• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Apparently the joint measures 124.558824mm in height and 55mm in width (Using the scale to Berto's nose assuming the average), since there are two, double the force should be applied, right?
You need to account for hollowness, since that arm isn't a solid block of metal.

And no, two arms being used to pull does not multiply the force applied, it just evenly distributes the total force between the arms. So no multiplication of force should occur.

doing calculations the total area would be ~ 622.035 cm2
with a Hollowness of 90% would be 62.2035cm2 or 24.489566929 inches

Titanium has a PSI of 30,000 to 200,000 psi (210-1380 MPa), for context the robots were re-designed to accomplish high-risk missions by an international secret organization, so I'll use both ends.

low end

24.489566929x30,000 lb/in^2 =516,536,086 kg(Class M)

high end

24.489566929x200,000 lb/in^2= 3.44357391e9 kg (Class G)

this is well done right? It is the first time I do it and i feels that i made it wrong

I have just made a calculation for one fictional feat whose episode just released.

When after the episode release date time may I post it?
It is about Titan Luz and Eda evading from (just awakened) Titan Belos' grasp and flying into outside Earth atmosphere.
The Owl House Season 3 Final Episode
Released 9 April 2023 10:45 SGT (?)

I have just made a calculation for one fictional feat whose episode just released.

When after the episode release date time may I post it?
It is about Titan Luz and Eda evading from (just awakened) Titan Belos' grasp and flying into outside Earth atmosphere.
The Owl House Season 3 Final Episode
Released 9 April 2023 10:45 SGT (?)
nothing really stops you, the guys from Kaiju n 8 make and publish the calc of a feat in the same day it comes out

Don't suppose you have GIMP image editing software installed?

It's quite good, and has a native method of measuring surface area via pixel scaling, allowing you to do it for anything.

Find the distance between the target and the tower.

Find how far along the beam was from hitting the target before the cat moved.

Use that distance and divide it by the speed of light to find the timeframe.

Find the distance that the cat moved.

Use that distance and divide it by the timeframe to get the speed.

Hi so I did discuss this on discord with bambu but would also like to ask some questions too from other calc guys. So first I want to ask about this is this calc https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Ugarik/Daily_Bugle_calc# accurate even if it was a 46 story building and this calc too https://character-feats.fandom.com/...ileaction=toggle_view_desktop#articleComments could you guys also calc these thing feats compared to Spider-Man’s
7554260-c42a060b-b4e9-484d-abf0-30989c3ea30f.jpeg
7551030-53b2b5a9-eda3-4489-bcec-3bd978ca1098.jpeg

main-qimg-166b9f0de1ee3031ed0f0843b506c7e4-pjlq

main-qimg-065f5f5dc571de77ddfc73d273cc4a38-lq

7551031-64982a97-68f6-4fa8-934f-4df94a5a8308.jpeg

8663877-8402670126-WHQBDESGUJjLzbRFtVuByzP04bS0NrIDaC5AB9fC6skxYoR_vSZmRZ8CVIqwUuacOOzVzgzswFfXQ8x73m0aFIgtJyuzOFBWhl4Rvb0rSEGzhErifFMUtnHkLgVCGQ6XBrIP7QjmTg%3Ds1600.jpg

8663878-5511886500-RG5A2YyznsIxt1MIzJe-VdGBdbwRCiAy2WTd66jmXgptOKzBmbQlU1AshfEvtjSUJbJuasVGKpRbI7tDn7rdCYrUF_HRRGHdiNHC7_fgjeGUdzqHgHxiUb4aH1yd_-WnOCzbz01acw%3Ds1600.jpg

8680549-4624876131-09.jp.jpg

8663879-6870326153-e4qqOQYUpfikyXj4IwQOsOfMygCIpSvoXNDwpil_2wAkR3LeE4m_pxk6PmH0jcCh4oBusaLTSVTPiXwoOsuH9VB5l4_OEvHwYI2mLVXFbZGoZtWOMKXIMHAaei3yEYh7MapaOqjlqA%3Ds1600.jpg

images

I also have some Spider-Man feats that need calcs too
2LZHpwj_d.webp
U9rD7Jk_d.webp
PwCqy0k_d.webp
bjAI6f6_d.webp
CFLa9uT_d.webp

main-qimg-6128b6330c7904e9babb370a2e831877-lq

main-qimg-b23bc6e5a4fb46680ae44a12c8e93428-pjlq

main-qimg-0b9e3d5712e20baadaadfef6e259e801-pjlq

dhqtqbx_d.webp

VJVRpZM_d.webp

Hi so I did discuss this on discord with bambu but would also like to ask some questions too from other calc guys. So first I want to ask about this is this calc https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Ugarik/Daily_Bugle_calc# accurate even if it was a 46 story building and this calc too https://character-feats.fandom.com/...ileaction=toggle_view_desktop#articleComments could you guys also calc these thing feats compared to Spider-Man’s
I also have some Spider-Man feats that need calcs too

I also have more feats to add to it
dmb1ypS_d.webp
gyOXmyE_d.webp
QI74VNf_d.webp
Capture_2020-02-03-18-03-05.png
Capture_2020-02-03-17-40-03.png

I am trying to calculate the acceleration due to gravity of an artificially created mass construct whose escape velocity supersedes SOL. I have the radius already

Using the 'Vesc = SQRT(2GM/r)" to get its mass using SOL or 99% SOL(as low end) or 18's blast (at high end) as it's escape velocity and the calculated radius, and then using the g=GM/r^2, to get the acceleration due to gravity, I'll Confirm if this formula is applicable. Again, no assumptions needed, radius can be extrapolated, G is a constant, escape velocity is a lowballed SOL or 99% SOL, OR 18's blast - depending on if ftl values can be used in the formula.
Is the above method acceptable for SOL or FTL escape velocities? Or do i need it lowball to less than light speed to low-ball to less than SOL?

