a Hero dies, a new one awakens within a year. Those who become a Hero have their characteristics strengthened. If you are a [Healing] Hero, your <Recovery>, which is only an enhancement to your self-healing, becomes equivalent to time regression or construction, and if you are a [Art] Hero, you can use the fifth level of magic beyond that permitted to humans. Additionally, it is said that the bodily fluids of male Heroes have the power to break through the upper limit of strength.

Sword Saint
A title given to the most outstanding swordsman of the Clyrets, the royal swordsmanship instructors in the Kingdom of Jioral, who have left behind overwhelming achievements. Kureha is the youngest and the most talented swordsman in the world, and is the youngest person to take the title from her father.

Title
In the Kingdom of Jioral, those who have shown overwhelming military prowess and achievements are given titles such as [Sword Saint] as their second name. Among them, [Hawk Eye], [God's Speed], and [God of Death] are different from those who are called the Three Heroes.

Jade Eyes
The eyes of a non-human being given by a star spirit. In addition to clairvoyance, spiritual sight, and x-ray, it also has the power of [Appraisal] which allows it to see the true nature of an opponent.

Philosopher's Stone (Heart of the Demon King)
The world's best magic catalyst. It can strengthen all kinds of magic to an unbelievable degree. However, it can only strengthen that, and is not a universal stone to grant wishses. The King of Jioral plotted to conquer the world by strengthening his brainwashing magic, and Keyaru returned the world itself to the state it was in a few years ago by strengthening his <Recovery>.

Caladorius
A divine bird worshipped by the Black-winged tribe, whose power can be borrowed by overcoming trials.
It is a historical fact of salvation that he devoured the disease that killed half of the world's population, but he is also said to have destroyed a country by spreading said disease.

Class
In this world, when a person reaches a certain age, he or she awakens to a "class" and is considered an adult. Depending on the class one has awakened to, one's abilities are enhanced and they can acquire skills.

Black-winged Tribe
A race of demons with distinctive black wings. They are able to use light and dark magic, two attributes of extreme rarity, and their magic power is the highest among all the demon races. In particular, a priestess born every few hundred years has the souls of her people in her wings, and can use them as her dependents.

Ice Wolves
Demi-humans with the ears and tail of a white wolf. They possess excellent senses and physical abilities, and can handle magic power to manipulate ice. They are valued as slaves for battle and are targeted by the Jioral Kingdom's Demi-human hunters.

Requesting a Translation for this and this please.
First one:

Voice:
Beyond a thing and a heart...you have become someone beyond everything.
Hazama:
Ah...
Voice:
But...

Second one:

Dr. Otsuki:
Hazama.
Your answer sheet...
It's always... They... The way you phrased it...
I'm not saying it's wrong.
I'm just saying...
You... Uh... It's...
What do you think of plasma?
Hmm?
Ah... It is the phenomenon of this world.
The plasma theory that explains everything.
Demons and Spirits? Such a thing...
Does not exist.
Magic, demons...
That which isn't real...
How can you prove such a thing?
Science is about experimentation and proof.
If that's what you're saying....
Then you're not close to be able to leave now.

Hazama:

unknown.png

Can i get this entire scan translated

if its too small its from this page
DauOP8q.jpeg

Bottom left
共眼界 (ソリタ・ヴィスタ)
目玉を取ろから取り出し、割ることで映像などを共有化できる技。

Solita Vistas
Shares images and other information by taking out an eyeball and crushing it.

解空 (デスコレール)
空間にけ目を生み出し、そこを通って見世や虚圏 (ウェコムンド)を移動する。

Descorror
Creates an opening in space, enabling the user to navigate through this world and Hueco Mundo.

Last edited:
There's a kanji somewhere I missed out cuz I couldn't tell what it is, but I think the point of it still applies in Arrancars being able to create openings in space to travel between two worlds.

So, these were translated into English, but due to how high it would make the character, just making sure the translations are correct.

The Raw:

ソレの情報は全知と呼ばれる力をもつ神により、数多の世界の創造主たちへと伝わっていったが……その時点では、ソレはそこまで脅威とは認識されていなかった。

なぜなら世界の創造主たちの多くにとって世界をひとつ消すぐらい、やってできないことではない。全知全能の存在、全能すら超えた存在、無限という言葉ですら表現できぬ存在、高位次元を自在に作り出せる存在……理の範疇外に存在する者たちにとって、ソレは特筆すべき点などなかった。

対処など容易だと……その時はまだ……そう思われていた。

全知全能の存在が、全能を超えた存在が、無限という言葉でも表現できない存在が、高位次元を自在に作り出せる存在が……世界ごと終わりを迎え、消え去った。

What it was translated as in English:

"A certain being appeared out of nowhere in one of the many worlds. At first, it did not take any action, continuously staring at the world… before without rhyme nor reason, it brought the world to its end.

