• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This is a thread for requesting translations from foreign languages from other members of this community.

However, take note that it has to be important for the purpose of figuring out proper statistics ratings, and similar issues relating to our work on improving the quality of this wiki.

Here are some basic rules:
  1. Help with translation requests is voluntary, and not mandatory. As such, other users should not complain if they don't get translations quickly or at all.
  2. If a member is asking for a translation, it shouldn't be more than a relevant paragraph or two, as no one has the time to translate entire chapters or books. If someone submits large text segments, that take up a lot of the thread, the post will be deleted.
  3. This thread could be used to translate any language, as long as there are users who are familiar with them. However, again, help is entirely voluntary, not compulsory.
  4. Only bump previous requests once every 7 days.
  5. A single person should not spam many requests at once.
  6. Strictly stick to relevant topics here. No chatter or talking with each other in a social manner. Saying thank you is fine, of course.
  7. Only ask for help if the information is genuinely important for planned content revisions threads.
  8. It should be noted that if the official translation exists, generally it is prioritized over fan translations. Refrain from making requests for things that are already officially translated.
If you are willing to help out with translating text segments for evaluation purposes, please write down your username in this list.

Translators should preferably keep in mind to first save their work in a word processor before posting it, for safety reasons.

Also, take note that repeatedly pestering other members about translations is strictly prohibited, and may lead to blocks being enforced.

Here are links to some image text extraction and translation sites that together should be useful for helping you with translating more straightforward raw scans on your own:

Last edited:
Is there anyone who knows japanese that can translate this page for me?
Just the text colums, I don't need everything
Thank you in advance

Is there anyone who knows japanese that can translate this page for me?
Just the text colums, I don't need everything
Thank you in advance
Bump, I don't even need most of the text, just to know if there's a reference to something that induces madness or the need of keeping your mind together and stuff like that.
I need only this little piece before making a CRT, because the english translations are kinda vagua on that specific point.

Edit: I received a translation

Last edited:
Anyone willing to translate this image? Doesn't have to be the whole thing, specifically need on how it does damage, so according to the pictures the right side pretty much.

Anyone willing to translate the sentence i put in this thread
Will post it here as well

その一瞬に満たない命が夢見た願いの巨大さによって数億年もの時を経て繁栄した地上のあらゆる生命体は等しく圧し潰されるだろう。

Anyone willing to translate the sentence i put in this thread
Will post it here as well

その一瞬に満たない命が夢見た願いの巨大さによって数億年もの時を経て繁栄した地上のあらゆる生命体は等しく圧し潰されるだろう。
Im not an expert, but my translator site says this: "The enormity of the wish dreamed up by that fleeting life will equally crush all life forms on earth that have flourished for hundreds of millions of years."

Thank you for helping out.

I'm rather curious if the ones who know Japanese well are actually subbed to here or not.

They could be busy for all I know, or just not subbed or not notif'd to get around here.

Anywho, yeah that one line above checks out.

For the other stuff not addressed yet (unless it already has elsewhere?):

@SamanPatou By columns, do you mean the stuff that says "Secret", "Graphic", and "Knowledge"? I'm trying to figure where you want to have requested to be chcked out.

@Ogbunabali That one is simple enough if it's just the right side...although with whoever the artist that did that, I am a little weirded out when I see text like that. It's not unrecognizable, it just makes things look weird. But I am not the artist so I cannot complain much there.

@Ogbunabali That one is simple enough if it's just the right side...although with whoever the artist that did that, I am a little weirded out when I see text like that. It's not unrecognizable, it just makes things look weird. But I am not the artist so I cannot complain much there.
It's concept art for Evangelion, that's why it probably looks like that. And yeah, the right side should be enough. As I said in my post I'm basically just interested in what it says about how the dagger does damage and whatnot.

It's concept art for Evangelion, that's why it probably looks like that. And yeah, the right side should be enough. As I said in my post I'm basically just interested in what it says about how the dagger does damage and whatnot.
Right. Should have known but writing like that can be pretty hard. Then again, looking at characters in scans that are in low quality are just as hard but managable if the text is still clear enough to make out.

Anywho, for the part you ask, it's basically a hi-frequency blade that cuts and separates any material it makes contact with.

Any other misc. stuff on there is just talking about how the dagger's blade starts to oscillate and the color changing to nothing I think but yeah, that's pretty much what I got out of the daggers function for the main part of looking at it...and how I can make out the characters.

So I'm guessing that means there was no mention of it being able to cut on a molecular level?