I just need to know if it's only viable at less than SOL, or SOL and above can also he used

I am trying to calculate the acceleration due to gravity of an artificially created mass construct whose escape velocity supersedes SOL. I have the radius already

Is the above method acceptable for SOL or FTL escape velocities? Or do i need it lowball to less than light speed to low-ball to less than SOL?

I just need to know if it's only viable at less than SOL, or SOL and above can also he used
SOL is solar level correct I don’t know hat feat you are talking about

But I think it is above sol after I read your calculation thank you btw for that

I think he's talking about the Pretty Black Hole from DBS, and he's asking if using the standard escape velocity formula for celestial bodies is valid for when the escape velocity is beyond the speed of light, he isn't talking about AP.

Not a calc group member but I think having higher than SoL escape velocities should work, since that's literally how black holes function to begin with, no?

Even aside from the whole Pretty Heart debate since I know you're in that thread, can you provide a reason why other than just "no"?

On both pages for black holes over on Fandom it explicitly mentions that FTL characters generally have no issue with them.

generally considered to inescapable to any entity that does not have either reality warping, FTL speed, or time travel
and the other one says
faster than light characters would still be capable to escape a black hole past the event horizon even though even for them it gets more and more difficult
From that logic am I wrong for inferring that FTL escape velocities are a thing?

I think he's talking about the Pretty Black Hole from DBS, and he's asking if using the standard escape velocity formula for celestial bodies is valid for when the escape velocity is beyond the speed of light, he isn't talking about AP.

Not a calc group member but I think having higher than SoL escape velocities should work, since that's literally how black holes function to begin with, no?
You guys are the expert of calcs I asked someone to compare the feats for Spider-Man to the things strength feats.(the guy who told me this has been doing this apparently before this site was created)he said Spider-Man strength feats were better than the things he only has scaling (even though Spider-Man has similar scaling too) so thankyou again

SOL as in Speed of light
Exactly
I just want to be sure, yeah their escape velocity is speed of light, but I also want to know if mftl speeds can be accepted as escape velocity too in the formula, cant be certain if this site has rules against that

Edit: just confirmed with @Psychomaster35, ftl escape velocity still works. Thanks

Last edited:
Can I ask anyone if they recall this feat or compare the calculations done with the scan ugarik used but instead using this scan to calc the feat here instead or combine the scan he used since you can actually see the the width and length better but use the height shown here
647.jpg

I posted a thread, but I thought to bring my query here too. Kagura's feat considering the original quote only says "an astounding amount of heat is released, causing the elimination of the the entire area", gives varying results depending upon the method of calculation:

Using specific heat equations gets 6-C+ to 6-A results (3.87 Gigaton of TNT to 1.513 Petatons of TNT )

Using nuclear fireball calculator gets 6-C results (8.54 Gigatons of TNT to 8.6 Gigatons of TNT)

Using radiation equations gets 9-C+ to High 6-A results (14277.5075 Joules of TNT to 11.97828 Petatons of TNT)

I just wish to know, which is viable?

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't think I would have gotten a response so soon to my dilemma so soon. Odd how my notifications didn't catch that ping. But yes, I do have GIMP installed.
Took you long enough

There's a tool on GIMP that may help. What you need to do is to outline the area you want to calculate the surface of (in this instance, the bits of the mech) via any selection tool- the pathing tool is my go to. After that, you need to use the dockable dialog called "histogram", which will tell you the exact number of pixels that are within the selected area. If you have something to pixel scale to the mech, you can learn the length of one pixel- thus every pixel is (Whatever Length)^2. Multiply by quantity of pixels to discern surface area.

For this specific thing you'll need to do this at least twice, and even more if you want extreme accuracy. Once for the front side, once for the backside. Since the guy has a lot of angular turns, you may wish to perform these steps for each segment of his body as well. Good luck.

Took you long enough

There's a tool on GIMP that may help. What you need to do is to outline the area you want to calculate the surface of (in this instance, the bits of the mech) via any selection tool- the pathing tool is my go to. After that, you need to use the dockable dialog called "histogram", which will tell you the exact number of pixels that are within the selected area. If you have something to pixel scale to the mech, you can learn the length of one pixel- thus every pixel is (Whatever Length)^2. Multiply by quantity of pixels to discern surface area.

For this specific thing you'll need to do this at least twice, and even more if you want extreme accuracy. Once for the front side, once for the backside. Since the guy has a lot of angular turns, you may wish to perform these steps for each segment of his body as well. Good luck.
People do that? I just drew over pictures with Adobe Illustrator and used a script to determine an object's area.

Back