The information about this being was passed on to the creators of many worlds by a god with the power called omniscient… but at that time, it was not perceived as a threat.

Because for most of the creators of worlds, erasing a single world is not an impossible task. For those who exist outside the scope of logic… there is nothing noteworthy about omnipotent beings, beings that exceed omnipotence, being that cannot even be described by the word infinite, and beings that can freely create higher dimensions.

They could easily deal with her… at that time… that was what they thought.

Omnipotent beings, beings that exceed omnipotence, beings that cannot even be described by the word infinite, and even those beings that can create higher dimensions at will… Their worlds were brought to an end and they disappeared."

And then finally there is also this:

The raw:

そう言うとエデンは、手元に一冊の本を出現させ、無造作に開いてアリスに見せた。そのページには宇宙のようなものが描かれている。

「例えば、このページに描かれた存在を……無限の多次元宇宙に無限の同一存在を持ち、全知全能のさらに上位の能力を有する存在と仮定します。一息で複数の銀河を消し、無造作に手を振るだけで世界を消し去る。そんな存在を……貴女なら、どう倒しますか?」

「……無限の全能存在ですか……正直、ちょっと思いつかないですね。一体ぐらいなら権能を引っぺがして倒せるかもしれませんが、すぐに補填されるだけ……無限である以上、同時に倒すのも不可能ですね。というか、そもそも倒せる存在なんすか?」

「少なくとも、私では勝てませんね。では、シャローヴァナルならどうするか……とても単純ですよ。こうするのです」

そう告げるとエデンは、開いていた本のページを『閉じた』。

「……それが、シャローヴァナルの力です。『物語を終わらせる』……全知全能の存在を、全知全能の存在のまま終わらせる。無限の多次元宇宙に存在する全知全能を超えた存在を、無限の多次元宇宙に存在する全知全能を超えた存在として終わらせる」

「……」

「ひとつの世界を、一冊の本だと表現するのなら、シャローヴァナルはそれを閉じることのできる存在……いえ、そういう現象です。終わらない物語はない。それが悲劇であれ、喜劇であれ、あるいは停滞であれ……どんな物語にも終わりは存在する。故に、誰も、何者も……シャローヴァナルには敵わない。どれだけ引き延ばしても、いずれは終わる」

And the translation:

"As she said this, Eden-san made a book appear in her hand, casually opened it and showed it to Alice. On its page, there is a drawing of what seems to be a universe.

[For example, let's assume that the beings depicted on this page…… are infinite identical beings in an infinite multidimensional universe, with even higher capabilities of omniscience and omnipotence. One of them can erase multiple galaxies with a single breath, and obliterate worlds with a casual wave of their hand. How would you…… defeat such a being?]

[……An infinitely omnipotent being huh…… I honestly couldn't think of any. I might be able to pull off their authority and take them down one of them, but they'll just make up for it soon enough…… With its infinite numbers, it's impossible for me to defeat all of her bodies at the same time. I mean, in the first place, is it even possible to defeat such a being?]

[I, at least, wouldn't be able to beat such a being. Well then, as to what Shallow Vernal would do against such a being…… it's very simple. All she will do is this.]

Saying that, Eden "closed" the book.

[……That is Shallow Vernal's power. "End a story"…… Faced against an omniscient and omnipotent being, even with all the omniscience and omnipotence this being had, she would end their story. Faced with a being that exists in an infinite multidimensional universe which is more omniscient and omnipotent than other Gods, she would end the story of this being that exists in an infinite multidimensional universe which is more omniscient and omnipotent than other Gods.]

[……………….]

[If a world is described as a book, then Shallow Vernal is a being…… no, the phenomenon that can close it. There is no story that never ends. Whether it is tragedy, comedy, or stagnation…… There is an end to every story. Therefore, no matter who it is, no matter what kind of being it is…… They're no match for Shallow Vernal. No matter how long you try to delay it, everything will eventually end.]"

Everybody who can create a planet is called omnipotent, likewise they are omniscient, but they are more so nigh omniscient.

In short, don't take it too seriously. Just a fancy way of saying this character is powerful.

The implications here though put Shallow Vernal at like 5-D to 6-D, hence why I am confirming if it's legit or not.

Back