Pages_from_Kingdom_Hearts_Series_Memorial_Ultimania.png

I would like this a translation of this, it seems there's some stuff in there that would cancel the planned downgrade if it's what I and others think it is.
(Japanese)

@SamanPatou By columns, do you mean the stuff that says "Secret", "Graphic", and "Knowledge"? I'm trying to figure where you want to have requested to be chcked out.
Sorry if I didn't reply earlier, I didn't see the notification.

Anyway, I already received a translation some days ago, and I was wrong since the starts, given that that's not the scan with what I was looking for, nor was the other one I had. Thank you anyway for your help, though!

As the keyhole that leads to the "Heart of the World" appears in Hollow Bastion, the power of darkness grows stronger and is about to cover the world. With Kairi's talisman in his hand, Sora sets out for the final battle, hoping that, together with Riku, the three of them will be able to return to Destiny Island together. On the other hand, Riku, whose heart has been cast out into the World of Darkness, is also encouraged by a mysterious voice and seeks an opportunity to close the doorway to the darkness.
Sora visits Hollow Bastion again and closes the keyhole with the Keyblade, but Ansem has already left for the "Heart of the World". He heads for the "End of the World," a place made up of fragments of the world that are filling up with darkness. If the evil Ansem is defeated there, the world will return to its original state, and people will return to their respective places, and those from different worlds will be separated once again. The End of the World, which should not exist, will lose its form, and whoever is in it will not know what will happen to them. Still, believing in the emotional connection with their friends, Sora, Donald, and Goofy set out for the heart of darkness.
Encouraged by a familiar voice, Sora opens the final door to the End of the World and finds Ansem, who has completely taken over Riku's body, waiting for him on the fading Destiny Island. Ansem smiles fearlessly, saying that everything is born from darkness and are destined to return to darkness. Sora, however, insists that there is light in every dark place and confronts Ansem. "The battle for Kingdom Hearts, the "Heart of the world" - the great heart that connects the hearts of the world, has begun.

@Bobsican This is what I got out of the paragraph you requested to check out.

Noice~

@KingTempest

"Rather, my techniques have even doubled!!" -I kinda got something like this to put it roughly. IDK what the context is but I definitely remember where this took place and all. Guessing Kuroobi's(?) moves double in potency or something?

@BlackDarkness679

"A grotesque being that appeared in the present day as a result of the contact between two world-shaking evil stars, namely Jin Kazama and Kazuya Mishima, who possess the Devil Factor. Its appearance overwhelms anyone who sees it, and it has the power to reduce any being to ashes."

Here it is.

If the last sentence means it literally with the overwhelming and reducing to ash, might give a few new things to the character

Thanks man for doing

Overwhelm seems a bit odd since it doesn't specify anymore of what it really does. I guess some kind of aura thing it has for anyone that sees it. The Kanji for that, 圧倒, could also mean "to intimidate", "to frighten", and "to threaten" but primarily it seems to mean to overwhelm someone or something.

Reducing anybody to ashes (灰燼) is correct. Maybe they're both connected to each other?

But yeah, no probs.

Possible for someone to translate this page pls? I have alredy a translation but want to see if you guy find the same thing, thanks in advance

Last edited:
@KingTempest

"Rather, my techniques have even doubled!!" -I kinda got something like this to put it roughly. IDK what the context is but I definitely remember where this took place and all. Guessing Kuroobi's(?) moves double in potency or something?
They were under water, Sanji's techniques had half the potency while his was x2 under water.

It's for a 2x multiplier for Fishmen underwater basically. The full scan is here, and the viz translation (and another one) for reference.

Thank you though🙏

世界を揺るがす二つの凶星、すなわち、デビル因子を持つ三島一八と風間仁の接触に起因し、現代に姿を現した異形の存在。その姿は見る者を圧倒し、いかな存在とて灰燼と帰す力を有している。

@BlackDarkness679

Here you go. It always helps to actually text rip the text too in case you ever get someone else more experienced to check it out, which I do for literally every scan I look over ^^;

Aye, like this one here.

The site above is safe to use AFAIK. The free version only allows you to do up to 5 images at a time but it's helpful in its own way if you don't have that many scans to want to text rip from it.

The only problem I should warn you about is some Kanji's, even hiragana and katakana, can get screwed up. Could be due to text size, image quality, or both even. So you end up with a text file with 90+% of the text correct while the rest ends up getting a wrong Kanji that looks like the one in the image but not really.

Just forewarning when using this cuz I get this all the time and have to literally fix them up properly like the scans.